Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 9th, 2006 at 04:57pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:
here is a good example of a social worker:
My Aunt is training to be a social worker but she doesnt even bother to visit her two disabled nieces.
We havn't seen her for years.

And?

Personal life and work are two totally separate things. My Mum might do things you don't approve of in her own time...Does that stop her from doing a great job at work? does it 'eck.

Hitler and Stalin did terrible things in the world, but were great with their wifes etc.
Kennedy and Martin Luther King did great things in the world, but were terrible adulterers and so on.

Actually stalin was an adulterer and beat his wife, Hitler was into Sado-Masochism, just wanted to point that out.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 9th, 2006 at 05:00pm
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:
My Aunt is training to be a social worker but she doesnt even bother to visit her two disabled nieces.

And?

Personal life and work are two totally separate things. My Mum might do things you don't approve of in her own time...Does that stop her from doing a great job at work? does it 'eck.

Hitler and Stalin did terrible things in the world, but were great with their wifes etc.
Kennedy and Martin Luther King did great things in the world, but were terrible adulterers and so on.

Actually stalin was an adulterer and beat his wife, Hitler was into Sado-Masochism, just wanted to point that out.

The history department says he wasn't. Confused (Stalin that is)
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 9th, 2006 at 05:03pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:

And?

the beatings is only based on secondary evidence from oppostion to stalin, so it's unfounded.

But he used to attend brothels, but to an extent adultry was legal for awhile in Russian i believe.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 9th, 2006 at 05:07pm
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:

And?

the beatings is only based on secondary evidence from oppostion to stalin, so it's unfounded.

But he used to attend brothels, but to an extent adultry was legal for awhile in Russian i believe.

I bet it was only legal for men though?
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 9th, 2006 at 05:10pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:

And?

through the courts boths side were quite equal. but men had the right to punish the wives in what way they saw fit.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 20th, 2006 at 03:19pm
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:

And?

through the courts boths side were quite equal. but men had the right to punish the wives in what way they saw fit.

and hitler did shoot his wife and kids before he commited suicide, he even shot his dog!
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2006 at 03:35pm
ok Hitler didn't have any children, and he didn't shoot Ava, they both took their own lives the kids you might be mixing up with are the children of the leader of the ss, the braume children I believe.

but anyway back on topic, no more talking about Hitler or the police force.
Anneka-Rice
Geek
Anneka-Rice

Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 08:36am
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:

And?

The point is that she obviously doesnt care. Could you work for AA and be a alcoholic yourself? You cant have power over the way people look after, in my situation, disabled kids if you cant be bothered yourself.
Kitti
Kitti
June 23rd, 2006 at 08:53am
N i n j a x D i n o s a w:
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:

And?

The point is that she obviously doesnt care. Could you work for AA and be a alcoholic yourself? You cant have power over the way people look after, in my situation, disabled kids if you cant be bothered yourself.
Actually, AA is a volunteer service, and most people leading support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous were alcoholics themselves or are recovering from it themselves. But bad example aside...

There could be a lot of reasons she doesn't visit, not that she doesn't care. You're trying to make a human situation black and white, the lines aren't so clear. Maybe it's because she works so hard and so much. Maybe she doesn't have the time, doesn't have the energy.

Additionally, you judged an entire group of people based on one incident you dislike. That's hardly fair. Obviously every social worker is not a bad, uncaring person.
Imagine this for a second. You're in a highschool and you fall down a flight of stairs. The first person you see with blue hair doesn't offer to help you up as they race up the stairs.
Now imagine there's another person with blue hair coming up the stairs.
Do you assume that they would also not help you up?
Do you assume that the first person does not care or is irresponsible because they didn't help you?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:08am
Kitti:
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:

And?

Actually, AA is a volunteer service, and most people leading support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous were alcoholics themselves or are recovering from it themselves. But bad example aside...

There could be a lot of reasons she doesn't visit, not that she doesn't care. You're trying to make a human situation black and white, the lines aren't so clear. Maybe it's because she works so hard and so much. Maybe she doesn't have the time, doesn't have the energy.

Additionally, you judged an entire group of people based on one incident you dislike. That's hardly fair. Obviously every social worker is not a bad, uncaring person.
Imagine this for a second. You're in a highschool and you fall down a flight of stairs. The first person you see with blue hair doesn't offer to help you up as they race up the stairs.
Do you assume that the first person does not care or is irresponsible because they didn't help you?

