Prejudice towards Christians

AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 19th, 2007 at 01:29pm
Meski:
Protestant Chritstians hate any religion besides their own. And you cannot contradict me, I've been in a protestant school.
My dad was protestant, he a a Buddhist and Chinese and Catholic wedding. Yeah, he dispises those other religions.

Now he's a Muslim.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 19th, 2007 at 01:56pm
Meski:
Protestant Chritstians hate any religion besides their own. And you cannot contradict me, I've been in a protestant school.

My grandmother is a protestant (C of E) and she's the sweetest little old lady you've ever met. I can't even think of her capable of hating people. Cheese

Also, my dad was/is protestant (again, C of E) and he's one of the most tolerant people towards islam I know, despite the fact he doesn't mind joking about Christianity. o.o
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 21st, 2007 at 01:35am
Meski:

My best friend in primary schoool, her mother was a protestant. But her daughter (my friend) want to a catholic school, and she was married to a catholic man.

My sisters boyfriend (actually, now they're engaged), he and his parents are protestants. My sister was baptised a catholic, and my parents are very religious catholics.

So obv. these people hate all religions beside their own Mr. Green
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
April 21st, 2007 at 12:35pm
Meski:

It's not so much that they hate other faiths, but more so that they think theirs is the right one.

I watched this documentry on Antisemitism by this guy Mark Levin ( He's Jewish) and there's a part where he disscussing The Passion of the Christ/ Christian Anti semitism/salvation With Evangelicals they said that you have to except Jesus to get into heaven, he's the only way ect. a few people where saying at the end of the segment "starting tonight you'll be in my prayers," or "if you ever want to talk you can talk to me" And I got the impression that they where trying to convert him.

True Story: I had a debat on the importants of Catholicism in the eyes of God with a Baptist freind of mine (I'm catholic by the way) and he said more or less that catholic church did EVERYTHING wrong and it was up to Protestants to fix it because they where the true church of God.
I then told him that it seems horribly bad of God/Jesus NOT to inspire people to found the "right church" until 1500 years after Christianity formed, it makes no sence that Christ would allow his people to wallow in darkness for that long......
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 21st, 2007 at 08:51pm
Maiku's Requiem:
Meski:

It's not so much that they hate other faiths, but more so that they think theirs is the right one.

I watched this documentry on Antisemitism by this guy Mark Levin ( He's Jewish) and there's a part where he disscussing The Passion of the Christ/ Christian Anti semitism/salvation With Evangelicals they said that you have to except Jesus to get into heaven, he's the only way ect. a few people where saying at the end of the segment "starting tonight you'll be in my prayers," or "if you ever want to talk you can talk to me" And I got the impression that they where trying to convert him.

True Story: I had a debat on the importants of Catholicism in the eyes of God with a Baptist freind of mine (I'm catholic by the way) and he said more or less that catholic church did EVERYTHING wrong and it was up to Protestants to fix it because they where the true church of God.
I then told him that it seems horribly bad of God/Jesus NOT to inspire people to found the "right church" until 1500 years after Christianity formed, it makes no sence that Christ would allow his people to wallow in darkness for that long......

You guys are totally generalizing, just so you know.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
April 21st, 2007 at 10:36pm
druscilla; in rags:
Maiku's Requiem:
Meski:

You guys are totally generalizing, just so you know.

I know, but I also know that i've seen this happen in varing degrees ranging from thinking that having a cross without the corpse of jesus on it is a better symbol of Christianity, to yelling at your daughter for threating to become a catholic to claiming out right that protestantism is the "true" church.
saying that faiths think that theirs is the right one isn't a generaliztion in the sence that it's incorrect because all faiths think that way to some degree, that's why there are conflicts based on religion. That's why, to some exent people hate other faiths becuse there is that "my faith is better then yours" adittude which creates disrespect for the other faith and eventualy hatred of it.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 01:49am
Catholisism does have some outrageous beliefs sometimes, like bread being the flesh of Christ and wine being the blood of Christ, whereas Protastants think that bread represents the flesh of Christ and wine represents the blood of Christ.

I mean, Jesus must've been one big loaf of bread.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 04:21am
Anji:
Catholisism does have some outrageous beliefs sometimes, like bread being the flesh of Christ and wine being the blood of Christ, whereas Protastants think that bread represents the flesh of Christ and wine represents the blood of Christ.

