Pitbulls BANNED in Ontario, Canada?

AuthorMessage
steady riot.
King For A Couple Of Days
steady riot.
January 3rd, 2006 at 01:32pm
What does this mean to pitbull owners here???? No more puppies, and no more imports. It's a "humane" way to eliminate yet another species. What does this mean in the big picture of things? For starters, one might wonder which breed will be next? Maybe German Shepherds will receive a bad reputation, or possibly Rottweilers. This just doesn't seem to be the way to go about this. A pitbull is not a gun, and even though humans customized them for fighting, they still deserve to exist
I own two pitbulls of my own, and they are the friendliest dogs I have ever had. They would never hurt a fly. It all depends on how the owner raises the pitbull, if you raise it with lots of attention and affection, it will be fine.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't find one though. Please state your opinions on this!
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
January 3rd, 2006 at 01:44pm
You can't ban a certian kind of pet just because some people train that kind of pet to attack. My aunt and uncle have and pitbull and he's the sweetest dog on earth. Banning pitbulls is stupid and kinda immoral and basically not really legal.

Smoking is more harmfull than a dog. Until they ban smoking, they can't outlaw pitbulls.
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 3rd, 2006 at 01:49pm
exactly. It seems idiotic, it's like, instead of dealing with trying to punish all the owners, they just ban the dogs. Which, in reality, punishing the owners would be more effective. When you ban pitbulls, your also banning bull mastifs, boxers, pugs, staffitire terriors and others of the pitbull family.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 3rd, 2006 at 02:51pm
Awww!

PETITION!
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 3rd, 2006 at 02:54pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Awww!

PETITION!
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 3rd, 2006 at 02:56pm
The media only talks about the pitbull attacks...never other breeds. There are actuall more small dog attacks, than pitbulls Shocked Scary, but true.
redc
Jackass
redc
January 3rd, 2006 at 04:20pm
Simply put - it's not the dogs, it's those that "train" them that are at fault...I have an idea "Ban" the owners!
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 3rd, 2006 at 04:32pm
But then I'm banned Razz
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
January 3rd, 2006 at 07:47pm
I don't neccessarily think that's all around fair Confused

For one, pitbulls are natural attackers, like dobermans or rotweilers

And I'm sure that some of them can be trained to be nice.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 3rd, 2006 at 09:08pm
Well some pitbulls are trained to attack I say maybe they should arrest people who train them that way. U_U Isnt that already a Law? o_o
[offtopic]i hate blue heelers they suck >_< one specifically[/offtopic]
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 3rd, 2006 at 09:54pm
Most of them are trained to be nice, just like any other breed. All breeds have a few "bed seeds". There are other vicious dogs, not just pitbulls. But people see a pitbull, and automaticaly they think it must be vicious, from the way it looks or, from what the media tells them, like a pitbull can and will turn on you. which is false. Rarely does your pitbull turn on you, unless you are teasing it, or abusing it. But any other kind of breed can turn on you.I think this law is very insane. We can not leave our homes with our pitbulls, without them being muzzled & leashed. Many pitbulls got put to sleep in pounds, because no one took them. Pitbulls cannot be shipped, brought or born into ontario as of August 2005. So now, if my family wants any more pitbulls after these two that we have now, we're going to have to more to another province...
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
January 3rd, 2006 at 10:01pm
Billie_joes_insomniac1352:

I own two pitbulls of my own, and they are the friendliest dogs I have ever had. They would never hurt a fly. It all depends on how the owner raises the pitbull, if you raise it with lots of attention and affection, it will be fine.

Yes, it's the owners who teach them to attack... it's not the dogs fault... there should be trainers for pitbull owners o_o
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 3rd, 2006 at 10:16pm
~I Am Canadian~:

Yes, it's the owners who teach them to attack... it's not the dogs fault... there should be trainers for pitbull owners o_o

i agree
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 3rd, 2006 at 11:16pm
Ive heard that pitbulls are born to attack and kill en stuff -_- but it just depends if you...well actually all dogs attack o_O nevermind...
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2006 at 08:55am
You've got to look at each dog individally. On the one hand, you could have a completely docile and submissive pit bull who is gentle and a good pet, but then you could have some vicous snarling Labrador who attacks kids and bites everyone he is in contact with...Lumping all of these animals together in one category as being dangerous is not fair.

Its like banning all Iraqi people from Ontario because a very small minority of them are suicide bombers....When the majority of them are very good people.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
January 4th, 2006 at 09:00am
What does this mean to pitbull owners here???? No more puppies, and no more imports. It's a "humane" way to eliminate yet another species. What does this mean in the big picture of things? For starters, one might wonder which breed will be next? Maybe German Shepherds will receive a bad reputation, or possibly Rottweilers. This just doesn't seem to be the way to go about this. A pitbull is not a gun, and even though humans customized them for fighting, they still deserve to exist

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't find one though. Please state your opinions on this!

the government wont just account for two dogs though becuase the government suck. they like to think on a 'larger scale'.and the 'humane' way of getting rid of a species... well me and my sisters boyfriend and my mom were talking about it last night. it's like the government are deliberately trying to wipe out things!!! i dont trust them... yep.
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 4th, 2006 at 03:15pm
Bloodraine:
You've got to look at each dog individally. On the one hand, you could have a completely docile and submissive pit bull who is gentle and a good pet, but then you could have some vicous snarling Labrador who attacks kids and bites everyone he is in contact with...Lumping all of these animals together in one category as being dangerous is not fair.

Its like banning all Iraqi people from Ontario because a very small minority of them are suicide bombers....When the majority of them are very good people.

thats what I said in my speech.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2006 at 03:19pm
Bloodraine:

thats what I said in my speech.

What, the bit about other dog breeds?
steady riot.
steady riot.
January 4th, 2006 at 03:24pm
No, the Iraqi people one.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2006 at 03:28pm
No, the Iraqi people one.

I can't see it? Shocked

Edit: I skim read it all, can't see it...It definately isn't there.
Register