Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 11th, 2007 at 01:01pm
Anji:
spill_no_sick:
how about this
we judge people regardless of gender, and hire them that way
then, if there's some huge gap in women and men's performance in certain areas, we know, "oh wow, turns out men are a lot lazier as a whole, yet are less likely to call in sick" (just an example) and work towards changing that

the only time stereotypes can work is if they're based on the truth
The truth is is that women are generally a more docile labour force. They are more unlikely to join unions, and more reliable because of that.
I wouldn't know
like I said, people form an opinion, and then look at what the facts have to say about it as opposed to blindly finding the facts they need, and then basing their opinions off of that
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 01:08pm
Dr. Cuddy:
Anji:
Dr. Cuddy:
Anji:
Religion shouldn't change though. It is like history, it just doesn't change. I just came back from Malaysia and I went to a mosque with a couple of my friends. The National Mosque. And I had to cover up in these robes they had but my guy friends didn't at all. And I totally respect that. It's their religion and I have to respect that to in a Muslim house I find that women should do as their religion specifies. Otherwise, what's the point of being religious?
Religion should change, but it should develop by time. The Church shouldn't say how the womens only job is to give birth to children and if not she shouldn't be respected. That its wrong if a women divorces from her husband even if he is beating her up. Wearing a robe is a Muslim religious tradition, but these are just words and rules that should be changed.
See, I think that if people don't agree with the veiws of their religion, women especially, then they should find another more suitable religion or sub-sector of their religion to worship. Otherwise they already aren't in their original religion and so might as well join another one anyways. Religion doesn't change but new ones are being made, some from scratch, some from previous ones, as I said before 'sub-sectors'.

For women to have to wear robes isn't just a tradition. It is an essential part of the religion and if you are Islamic and do not appreciate that, then you are not infact Islamic at all. For women to not wear robes in mosques means they then do not respect Allah. In public too although this is being changed but that simply means that there is a different type of modernised Islam being preached. That and the traditional Islamism of women having to cover up are different religions even if they do pray to the same God.
I know it isn't just a tradition, but you know what I wanted to say.

How am I supposed to follow any religion if their views are like those I have mentioned? Probably there is a religion that doesn't think like that, but basically women who are Catholic or Christian should all change their religion because the religion has that "rules." I don't think that will solve the problem. By ignoring it, we wont solve anything and as I said, unlike Muslim, opinion on women in Christianity could change. Nobody does change it though.
Sub-sectors of Catholicism have different views on women than like Roman Catholicism. It's not taken seriously enough by women, but it's sorta like Christian's who approve abortion. They belong in a different seb-sector of Christianity then. Some people call it rationalising, others call it modernising, either way it's different. I think people are hesitant to think about it like that because they still consider themselves as Christians, which they are. They still believe in God, they're just different from others who disapprove abortions. With veiws on women, most curched will preach a modernistic view without people realising. It's not a minority, it quite common.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 04:18pm
Anji:
Sub-sectors of Catholicism have different views on women than like Roman Catholicism. It's not taken seriously enough by women, but it's sorta like Christian's who approve abortion. They belong in a different seb-sector of Christianity then. Some people call it rationalising, others call it modernising, either way it's different. I think people are hesitant to think about it like that because they still consider themselves as Christians, which they are. They still believe in God, they're just different from others who disapprove abortions. With veiws on women, most curched will preach a modernistic view without people realising. It's not a minority, it quite common.
You are right, Christianity is too wide of an area to discuss. And I hope you are right, but so far, the most churched people I have, I don't want to say low views of women, but narrow-minded and ignorant.
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
March 21st, 2007 at 12:43pm
well...men and women have the same rights,no?
i'm in a country where the president's a woman,and at least its getting common to get women at very important ranks.
but there are still idiot laws that cut some percent of a woman's payment in a job,while a man wins more in the same job...stop that! the important is the knowdeledge,not the gender.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 21st, 2007 at 04:19pm
today my son who is just 15 told me these 3 jokes,

why do women have smaller feet than men?
answer: so they can stand closer to the sink.

then it was:

what do you call a woman with a black eye?
answer: a slow learner.

and then it was:

what do you call a woman with two black eyes?
answer: has thick has shit

-----------------------------------------------------------------

i however didnt think they were funny and his sister gave him a slap across the face,
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 21st, 2007 at 04:22pm
Lucifers Angel:

then it was:

and then it was:

i however didnt think they were funny and his sister gave him a slap across the face,
I heard the first one before and was disgust, but the other two are just horrible. So women have jokes about guys intelligence and their penises, but domestic violence and violence over women is nothing to laugh about.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 21st, 2007 at 04:27pm
Dr. Cuddy:
Lucifers Angel:

then it was:

and then it was:

I heard the first one before and was disgust, but the other two are just horrible. So women have jokes about guys intelligence and their penises, but domestic violence and violence over women is nothing to laugh about.

its ok i know he's an ass hole!! and i was disgusted!! when we women make jokes about they're penises they dont like it, and now we have jokes said like that about us!!
Mgasp!
Geek
Mgasp!
March 31st, 2007 at 02:18am
Nickel Nausea:
well...men and women have the same rights,no?
i'm in a country where the president's a woman,and at least its getting common to get women at very important ranks.
but there are still idiot laws that cut some percent of a woman's payment in a job,while a man wins more in the same job...stop that! the important is the knowdeledge,not the gender.

