Pitbulls BANNED in Ontario, Canada?

AuthorMessage
Verbatim.
King For A Couple Of Days
Verbatim.
January 1st, 2007 at 08:52pm
Joan Greenwood:
It was the kid's Uncle's dog. The grandmother got bitten and scratched trying to save the child.

Oh, okay. But still, the kid was killed no matter whose dog it was. It's sad that these dogs are banned at all really. Never a bad dog, always a bad owner.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2007 at 08:57pm
Dreamspace:
Funny I came across this. Just last night a little girl over here in England was mauled to death by her grandma's pit bull terrier. The girl was 5 years old.

It shouldn't have happened. Pit Bulls are banned over here under the dangerous dogs act anyway, so the dog should have been confiscated. it's also only just come out in the news that the dog's owner was warned about it's aggression just weeks before her granddaughter was killed by it.

That to me, is human ignorance. That woman has knowingly kept a vicious dog around small children, her own grandchildren.

Things like that really get me angry.

Not so.

The owner, believed to be Ellie's uncle, had been warned in June about the dog's behaviour.

If grandmother equates to uncle and a few weeks ago is the same as six months, then what you're saying is right, but they don't.
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
January 1st, 2007 at 09:05pm
Bloodraine:
Dreamspace:
Funny I came across this. Just last night a little girl over here in England was mauled to death by her grandma's pit bull terrier. The girl was 5 years old.

It shouldn't have happened. Pit Bulls are banned over here under the dangerous dogs act anyway, so the dog should have been confiscated. it's also only just come out in the news that the dog's owner was warned about it's aggression just weeks before her granddaughter was killed by it.

That to me, is human ignorance. That woman has knowingly kept a vicious dog around small children, her own grandchildren.

Not so.

The owner, believed to be Ellie's uncle, had been warned in June about the dog's behaviour.

If grandmother equates to uncle and a few weeks ago is the same as six months, then what you're saying is right, but they don't.

Okay, yeah sorry. It's 2am, i'm tired and I heard 5 minutes of the story on the news at teatime. Really sorry for not getting it totally perfect, i'm not the news reporter.

Story: Kid killed by pitbull. Owner was warned, no matter how long ago it was, they were still warned. The kid is dead. The dog is a banned breed, it could have been prevented.

Time spans and names aren't so significant.

Just thought it was relevant to this topic. I won't bother again.
hay lin
Idiot
hay lin
January 2nd, 2007 at 04:16am
ExtraodinaryGirl:
You can't ban a certian kind of pet just because some people train that kind of pet to attack. My aunt and uncle have and pitbull and he's the sweetest dog on earth. Banning pitbulls is stupid and kinda immoral and basically not really legal.

Smoking is more harmfull than a dog. Until they ban smoking, they can't outlaw pitbulls.

I agree.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2007 at 11:17am
Bloodraine:
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
But you punish them when it all happens and when a kid is already harmed. I was almost attacked by a dog once and if my dad wasn't their to get it away from me it would harm me. It was in a park where little kids play and the dog wasn't on a leash, but you aren't forbidden to walk dogs just nobody takes care if they are on a leash or not. I am terribly afraid of dogs since then and even the little ones scare the shit out of me when they bark an everything.

Well, murderers are sent to jail after their victim is dead, if there was no crime there would be no victim anyway. That kind of doesn't make sense, since nobody can tell the future.

Being on a lead is no guarantee a dog will not bite; a big enough dog can overpower an owner easily and a tranquil enough dog won't bite, lead or not.
The "dog eat dog" analogy is not just a saying, it works in the real world too, and dogs are predators who will seek prey. For that, they are punished by death. However, no human will ever be death sentenced for killing a dog. Thats besides the point.

Little dogs that bark are not harming, and I don't really see how you can make a case against them, would you outlaw all dogs?.
No, but owners have to take more care how to prevent their dog for harming somebody. I only hear owners get punished when a dog alredy harms a kid not before if the dog wasnt on a leash. I know the police have more important things to do then watch peoples dogs, but still.

A lead is not a guarantee, but what is then? How am I supposed to know if a dog will or will not attack me. There was a case that an old family dog, who never attacked anyone, just went mad one day and bit a little girl. Of course, it didnt happen without a reason, but it wasnt that the girl was annoying him, he just freaked out.

