June 17th, 2006 at 12:25am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
My_Chemical_Emotions:
Magne:
My_Chemical_Emotions:
Magne:
RAGE N KEGS:
Yo!!! dude's you all need to chill down!! I drink, im fine,

having a glass or wine or lager with a meal (lager if you want to spoil a meal) is fine, but its not for me, some people will say "just the one" and then go on to have 4 or 6 glass and not be able to stop.

then its a self control problem, you choose to over drink, there are many sources of help you can reach out too. If you dont then i hate to be brutal but you live with the consequences.

its not has black and white has that though.

Well there are always circumstances, that dont make it so 'black and white' however, it really does boil down to self control. Its a choice to lift the glass to your mouth and drink. If you know you are prone ot abuse with drugs/drinking then stay away from it.
It isn't self control, they can't help it. Telling an alcoholic to control their drinking by themselves is like asking a scitzophrenic person to control their personalities, it isn't that simple, maybe you're the one who shouldnt make it so black and white Wink

i said in my first statement that there are groups AA etc that they can get help through. I personally think seeing a doctor/therapy or group meetings can be an excellent choice, but they have to want to and go to those groups. Comparing sctzophrenia and alcoholism is apples and oranges. Life is about choices, you make yours and you live with the consequences.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 17th, 2006 at 10:04am
My_Chemical_Emotions:
i said in my first statement that there are groups AA etc that they can get help through. I personally think seeing a doctor/therapy or group meetings can be an excellent choice, but they have to want to and go to those groups. Comparing sctzophrenia and alcoholism is apples and oranges. Life is about choices, you make yours and you live with the consequences.

Mmhmm. And when you are an alcoholic, prehaps you are so far caught, you cant go to a doctor/therapy or a group meeting.

People cant always just go and do things, its not that simple. Not everyone is like that, and when you're an alcoholic, your mind is very complex.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 17th, 2006 at 10:22am
Coff:
My_Chemical_Emotions:

Mmhmm. And when you are an alcoholic, prehaps you are so far caught, you cant go to a doctor/therapy or a group meeting.

People cant always just go and do things, its not that simple. Not everyone is like that, and when you're an alcoholic, your mind is very complex.
In alot of countries with low drinking ages, Rehab programs are extremely difficult to get into and are not all that effective either.
ren
Idiot
ren
June 17th, 2006 at 11:11am
Coff:
My_Chemical_Emotions:

My first reaction is that you are responisble for being so far caught. Second, the only person who can make the choice to go to see a dotcor/thearpist is you. You have to make the choice. If you dont then you live with the consquences. Life is hard, we all know that through our own experiences, and we make the choice to work through them just as an alcoholic does.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 17th, 2006 at 11:14am
My_Chemical_Emotions:
Coff:
My_Chemical_Emotions:

My first reaction is that you are responisble for being so far caught. Second, the only person who can make the choice to go to see a dotcor/thearpist is you. You have to make the choice. If you dont then you live with the consquences. Life is hard, we all know that through our own experiences, and we make the choice to work through them just as an alcoholic does.
I take it you have never had an alcohol addiction or know what it's like, You can't deny human physcology, it isn't only their fault. You don't just become an alcoholic overnight, it's not that simple. Once your addicted, you making it sound like they can just go "opps, look what I did, time to quit" It doesnt work like that, at all.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 17th, 2006 at 11:39am
Yeah, thats true. Its not a descision you can just make if you're an alcoholic.

This is to all those kids who drink to get drunk every weekend.

My friend just went to hospital, because of alcohol poisoning. She is just like you. Every time I see her, actually, she is talking about the next time she is going to get drunk. I catch the train with her, and her friends, and they all plan it and so on.

Yeah, she went to hospital last night because of alcohol poisoning. I know this probably won't stop you, but think about it. Her parents are now aware of what she does. She will not be trusted for a very long time. She will not be allowed to do anything. This will result in fights with her parents, many many fights, leading to her hating her parents.

Her friends will also have their parents told. They will not be trusted. Her friends may even be i ntrouble with the police.

Mmhmm. Its not cool to drink. You just look like an idiot, a fool. And if you think nothing can happen, well, so did my friend.
ren
Idiot
ren
June 17th, 2006 at 03:27pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
My_Chemical_Emotions:
Coff:
My_Chemical_Emotions:

I take it you have never had an alcohol addiction or know what it's like, You can't deny human physcology, it isn't only their fault. You don't just become an alcoholic overnight, it's not that simple. Once your addicted, you making it sound like they can just go "opps, look what I did, time to quit" It doesnt work like that, at all.

i in no way intended to sound that way. Alcoholism is a big problem and has many contrbuting factors, however you need to want to make the change. Some people can make it right away, some cant. But however long it takes you its ultimtely your choice to make. Ive struggled with other addictions, and i dont think i need to go further explaining, its hard to break an addiction, yes, but its possible.
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
June 17th, 2006 at 03:41pm
The worst thing in the world is watching someone destroying themselves and feeling powerless to help them? What do you say to a sixteen year old alcoholic?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 17th, 2006 at 03:43pm
international_idiot:
The worst thing in the world is watching someone destroying themselves and feeling powerless to help them? What do you say to a sixteen year old alcoholic?
You're killing yourself slowly and get them in rehab.
Peter Petrelli
Peter Petrelli
June 17th, 2006 at 04:29pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
international_idiot:

He's heard it all before and doesn't take me seriously. I love him.
AshlinnR
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
AshlinnR
June 17th, 2006 at 09:27pm
international_idiot:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
international_idiot:

i think they need to wake up to themselves and what they are doing.
you cant stop someoen from doing something if they have an addiction, they need to have the will power to stop
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 04:30am
ashlinn.___:
international_idiot:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
international_idiot:

i think they need to wake up to themselves and what they are doing.
you cant stop someoen from doing something if they have an addiction, they need to have the will power to stop

arrange with a clinic to have him walk around and see the damage he is doing to himself, watch the people go in and out of hospitals who have been beaten up or fallen over all because they are drunk and say to him you are danger of becomming that person, it may seem harse but to a certain degree you need to be harsh
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 08:58am
Trunks <3:
Coff:

My friend just went to hospital, because of alcohol poisoning. She is just like you. Every time I see her, actually, she is talking about the next time she is going to get drunk. I catch the train with her, and her friends, and they all plan it and so on.

