Tv programmes.

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 21st, 2006 at 10:41am
PanicOfBeliever:
Yes they speak of these murders linked to videogames but what were the subjects like? Not normal children as you'll find but retarded children with mental problems. =P[/b]

Excuse me??

Children with mental problems are not retarded.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 21st, 2006 at 12:11pm
If you wish to get into nitty gritty of defination, no they are not. However, Generally speaking they fall under that defination, as they are mentally disabled and unable to think like a normal person.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 21st, 2006 at 01:42pm
PanicOfBeliever:
If you wish to get into nitty gritty of defination, no they are not. However, Generally speaking they fall under that defination, as they are mentally disabled and unable to think like a normal person.

Wow. That's conformism on a new level.
Everyone has their genius. Ever spoken to someone with autism? If they're willing to speak to you...they see the world in a different way. Sometimes quite brilliantly.
So what is normal? No one is normal by some one else's standards. "Normal" isn't a legitimate argument, really, because it's relative. THIS topic is not, in fact, about a person's intellect, how they think, and whether or not they are stupid. Rather, it addresses (if I remember correctly) violence in television.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 21st, 2006 at 01:45pm
Yes the topic matter athand is violence in television and how it influences people. What i state is that children who are metally disabled are prone to this and this so far are the only children that have been reported on inthe media cases. Therefore its a valid discussion matter.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 21st, 2006 at 01:49pm
PanicOfBeliever:
Yes the topic matter athand is violence in television and how it influences people. What i state is that children who are metally disabled are prone to this and this so far are the only children that have been reported on inthe media cases. Therefore its a valid discussion matter.

That just plain isn't true.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 21st, 2006 at 01:51pm
PanicOfBeliever:
So what you're saying is that Special Ed kids are more likely to commit acts of violence and murder because of violence in the media.

To use your favorite word, that's RETARDED. Mostly because every special ed kid in my school is pretty much unable to walk around with out supervision, but also because...it just makes such little sense.
Kitti
Kitti
January 21st, 2006 at 01:53pm
Bloodraine:
PanicOfBeliever:

That just plain isn't true.

Children are prone to media saturation, adults are prone to media saturation. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY.
Do some research.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
January 21st, 2006 at 05:34pm
is it art imitating life or life imitating art?
That_whore_called*Barbie*
Geek
That_whore_called*Barbie*
January 22nd, 2006 at 09:31am
auh-buh-cuh-s:
is it art imitating life or life imitating art?
good question....random though........... Confused i think people say art imitates life because the art was painted after/during life if you get what i mean, but actually our lives are influenced by art, which kinda brings us back to the topic of TV influencing violence Cool
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
January 22nd, 2006 at 12:23pm
PanicOfBeliever:
Yes they speak of these murders linked to videogames but what were the subjects like? Not normal children as you'll find but retarded children with mental problems. =P[/b]
FUCK. YOU. You don't deserve to be a member of this site.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 22nd, 2006 at 12:27pm
I'm torn...on one hand, I'd like to ask NeoSteph to BLAM this motherfucker...on the other, I'm going to have a lot of fun cutting Panic down.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2006 at 12:30pm
dirtyhippie:
I'm torn...on one hand, I'd like to ask NeoSteph to BLAM this motherfucker...on the other, I'm going to have a lot of fun cutting Panic down.

I am also faced with that dilemma. Whereas he is entitled to state his opnion, these opinions are veering on the point of breaking the rules, which could get the messageboard taken down.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
January 22nd, 2006 at 12:39pm
Blam the bitch.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 22nd, 2006 at 12:47pm
PanicOfBeliever:

Fuck you. I have a friend who is mentally disabled. She is not fucking retarded she just thinks a bit differently. She is also a hell of lot smarter than you.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 22nd, 2006 at 02:24pm
The children i refer to as in special ed, are people with autism, etc. Because they see life in a different way to the norm they are more likly to be affected by such things.

For example in the Book "The curious incident of the dog in the night-time" where the child could not cope with the advertisments, and was liable to being violent. That sort of child is more likely to be affected.

And this time I will as suggested not respond to the Churlish insults.

Peace out.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
January 22nd, 2006 at 03:00pm
No, not necessarily.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2006 at 03:22pm
PanicOfBeliever:
The children i refer to as in special ed, are people with autism, etc. Because they see life in a different way to the norm they are more likly to be affected by such things.

For example in the Book "The curious incident of the dog in the night-time" where the child could not cope with the advertisments, and was liable to being violent. That sort of child is more likely to be affected.

Peace out.

Kids with Autism.

Oh, how great it is to write them all off as dangerous, psychopathic, incapable-of-thinking human beings.

No. I personally know a boy with Asperger's Syndrome. Mathematically, he is nothing short of genius. Treat each case as an individual. Just because one book portrays one kid this way, doesn't mean they all are.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 22nd, 2006 at 03:23pm
Did I say they were? I merely said they were more likely to be affected.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 22nd, 2006 at 03:24pm
Bloodraine:
PanicOfBeliever:

Peace out.

Kids with Autism.

Oh, how great it is to write them all off as dangerous, psychopathic, incapable-of-thinking human beings.

No. I personally know a boy with Asperger's Syndrome. Mathematically, he is nothing short of genius. Treat each case as an individual. Just because one book portrays one kid this way, doesn't mean they all are.

OMG I know someone with Aspergers!!
And he is fucking A.M.A.Z.I.N.G at History. He's crap with talking to people, but hell, he is SO intelligent!
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
January 22nd, 2006 at 03:27pm
PanicOfBeliever:
Did I say they were? I merely said they were more likely to be affected.
Oh so you know? You're an expert? You've trawled through pages of research?
Register