AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 14th, 2008 at 08:30am
Kurtni:
NeoSteph:
If you have acces to panaroma anji I suggest checking out the scientology special which shows how completely immoral and jaded it is and its not even about tom cruise. It really is a thought provoking special the presenter and one point was nearly driven mad by one of the executives of the scientology estate because he was being tapped and followed by them.
I don't think it's fair to call scientology immoral. It might not match up to your morals, but it is perfectly moral to someone else.

Personally, I think it's a load of crap Coolio but then again I'm sure there is someone who would like to kick my face off for thinking that way. Such as tom cruise lmfao

I'm not calling their belief immoral who knows we could have all sprouted from giant oysters under the sea Shifty

But their organisation is immoral. How they segregate new followers from their family, if a person tries to leave they use blackmail and private information that they have taken on them to silence them from speaking out. How when reporters try to discuss the rather weird points on scientology they use everything they can to inflict fear into them and how they get away with because they are endorsed by millions and millions of dollars because of some num nut celebrity's

it's a fecking cult and nobody wants to point at the elephant in the room.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 14th, 2008 at 11:00am
Does anyone here believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? :shifty Seriously. Its a real...uh...anti-religion? Just asking.

And as for Scientology...I have a question, which I suppose could apply to all religions. Some science-fiction writer pretty much pulled Xenu and this whole big story with a volcano out of nowhere and all these people believe it. My question is how? I mean....I guess most religions evolve. I'm sure it took Jesus quite a while to make people believe he wasn't just some bum trying to show off.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 15th, 2008 at 05:57am
lyrical_mess:
Does anyone here believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? :shifty Seriously. Its a real...uh...anti-religion? Just asking.

And as for Scientology...I have a question, which I suppose could apply to all religions. Some science-fiction writer pretty much pulled Xenu and this whole big story with a volcano out of nowhere and all these people believe it. My question is how? I mean....I guess most religions evolve. I'm sure it took Jesus quite a while to make people believe he wasn't just some bum trying to show off.
This is where the theory that Jesus was a political icon as well as a groovy, hippie person comes in. I mean, I don't know much about 26 C.E., but you wouldn't get much notice by telling everyone to you know, chill and be groovy. Peace out, etc. Some people believe that as Jesus rode on the mule into Nazareth, he was creating a stir by satirising the politicians who used to ride into the city on their horses on a path of palm leaves. This caused people to look up to what would be an equivalent to the 'working class hero' and from which, he started to gain followers and preach.
Register