Yeah, she went to hospital last night because of alcohol poisoning. I know this probably won't stop you, but think about it. Her parents are now aware of what she does. She will not be trusted for a very long time. She will not be allowed to do anything. This will result in fights with her parents, many many fights, leading to her hating her parents.

Her friends will also have their parents told. They will not be trusted. Her friends may even be i ntrouble with the police.

Mmhmm. Its not cool to drink. You just look like an idiot, a fool. And if you think nothing can happen, well, so did my friend.

well i get drunk almost every weekend and me and all my drinking buddies plan it out, but it doesnt even matter if we get caught because in our town most adults are alco's and you only get a warning the first time and they dont even care, ive been drunk at heaps of parties since i was 14 and the cops have showed up so many times and not even cared. You have to drink alot to egt alcohol poisening anyway and usually you pass out before then anyway. Im not saying getting drunk is cool or anything. I just enjoy getting drunk and the feeling that it gives me, i like losing my inhibitions. It so much easier to meet people when you are smashed (in my opinion) and we dont reallly do anything too stupid cos we organise someone who is going to drive/ stay sober and check noone is doing anything dumb. And i know some poeple are thinking "omg that girl is far too young blah blah blah" im only 3 years under age, everyone else gets drunk, noone really cares when we get drunk anyway, its kind of an expectation in my town anyway.

alcohol poisening is what you get when you have an hangover, that is what i was told by my Dr anyway. As soon has you vomit because you have drunk to much that is also alchohol poisoning
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 09:13am
Trunks <3:
Magne:
Trunks <3:
Coff:

well i get drunk almost every weekend and me and all my drinking buddies plan it out, but it doesnt even matter if we get caught because in our town most adults are alco's and you only get a warning the first time and they dont even care, ive been drunk at heaps of parties since i was 14 and the cops have showed up so many times and not even cared. You have to drink alot to egt alcohol poisening anyway and usually you pass out before then anyway. Im not saying getting drunk is cool or anything. I just enjoy getting drunk and the feeling that it gives me, i like losing my inhibitions. It so much easier to meet people when you are smashed (in my opinion) and we dont reallly do anything too stupid cos we organise someone who is going to drive/ stay sober and check noone is doing anything dumb. And i know some poeple are thinking "omg that girl is far too young blah blah blah" im only 3 years under age, everyone else gets drunk, noone really cares when we get drunk anyway, its kind of an expectation in my town anyway.

alcohol poisening is what you get when you have an hangover, that is what i was told by my Dr anyway. As soon has you vomit because you have drunk to much that is also alchohol poisoning

are you being serious? haveing a hangover? wow. i never spew up when i drink. i dont know why. i just pass out if ive drunken too much. Unless im skulling vodka or somethign that tastes really rank, then ima spew. but usually we dont stopo drinking till 3 and we are still drunkish next day when we go down town or whatever

i gave up drinking a while ago and i just look at it and it makes me want to vomit, i hate the smell,
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 09:19am
Trunks <3:
Magne:
Trunks <3:
Magne:
Trunks <3:
Coff:

are you being serious? haveing a hangover? wow. i never spew up when i drink. i dont know why. i just pass out if ive drunken too much. Unless im skulling vodka or somethign that tastes really rank, then ima spew. but usually we dont stopo drinking till 3 and we are still drunkish next day when we go down town or whatever

i gave up drinking a while ago and i just look at it and it makes me want to vomit, i hate the smell,

[b]it makes me feel like i have no control when i smoke
[/b]

perhaps loosing controle isnt a good thing.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 09:24am
Trunks <3:
^ no its not, i dont liek losing control.
when i used to smoke pot all the time i felt so detached from real life. I dont wanna lose reality again

good i need to have total control of what i am doing and where i am, i need to know that i can walk away when i need to.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 09:27am
Trunks <3:
Magne:
Trunks <3:
^ no its not, i dont liek losing control.
when i used to smoke pot all the time i felt so detached from real life. I dont wanna lose reality again

good i need to have total control of what i am doing and where i am, i need to know that i can walk away when i need to.

yeah, but sometimes its so hard to walk away.

yeah i know from expierince how hard it can get.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 29th, 2006 at 04:16am
Sugah Faerie:
I cant wait for the holidays. then there will be parties all the time Very Happy
The biggest alcoholic in my town sold his house and car to go to New Zealand for a holiday

what an idiot he is then, he has to come home and have no house to live in. Laughing
Magz;
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Magz;
June 29th, 2006 at 10:41am
If someone has problems and want to forget it by drinking alcohol, is wrong. He probably get adicted and get more problems, with his body for example. And when you go to a party, of course you wanna drink something with alcohol, but you don't need alcohol for having fun.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
June 29th, 2006 at 11:06am
I got to a stage where i was drinking almost everynight and i thought Smirnoff was my best friend! That is not a good place to be, i was wrecking my body, teamed with the fact that i wasnt eating, i was in an and out of hospital.... Now, i still drink but not nearly as often and i try and stay away from Vodka! I made the excuse that i am young and i was enjoying myself, that was until the next morning and i felt like shit.
Register