Does "Live Freaky Die Freaky" mock murders?

AuthorMessage
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 08:05pm
Any retelling comes from a point of veiw though
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 08:18pm
Faith:

Yes, but you dont have to distort facts the way this movie does.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 08:28pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Faith:

As I said before - I haven't seen the movie yet. I can't tell. Not from your words, not from anyone else's. And it's not like I think your opinion is not trustable or anything. I just prefer to have my own - and I can't have one untill I see the movie.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 08:34pm
Faith:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Faith:

As I said before - I haven't seen the movie yet. I can't tell. Not from your words, not from anyone else's. And it's not like I think your opinion is not trustable or anything. I just prefer to have my own - and I can't have one untill I see the movie.

I know, its ok. Its good to form your own opinions.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 08:41pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Faith:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Faith:

I know, its ok. Its good to form your own opinions.

I understand why someone might decide not to watch a movie (any movie) because they think it will harm them in some way - like, you know, give them nightmares or something. But I think most people who are saying they won't watch the movie just do it out of protest. Confused There's been enough movies that I didn't watch principally and then years later when I finally watched them - they turned out to be great movies. SO, now I'm not assuming anything.
Guess, we'll just wait and see. I might never really get a chance to watch that movie anyway. Sad
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 08:47pm
Im not telling anyone not to watch the movie, that is pointless. Im just saying I find it sick, its to late to do anything about it, it comes out in a few weeks. Sorry if i gave that message, I was just stating how I felt about the movie mocking murders.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 1st, 2006 at 08:52pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Im not telling anyone not to watch the movie, that is pointless. Im just saying I find it sick, its to late to do anything about it, it comes out in a few weeks. Sorry if i gave that message, I was just stating how I felt about the movie mocking murders.

No, I think it's pretty clear you're just saying it's your opinion. I think we're all stubborn enough to make our own decision on whether to watch it or not.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 08:58pm
Faith:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

No, I think it's pretty clear you're just saying it's your opinion. I think we're all stubborn enough to make our own decision on whether to watch it or not.

oh yes, I know we are all stubborn, me being close to the top of that list. Twisted Evil
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 26th, 2006 at 08:17pm
*Blue Star*- eee:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
*Blue Star*:
Soooo...there's a possibility of Billie and Tre getting murdered by Charles Manson and his cult if Charles Manson gets out of jail? O_O

Who knows, the cult targeted celebrities, that is very extreme, but I pointed it out because it is a possibility. Mocking a mass murder and serial killer was not the smartest thing to do in my opinion Cool

Whoa! Freaky... I don't want to imagine Tre being murdered Sad

It's just...Tre's such a cheery person, y'know? You just can't imagine it.. Crying or Very sad

God, I hope Charles Manson doesn't get out.. o_0
dont you dare make me think about tre dying!!! lol i didnt see the movie, and i dont want to at his age and i shouldnt
Expressway To Yr Skull
King For A Couple Of Days
Expressway To Yr Skull
February 26th, 2006 at 09:53pm
LFDF was not based on Helter Skelter.
LFDF was a satirical look at the Tate-LaBianca slayings.
It's not meant to show what happened, to glorify Manson, OR to dishonor the dead. It was made to poke fun at some of our human nature and making fun of society more than the murders themselves.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
February 26th, 2006 at 10:01pm
By the way, Charles Manson is NEVER getting out of jail.
They were supposed to kill him but he got off with a pesky NINE life sentences.

He's 71, he's not making it out of there alive.
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
February 26th, 2006 at 10:09pm
Yeah, it made fun of murders.
But I think, like some movies do, they try to make fun of things.
If you make fun of things, sometimes people realise how stupid the people were.
Yes, it was awful.
Yes, it was sad.

But by making fun of it, people may take Charles Manson less seriously.
He's insane.
He's crazy.

By doing this movies, they were trying to show, yeah, it was bad, But this guy was crazy.
The people who belived him crazy.
Maybe this movie will show people that 'hey, lets not be crazy' and histroy won't repeat itself.

Dunno, it's hard to explain o_O.

I haven't seen the movie though xD.
Ignore me if you wanna.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
February 26th, 2006 at 10:18pm
Charles Manson is perfectly sane but otherwise i suppose i agree.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 26th, 2006 at 10:24pm
Jesus Christ Supermarket:

Charles Manson is anything but sane Shocked He got murder messages through pop culture, I have never had the desire to Kill someone after listening to a Brittney Spears song (kind of wanted to hurt her though...) He is mentally unstable, do you know why he hasnt been paroled? At every hearing he goes on one of his little preaching sessions and proves, once again, he is a knut job.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
February 26th, 2006 at 10:26pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Charles Manson is anything but sane Shocked He got murder messages through pop culture, I have never had the desire to Kill someone after listening to a Brittney Spears song (kind of wanted to hurt her though...) He is mentally unstable, do you know why he hasnt been paroled? At every hearing he goes on one of his little preaching sessions and proves, once again, he is a knut job.
unstable, sociopathic, crazy YES. but he IS sane. If he weren't he would have pleaded insane during his trial. He knows what he is doing it's not caused by mental illness.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 26th, 2006 at 10:31pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

unstable, sociopathic, crazy YES. but he IS sane. If he weren't he would have pleaded insane during his trial. He knows what he is doing it's not caused by mental illness.

I guess thats true. We can go with sane, but civilzed and stable, no.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
February 26th, 2006 at 10:32pm
Of COURSE he's not civilized.
But he's never getting out anyways.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 26th, 2006 at 10:38pm
If there wasnt a chance, he wouldnt be up for paroll, now that chance is about 1 in 1 million, but it could happen.

I dont think it will, but it could.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
February 26th, 2006 at 10:43pm
The court granted them all life in prison with parol.
Each of them (Manson, Atkins, Van Houten, Krenwinkle...) all go up for parol every 5-7 years.
NONE of them have gotten out yet.
And Leslie Van Houten only stabbed a dead woman.
CHARLES MANSON is NOT getting out.
and considering the fact that he's been in jail for over fifty years (granted not consequtively but still) and he's 71. HE'S GOING TO DIE SOON.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 26th, 2006 at 10:51pm
The court granted them all life in prison with parol.
Each of them (Manson, Atkins, Van Houten, Krenwinkle...) all go up for parol every 5-7 years.
NONE of them have gotten out yet.
And Leslie Van Houten only stabbed a dead woman.
CHARLES MANSON is NOT getting out.
and considering the fact that he's been in jail for over fifty years (granted not consequtively but still) and he's 71. HE'S GOING TO DIE SOON.

I personally dont think he will get out, but if it wasnt a possibilty, it wouldnt be an option.
Register