Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
December 31st, 2005 at 04:01pm
Does feminism still exist?
Is it right that a womans place in the home is cooking, cleaning etc.? Or do you think that none of that exists any more?
Personally, I think that men are almost brainwashed in a way to believe that woman are "lower" than them, what do you think?
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
December 31st, 2005 at 04:06pm
I agree, though I hate sexism, so being a feminist is kind of contradicting myself there.

But I do believe that it all still exists, as much to my dismay.
I also believe that this is wrong is every way possible. I, for one, do not want to be cooped up in some house with the children and dog, cooking and cleaning all day long. I have dreams and I intend of following them, with or without a man in my life. If they can't handle that, then screw them.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 04:08pm
Of course, it still exists. A lot of men still think it's a woman's job to please him, clean and cook.
It's sad this still exists in the 21st century...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:33pm
Immortally Jaded:
I agree, though I hate sexism, so being a feminist is kind of contradicting myself there.

I don't see how.

I hate it when people assume feminists all hate men and are totally sexist against them. That's worse that feminism, thats just plain ignorance.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 04:39pm
Bloodraine:
Immortally Jaded:

I don't see how.

I hate it when people assume feminists all hate men and are totally sexist against them. That's worse that feminism, thats just plain ignorance.

I tend to support women...You know, like when there's a contest and there's 5 guys and one girl - I'll support the girl just because she's a girl.
But hating all men is kinda stupid. Confused
What exactly is feminism?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:44pm
Most feminists take things way to far and to the extreme, they go out of their way to create a mess and it works. They claim they want to be equal, but they are constantly seperating men from women. I know that women are sometime treated unfairly, thats where the focus should be, not everytime a guy gets something a girl doesnt, maybe he was more qualified then she was for the job, which is why he got it. Saying someone is sexist isnt the answer to the problem. Unless it can be proven that someone was truly being sexist a big deal shouldnt be made about it, thats why people have little respect for feminists, they tend to drag useless things out they cant possibly prove.

As for the stay at home thing, anyone can do that, just like anyone can have a carrear, it all depends on what you want. Some people like staying home and being with their kids, others like supporting the family, that family position is interchangable bewteen men and women.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:45pm
Faith:
Bloodraine:
Immortally Jaded:

I don't see how.

I tend to support women...You know, like when there's a contest and there's 5 guys and one girl - I'll support the girl just because she's a girl.

Feminism is the movement organized around the belief in in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

So it isn't about hating men, its about wanting equality.

(I'd just like to add that I do not hate men at all, neither am I a feminist)
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 04:49pm
Bloodraine:
Faith:
Bloodraine:
Immortally Jaded:

I don't see how.

Feminism is the movement organized around the belief in in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

Feminism - Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

So, I suppose one could call me a feminist, but I'm not one of those crazy bitches that carry it way over the limits. Rolling Eyes
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:52pm
Faith:
Bloodraine:
Faith:
Bloodraine:
Immortally Jaded:

I don't see how.

Feminism - Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

So, I suppose one could call me a feminist, but I'm not one of those crazy bitches that carry it way over the limits. Rolling Eyes

thats the problem, its the crazy bitches that trash the whole thing. They claim they want equality, but they are constantly seperating men and women Rolling Eyes
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:54pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
thats the problem, its the crazy bitches that trash the whole thing. They claim they want equality, but they are constantly seperating men and women Rolling Eyes

They give feminism a bad name.

Which in turn, results in people getting a jaded impression of feminism.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 04:57pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Which in turn, results in people getting a jadede impression of feminism.

thats the reason there still is sexist people, when feminists get carried away they really get carried away and dont realize how foolish they look, so what they stand for gets dragged through the mud and mocked.
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 04:58pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Wow, you took words out of my fucking mouth... Shocked
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 31st, 2005 at 05:00pm
Faith:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

you shouldnt take things out of peoples mouths, it isnt always safe Shifty
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 31st, 2005 at 05:08pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Faith:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

you shouldnt take things out of peoples mouths, it isnt always safe Shifty

Yeah, germs and all...
basketcase17
King For A Couple Of Days
basketcase17
January 1st, 2006 at 06:10pm
I consider myself to be a femenist, or anyone else who believes in equality, unfortunatly, femenists get put in a lot of bad light so women deny being feminists. But i think its ridiculous when women completly contradict themselths by then saying they hate men, and women are better than men. Feminism is about equality and understanding that both sex's are equal. Any random girl can say "Men are fucking dumb asses im liek a totally femenist lolololol"
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 1st, 2006 at 06:14pm
What about a womans place in the home? What do you think are mens expectations of women nowadays?
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
January 1st, 2006 at 06:35pm
Q:Why did the woman cross the road?

A: I dont know, but who the hell let her out of the kitchen?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 06:41pm
oh Slappy, how funny you are Rolling Eyes
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2006 at 06:42pm
Slappy:

stfu N00b. Oh, how long I've waited to say that to someone.
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
January 1st, 2006 at 06:45pm
Bloodraine:
Slappy:

stfu N00b. Oh, how long I've waited to say that to someone.

I am not a "n00b" I have been here longer than you, and i had many more posts than i do now, but they all got deleted. Also, i dont spend as much time in the threads anymore.

You are one of those chicks who dont shave their armpits arent you?
Register