I just mentioned that because when that dog almost harmed me it left a mark on me and I am very scared of dogs and I wasnt even bit or anything. Of course I dont want dogs to be outlawed, that would be a pretty stupid thing to ask for.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 2nd, 2007 at 11:20am
pitbuls, rotweillers are bread to be vicous dogs, its a shame that these dogs will be banned over here in the uk,
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
January 2nd, 2007 at 01:08pm
Lucifers Angel:
pitbuls, rotweillers are bread to be vicous dogs, its a shame that these dogs will be banned over here in the uk,

Yeah, and I think it's sad that every prohibited dog over here is destroyed, whether it's violent or not. Every dog has the potential to be dangerous, I mean, a yorkshire terrier could kill someone.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2007 at 01:12pm
Dreamspace:

Yeah, and I think it's sad that every prohibited dog over here is destroyed, whether it's violent or not. Every dog has the potential to be dangerous, I mean, a yorkshire terrier could kill someone.
A Yorkie? lmfao

All dogs...hell...all animals - including us - have the potential to be little evil gnashers. Therefore, to be truly safe we would need to kill everyone.
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
January 2nd, 2007 at 01:15pm
Joan Greenwood:
Dreamspace:

A Yorkie? lmfao

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b0/JorkshireNamedNika.png/250px-JorkshireNamedNika.png

All dogs...hell...all animals - including us - have the potential to be little evil gnashers. Therefore, to be truly safe we would need to kill everyone.

Yes, look at it's bloodthirsty expression....I bet it pounced moments after that picture was taken and ripped it's 6ft 7" bouncer of an owner to shreads!!!11!!1111!!!!

Shifty
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2007 at 01:28pm
Dreamspace:
Joan Greenwood:
Dreamspace:

A Yorkie? lmfao

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b0/JorkshireNamedNika.png/250px-JorkshireNamedNika.png

Yes, look at it's bloodthirsty expression....I bet it pounced moments after that picture was taken and ripped it's 6ft 7" bouncer of an owner to shreads!!!11!!1111!!!!

Shifty
lmfao oh yeah. Don't forget those 101 Dalmations! They could have killed ol' Cruella.

lmfao.

But seriously, all dogs and all species can kill. I mean, if I was a cute little butterfly...I'd kill you all.

I know a big pitbull and it's up to my waist high and it is the most lazy and laidback dog I've ever met. Seriously. All it does it lie back and chill. It's even let my cat sleep on it.

No bad dog, bad owner.
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
January 3rd, 2007 at 03:23pm
I don't agree with banning a breed of dog compleatly. However, there should be restritions on who is allowed to keep them. What about having everyone thinking of owning one of these dogs being made to compleate some sort of handling course first?
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
January 10th, 2007 at 02:34am
Banning a particular breed of dog could be considered racist.

it would be like saying 'we are going to ban black people coz theyre all gun slinging criminals.'

Also, the dogs are inbred to be vicious, but there are some nice ones. if you can breed in a vicious streak, you can breed it out. Thats all you have to do, only breed together the gentle rotweilers or pitbulls or whatever; there you go problem solved

i agree with extraodinary girl too. but the government gets money from smokers, so theyre not going to ban it any time soon.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
rachi_left4deadx_x

Mibba
January 13th, 2007 at 04:11pm
That rule is stupid. It's not the dogs fault about the way they behave. its there nature. Not all of those dogs are unwell behaved.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2007 at 07:09pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
Banning a particular breed of dog could be considered racist.

it would be like saying 'we are going to ban black people coz theyre all gun slinging criminals.'

Also, the dogs are inbred to be vicious, but there are some nice ones. if you can breed in a vicious streak, you can breed it out. Thats all you have to do, only breed together the gentle rotweilers or pitbulls or whatever; there you go problem solved

i agree with extraodinary girl too. but the government gets money from smokers, so theyre not going to ban it any time soon.

They arent bred to be vicious, the way they were bred gave them very powerful jaws, making them capable of being vicious. They also have personality traits, that when certain conditions exist, they could be vicious. Without those conditions, without proper training (or abusing) they won't be. They are special dogs, they need special attention, but they aren't vicious man eating monsters.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 19th, 2007 at 06:07am
Bloodraine:
Dreamspace:

Not so.

the uncle still refuses to give up the dog, the dog however much it pains me to say it needs to be put to sleep, the police should arrest the uncle until he gives over the dog.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
January 21st, 2007 at 09:31am
Lucifers Angel:
Bloodraine:
Dreamspace:

Not so.

the uncle still refuses to give up the dog, the dog however much it pains me to say it needs to be put to sleep, the police should arrest the uncle until he gives over the dog.

the police shot the dog.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 21st, 2007 at 02:53pm
Lucifers Angel:

No they aren't, that's illegal. Pitbulls make great family dogs. After they have been bread, the owners make them that way.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
January 22nd, 2007 at 05:31pm
Kill the dogs, a childs life is far more important than an animals.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 22nd, 2007 at 09:11pm
Dom:
Would you also put down a horse who trampled a child to death?
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
January 23rd, 2007 at 12:52pm
Dom:

that was a nasty, small minded, specisest comment with no sensitivity for anyone elses opininon.
its people like you that make me wonder if there is any hope for the human race
Register