Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
February 19th, 2007 at 05:09am
Not all bussinesses. I know of many businesses that care about their employees.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 19th, 2007 at 09:26am
+_Pledged_+:
anti-christ of suburbia:
also, i have heard cases of a man and a woman going for the same job, with the same qualifications, and the woman being refused, despite probably being better than the guy, because she is a woman.

But all businesses think of is profit, and hiring the woman may cause problems in the future. What if she wants kids? They'd have to pay extra money to get someone to take her place for a while, whilst still paying her.

Still think it's wrong though.
Women, not to be sexist, only honest, are generally more concessive, so wouldn't that make them a more efficient worker?
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 19th, 2007 at 09:53am
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
anti-christ of suburbia:
also, i have heard cases of a man and a woman going for the same job, with the same qualifications, and the woman being refused, despite probably being better than the guy, because she is a woman.

But all businesses think of is profit, and hiring the woman may cause problems in the future. What if she wants kids? They'd have to pay extra money to get someone to take her place for a while, whilst still paying her.

Women, not to be sexist, only honest, are generally more concessive, so wouldn't that make them a more efficient worker?

The company would still lose more than they would gain.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 19th, 2007 at 10:15am
+_Pledged_+:
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
anti-christ of suburbia:

OK, let me explain. The concession of women extends to the fact that they are happier to work with less pay than a man. Not only that, but they aren't objectionable and are pretty much forward thinking. This makes them more efficient workers and in turn, more work gets done. Work work done, more money made.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
February 22nd, 2007 at 04:41am
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
anti-christ of suburbia:

OK, let me explain. The concession of women extends to the fact that they are happier to work with less pay than a man. Not only that, but they aren't objectionable and are pretty much forward thinking. This makes them more efficient workers and in turn, more work gets done. Work work done, more money made.

there is a saying i heard somewhere i think it goes like this 'behind every leading man is a woman doing the work'
idk if thats relevant or not.
peeingchicken
Geek
peeingchicken
February 22nd, 2007 at 06:50pm
true most men (like me) are braindead.but some of our species arnt assholes.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 24th, 2007 at 09:18am
Anji:

I, and the majority of other women, would in no way, shape, or form accept working for less pay than a man. That's 21st century sexism and it's totally and completely inexcusable. You can't justify lowering someones salery based on gender. I don't think many women will accept being discriminated against, I however know that I would prefer equality.
The way you phrased your third sentence makes is seem as if women are just mindless and don't have opinions on things. Women are just as expressive as men. And I wouldn't go as far as saying women are more efficient either. You phrased it as if women get more work done that men can't, and that's not true. Men and women can be equally qualified to perform jobs.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 24th, 2007 at 09:20am
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
anti-christ of suburbia:

I don't think it's a case of women being ''happier'' to work for that pay, but being there is no other choice. The work place is still male dominated (if anyone male of female tries to object to that please go get a clue) for women to have to try and start infiltrating that you have to allow a certain amount of le-way so that you can be accepted by the majority. obviously since the 80's this has improved but men tend to still have the upper hand in pay through underhanded hidden details, such as bonus'. But it's a bit of a stretch to say we're happy about it.

It's always going to be hard for women to be accepted because as nature has ruled we our supposed to be mothers and we will always be viewed in that light regardless if we have kids or not.

Never the less education reforms throughout the 90's now show that when it comes to learning, activities and lessons are now steered towards being more accessible for girls, which is why in the last 5 years in Britain test scores show girls a good 10 percent ahead of boys it also shows in uni applications girls are catching up. So you can expect in the next 20 years a shift of power.

However we are a patriarchal society so rest assured boys your more than likely always going to have the upper hand.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 24th, 2007 at 09:24am
Kurtni:
Anji:

I, and the majority of other women, would in no way, shape, or form accept working for less pay than a man. That's 21st century sexism and it's totally and completely inexcusable. You can't justify lowering someones salery based on gender. I don't think many women will accept being discriminated against, I however know that I would prefer equality.
The way you phrased your third sentence makes is seem as if women are just mindless and don't have opinions on things. Women are just as expressive as men. And I wouldn't go as far as saying women are more efficient either. You phrased it as if women get more work done that men can't, and that's not true. Men and women can be equally qualified to perform jobs.
Completely irrelevent to you, but in many new marketed countries, women are happier to work for less pay and the unemployment rate is larger in males than females. The capitalistic companies establishing factories prefer women because as they are happier to work for less pay, they are also less likely to go on strike because of their pay. Maybe it's media control, but generally I hear about men going on strike more than women. I'm happy that I work for less than other employees at my job. But, that's irrelevent too.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 24th, 2007 at 09:26am
Kurtni:
Anji:

Wait, women are mindless because they are happy to work for a decent amount in their views, and they like to get work done?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 24th, 2007 at 09:39am
Anji:
Wait, women are mindless because they are happy to work for a decent amount in their views, and they like to get work done?