Catholics think that bread and wine represents the flesh and blood of Christ too Eh
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 05:17am
Dr. Cuddy:
Anji:

Catholics think that bread and wine represents the flesh and blood of Christ too Eh
No, a Catholic priest told me that they believe that bread and wine is the flesh and blood of Christ.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 22nd, 2007 at 05:55am
Anji:
No, a Catholic priest told me that they believe that bread and wine is the flesh and blood of Christ.

All the catholics I know believe it to be a representation.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 06:12am
Plug In Baby.:
Anji:

Think I've been told by numerous Catholics, including a preist and by my dad who 'claims to know everything' that they believe it is an artifact.

Maybe Catholicism is going to split soon. Two seperate sectors with small but subtly different beliefs. It's happened with the rest of Christianity.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 23rd, 2007 at 02:28pm
Anji:
Plug In Baby.:
Anji:

Think I've been told by numerous Catholics, including a preist and by my dad who 'claims to know everything' that they believe it is an artifact.

Maybe Catholicism is going to split soon. Two seperate sectors with small but subtly different beliefs. It's happened with the rest of Christianity.
I don't believe that issue is going to split Catholicism. And if it matters I have been told by a priest that bread/wine are juts a representation, a metaphor. At least its like that on the few masses I have attended. Confused
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 23rd, 2007 at 08:53pm
I think bread and wine are.... bread and wine. Coolio
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
April 23rd, 2007 at 09:05pm
Dr. Cuddy:
Anji:
Plug In Baby.:
Anji:

I don't believe that issue is going to split Catholicism. And if it matters I have been told by a priest that bread/wine are juts a representation, a metaphor. At least its like that on the few masses I have attended. Confused

The Catholic stants on the bread and wine thing is that it's the literal body and blood of christ, not a metaphore, not representaion, the wine is blood and the bread is flesh.Any priest who tells you different isn't giving you the Church belife, but their oppinion since that belife is an offical dogma of the Catholic chruch. Not to metion one of the divdeing factors between Catholicism and Protestantism.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 02:28am
Ok so everyone is saying me that wine and bread in Catholicism are the flesh and blood of Christ, not a representation. I am a Catholic for 14 years now and how in the Earths name did I miss that? I still think its just a representation.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 24th, 2007 at 03:12am
Ever since the foundation of the Church, the celebration of the Eucharist has been the center of Christian life. From the beginning, the Catholic Church has defended, even with the blood of many martyrs, the teaching of the Lord that the Eucharist is really his body and blood. Once the words This is my Body and This is my Blood are said by the priest at Mass, the bread is no longer bread and the wine is longer wine. The bread and wine are transformed into the body and blood of Jesus. This part of the Mass is called the consecration. The transformation of the bread and wine is called transubstantiation. The truth of this transformation is called the real presence.

This is what I meant by representation. I didn't know how to word it properly. What it means is that it doesn't come from him, but becomes him at the mass. When it is concecrated, his spirit fills it.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 05:47am
Plug In Baby.:
Ever since the foundation of the Church, the celebration of the Eucharist has been the center of Christian life. From the beginning, the Catholic Church has defended, even with the blood of many martyrs, the teaching of the Lord that the Eucharist is really his body and blood. Once the words This is my Body and This is my Blood are said by the priest at Mass, the bread is no longer bread and the wine is longer wine. The bread and wine are transformed into the body and blood of Jesus. This part of the Mass is called the consecration. The transformation of the bread and wine is called transubstantiation. The truth of this transformation is called the real presence.

This is what I meant by representation. I didn't know how to word it properly. What it means is that it doesn't come from him, but becomes him at the mass. When it is concecrated, his spirit fills it.
Oh yes, now I understand. I was starting to get all weird and confused.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 11:22am
I'm still taking that to mean that t is the flesh and blood of Christ. It says.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 12:26pm
Kurtni:
I think bread and wine are.... bread and wine. Coolio

And Catholics think...well, its kind of, the most important part of their faith, really.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 12:28pm
Anji:

Maybe. But which religion doesn't have outrageous beliefs, really?
Register