I agree that bugs me just because we can have children we get paid less.There's no reason of that.

None
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 10:56am
I come from a country where men are too impure to dance.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 10:58am
Anji:

..Think What?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 11:14am
Kurtni:
Anji:

..Think What?
In Thai traditional dance, women always play the mens parts. Like I'm learning the male lead for one part and my teacher keeps calling me 'man'. it's really funny listening to her try and transcend the language boundary.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 11:51am
Anji:
Kurtni:
Anji:

..Think What?
In Thai traditional dance, women always play the mens parts. Like I'm learning the male lead for one part and my teacher keeps calling me 'man'. it's really funny listening to her try and transcend the language boundary.

Oh, Ok, that makes sense. I was just confused as to what you were talking about. Fizz
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 6th, 2007 at 04:19pm
Lucifers Angel:
Dr. Cuddy:
Lucifers Angel:

then it was:

and then it was:

its ok i know he's an ass hole!! and i was disgusted!! when we women make jokes about they're penises they dont like it, and now we have jokes said like that about us!!
I didnt call your kid an asshole and I dont want you to think that. I have heard those jokes from other boys too. They are terrible, but most of them just get a good laugh out of it. they dont think that way.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
April 6th, 2007 at 11:26pm
I think feminism does still exist. But does it just apply to woman? Hell no. And do woman only belong in kitchens? No. I think different people do different jobs at home. Men and woman do dishes. Not just the woman all the time. This is just stereotyping. That's like saying only men are able to work and bring in the money or there isn't allowed to be stay at home husbands. Stereotyping and ignorance.
Gloria21Guns
Geek
Gloria21Guns
April 24th, 2010 at 11:11pm
well duh it still exists. now does it exist as much now? more than likely not. yeah there's always going to be "that guy" that thinks that women are only there to please them, but that's just plain stupidity and not being taught better or just not getting it sunk into their heads.

i actually think that its beginning to reverse a bit. think about this, women and men are able to do the same jobs and make the same money, but in my opinion there are more men beginning to stay home more and do more work than women. ok yeah i know that this is a CD and not neccessarily true but like in 21st Century Breakdown, the music video shows "Gloria" shoving "Christian" out of the way so she can fix his car, and to me thats a really great example of how its reversing. women are probably beginning to outnumber men in a lot of fields that were near completely full of men. but this is just my opinion :/
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
April 25th, 2010 at 06:24am
MrsBillieJoe95:
well duh it still exists. now does it exist as much now? more than likely not. yeah there's always going to be "that guy" that thinks that women are only there to please them, but that's just plain stupidity and not being taught better or just not getting it sunk into their heads.

i actually think that its beginning to reverse a bit. think about this, women and men are able to do the same jobs and make the same money, but in my opinion there are more men beginning to stay home more and do more work than women. ok yeah i know that this is a CD and not neccessarily true but like in 21st Century Breakdown, the music video shows "Gloria" shoving "Christian" out of the way so she can fix his car, and to me thats a really great example of how its reversing. women are probably beginning to outnumber men in a lot of fields that were near completely full of men. but this is just my opinion :/

But it's only pretend though Dear.
There will always be discrimination, there are no two ways about it, it's because of different generations being bought up in different times. Each person has their own opinions and values, we can't do no mind control to make all things equal.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
April 25th, 2010 at 03:21pm
I'm learning how to be independant from my parents. I still don't have a job, but I do want one in the near future, but for now, I'm going to school and learning how to take care of myself.
Cuzzbocks
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Cuzzbocks
June 14th, 2010 at 06:39am
You don't all have to be Riot Grrrls, but you must, at all times, stand for your rights. These rights were hard fought. They take years and lifetimes to attain, but can be lost overnight. History is replete with examples.

I am a male. Obviously I can recognize that there are fundamental differences between men and women. Some superficial, some notsomuch. But at the end of the day we are EQUAL in every legal and principled sense of the word.

Society has and will continue to change. That is certain. Total equity can and will be achieved. Don't give one inch.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2010 at 09:18pm
If I hear one more "make me a sandwich" joke I might hurt someone.
Rozee.
This Board Is My Home
Rozee.
June 15th, 2010 at 07:01am
Desmond Hume:
If I hear one more "make me a sandwich" joke I might hurt someone.
Damn you!! lmfao i was soooo gunna post "so which of you women is gunna get in the kitchen and make me sandwich?" .. sorry Laughing
Register