Anji:
Not only that, but they aren't objectionable and are pretty much forward thinking

You said they aren't objectionable, and I think thats untrue. Anyone can be objectionable when they feel the time is correct, there is more to be expressive about aside from just pay, I didn't say they were mindless by being happy with less pay. I said they'd be mindless if they never expressed their views and didn't object when they felt it needed.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 24th, 2007 at 09:42am
Kurtni:
Anji:

Anji:
Not only that, but they aren't objectionable and are pretty much forward thinking

You said they aren't objectionable, and I think thats untrue. Anyone can be objectionable when they feel the time is correct, there is more to be expressive about aside from just pay, I didn't say they were mindless by being happy with less pay. I said they'd be mindless if they never expressed their views and didn't object when they felt it needed.
Maybe in other circumstances, but in terms of pay, I find that they aren't.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
March 9th, 2007 at 05:55pm
Many beliefs of 'where a woman should be' come from religious views.

"Let your women keep silence in the churches; for it is not permitted unto them to speak; for they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law." Corinthians, 14:34

Times have changed. People should change sometimes, too...
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 10th, 2007 at 10:45am
Religion shouldn't change though. It is like history, it just doesn't change. I just came back from Malaysia and I went to a mosque with a couple of my friends. The National Mosque. And I had to cover up in these robes they had but my guy friends didn't at all. And I totally respect that. It's their religion and I have to respect that to in a Muslim house I find that women should do as their religion specifies. Otherwise, what's the point of being religious?
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 10th, 2007 at 11:46am
Anji:
Religion shouldn't change though. It is like history, it just doesn't change. I just came back from Malaysia and I went to a mosque with a couple of my friends. The National Mosque. And I had to cover up in these robes they had but my guy friends didn't at all. And I totally respect that. It's their religion and I have to respect that to in a Muslim house I find that women should do as their religion specifies. Otherwise, what's the point of being religious?
Religion should change, but it should develop by time. The Church shouldn't say how the womens only job is to give birth to children and if not she shouldn't be respected. That its wrong if a women divorces from her husband even if he is beating her up. Wearing a robe is a Muslim religious tradition, but these are just words and rules that should be changed.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
March 10th, 2007 at 05:34pm
um, feminism still exists lolVery Happy totaly, but yeah, everyone is supposed to be equal and most of people i know tend to think that way too, and if they dont(well, the males of them)its their problem and they have to get over it. If some woman wants be lower than a man then its her decision to make so yeah, i wont force anyone into anything, people can do whatever they want as long as none of it desturbes my way of life, if it does - someone will get hurt, and it wont be me.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 11:59am
Dr. Cuddy:
Anji:
Religion should change, but it should develop by time. The Church shouldn't say how the womens only job is to give birth to children and if not she shouldn't be respected. That its wrong if a women divorces from her husband even if he is beating her up. Wearing a robe is a Muslim religious tradition, but these are just words and rules that should be changed.
See, I think that if people don't agree with the veiws of their religion, women especially, then they should find another more suitable religion or sub-sector of their religion to worship. Otherwise they already aren't in their original religion and so might as well join another one anyways. Religion doesn't change but new ones are being made, some from scratch, some from previous ones, as I said before 'sub-sectors'.

For women to have to wear robes isn't just a tradition. It is an essential part of the religion and if you are Islamic and do not appreciate that, then you are not infact Islamic at all. For women to not wear robes in mosques means they then do not respect Allah. In public too although this is being changed but that simply means that there is a different type of modernised Islam being preached. That and the traditional Islamism of women having to cover up are different religions even if they do pray to the same God.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 12:46pm
Anji:
Dr. Cuddy:
Anji:
See, I think that if people don't agree with the veiws of their religion, women especially, then they should find another more suitable religion or sub-sector of their religion to worship. Otherwise they already aren't in their original religion and so might as well join another one anyways. Religion doesn't change but new ones are being made, some from scratch, some from previous ones, as I said before 'sub-sectors'.

For women to have to wear robes isn't just a tradition. It is an essential part of the religion and if you are Islamic and do not appreciate that, then you are not infact Islamic at all. For women to not wear robes in mosques means they then do not respect Allah. In public too although this is being changed but that simply means that there is a different type of modernised Islam being preached. That and the traditional Islamism of women having to cover up are different religions even if they do pray to the same God.
I know it isn't just a tradition, but you know what I wanted to say.

How am I supposed to follow any religion if their views are like those I have mentioned? Probably there is a religion that doesn't think like that, but basically women who are Catholic or Christian should all change their religion because the religion has that "rules." I don't think that will solve the problem. By ignoring it, we wont solve anything and as I said, unlike Muslim, opinion on women in Christianity could change. Nobody does change it though.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 11th, 2007 at 12:52pm
how about this
we judge people regardless of gender, and hire them that way
then, if there's some huge gap in women and men's performance in certain areas, we know, "oh wow, turns out men are a lot lazier as a whole, yet are less likely to call in sick" (just an example) and work towards changing that

the only time stereotypes can work is if they're based on the truth
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 12:57pm
spill_no_sick:
how about this
we judge people regardless of gender, and hire them that way
then, if there's some huge gap in women and men's performance in certain areas, we know, "oh wow, turns out men are a lot lazier as a whole, yet are less likely to call in sick" (just an example) and work towards changing that

the only time stereotypes can work is if they're based on the truth
The truth is is that women are generally a more docile labour force. They are more unlikely to join unions, and more reliable because of that.
Register