Raspa I have blue Hair, I'd help you Laughing

But thats a good point, people can be extremely judgemental and classify people they havnt even met.It's really hard to help someone when right from the start, they dont think that you care.
Anneka-Rice
Geek
Anneka-Rice

Blog
June 26th, 2006 at 05:47am
Kitti:
Bloodraine:
Freakish-Delight:

And?

No, my family drink and smoke alot. Tell me how she'll make a brilliant social worker? I think you're judging because you dont know me, my family, or social workers. I never once said social workers were bad, uncaring people. I just said they're crap at what they do. Most profesionals are, i.e physios, doctors etc. They think 'cause they've been trained that they know all but how the fuck can they think that when most of them have never been in the position to know?
Anneka-Rice
Geek
Anneka-Rice

Blog
June 26th, 2006 at 05:49am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
It's really hard to help someone when right from the start, they dont think that you care.
Right from the start?!
Kitti
Kitti
June 26th, 2006 at 08:37am

No, my family drink and smoke alot. Tell me how she'll make a brilliant social worker? I think you're judging because you dont know me, my family, or social workers. I never once said social workers were bad, uncaring people. I just said they're crap at what they do. Most profesionals are, i.e physios, doctors etc. They think 'cause they've been trained that they know all but how the fuck can they think that when most of them have never been in the position to know?

Freakish-Delight:

Okay. Then your aunt would be a terrible social worker. Fine. I'm inclined to disagree, but your family's problems are none of my business and your aunt is someone I will never meet. So I'll reserve judgement.

But here's the thing. You wouldn't want to recieve medical attention from an untrained doctor who had had the same medical condition. You would go to a doctor who was trained, whether they experienced what you had or not. Why? Because they've been trained to do that. I've met many, many doctors, my friend. They don't pretend to hold the secrets of the universe. They do their jobs, and they aren't always right, but that's okay because they're only human.
Social workers are the same. Occupational therapists are the same.

You can't expect people to be perfect. And imagine--social workers are trying to help people who are either looking for the worst in them or expecting perfection. How do you help someone who doesn't allow you your humanity, your mistakes?
Anneka-Rice
Geek
Anneka-Rice

Blog
June 27th, 2006 at 06:02am
Kitti:

Freakish-Delight:

Okay. Then your aunt would be a terrible social worker. Fine. I'm inclined to disagree, but your family's problems are none of my business and your aunt is someone I will never meet. So I'll reserve judgement.

But here's the thing. You wouldn't want to recieve medical attention from an untrained doctor who had had the same medical condition. You would go to a doctor who was trained, whether they experienced what you had or not. Why? Because they've been trained to do that. I've met many, many doctors, my friend. They don't pretend to hold the secrets of the universe. They do their jobs, and they aren't always right, but that's okay because they're only human.
Social workers are the same. Occupational therapists are the same.

You can't expect people to be perfect. And imagine--social workers are trying to help people who are either looking for the worst in them or expecting perfection. How do you help someone who doesn't allow you your humanity, your mistakes?
I dont think you understand. When you're in that position you cant make fatal mistakes.
Kitti
Kitti
June 27th, 2006 at 08:48am
I dont think you understand. When you're in that position you cant make fatal mistakes.
Then I guess you're screwed, your standards are too high. You expect more from a human than is humanly possible to live up to. Humans will always disappoint you. And because you too are only human, you will probably disappoint yourself. Perhaps then you will stop resenting the people who have probably already saved your life more than once.

Do you think these people are unaware that they have human lives in their hands? Hardly. They don't intentionally make mistakes. Things happen. That's life. People die. It HAPPENS. You can resent the doctors that were there. You can resent the people who couldn't quite do a good enough job. But at the end of the day, doctors, social workers, therapists save and improve countless lives. They do one of the most stressful jobs in existence, having people's lives in their hands, under their jurisdiction, or on their operating tables. Could you do that job? Because I certainly couldn't. Even with the proper skills, my nerves would be totally shot before a day was through.
Lor
Geek
Lor

Blog
July 3rd, 2006 at 01:37am
It was in like 1990 though. The rules wern't quite as strict then.
But one day, for all the families, a load of police and social workers barged straight into their house, and took the kids straight off to be interviewed. Just...took them.[/quote]

That last line just reminded me of WII, and the Gestapo. I still don't see why people think they have to just violate others rights by #1 Entering their house sans permit and #2 Hijacking their children without a permit, court order or complete reason. What a horror the human race is.
Register