Are you afraid of the future?

AuthorMessage
Mikelvr
King For A Couple Of Days
Mikelvr
January 24th, 2006 at 04:14pm
I try to take it as it comes.
But I'm worshiping Greenpeace.
We have to be more cautious about what we have.
babybasketcase
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
babybasketcase
January 24th, 2006 at 09:17pm
Thanks guys for the encouragement....
Bexxual
Idiot
Bexxual
January 25th, 2006 at 11:22am
I'm scared, mainly of death what will happen when we die? What will I do when I lose my family?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 25th, 2006 at 12:12pm
life is for living and npt worried about evry single day, life each day as if its your last because one day it will be.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 25th, 2006 at 12:17pm
tre_cool_is_god:
life is for living and npt worried about evry single day, life each day as if its your last because one day it will be.

Of course. My realization of that doesn't make me fear that day. Rather, I always try to say exactly what I mean, and leave people on a positive note. You never know. A few days ago a sixteen year old girl died because of a car crash. There was a huge storm, it was icy. She was sliding around on the road, my grandfather hit the side of the car with his truck. He couldn't avoid it.
You never never know.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 25th, 2006 at 12:32pm
paradoxical:
tre_cool_is_god:

Of course. My realization of that doesn't make me fear that day. Rather, I always try to say exactly what I mean, and leave people on a positive note. You never know. A few days ago a sixteen year old girl died because of a car crash. There was a huge storm, it was icy. She was sliding around on the road, my grandfather hit the side of the car with his truck. He couldn't avoid it.
You never never know.

i know, my cousion who was only 35 had a big heart attack and he died and we had just got back home from seeing him when we had the call. so yep you never never know.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
January 25th, 2006 at 02:34pm
I'm just afraid of unwanted pain.

Anything else will be juuuuust fiiiiiine...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 25th, 2006 at 02:42pm
TheFaggot:

well people live in pain all the time! people die under operations and they are given warnings that whenever you get put to sleep there is a chance however small that you may not wake up again, that is what scares me the most, having just had a big operation and was in hospital for nearly a week.
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 25th, 2006 at 02:43pm
im not afraid of the future. My rule in life is : always be pessimistic(sp?) that way when someting good happens it makes it seem that much better, but when something bad happens you dont mind as much because you were counting on it happening all along. thats how i live. you never let down that way.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
January 25th, 2006 at 02:44pm
tre_cool_is_god:
TheFaggot:

well people live in pain all the time! people die under operations and they are given warnings that whenever you get put to sleep there is a chance however small that you may not wake up again, that is what scares me the most, having just had a big operation and was in hospital for nearly a week.
I didn't say that I'm not afraid of the future...

(hint)
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 25th, 2006 at 02:45pm
tre_cool_is_god:
TheFaggot:

wow. thats sucks. and its understandable but you have to be ready for those kind of things (not wakeing up)
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 25th, 2006 at 02:48pm
GreenDayislife:
tre_cool_is_god:
TheFaggot:

wow. thats sucks. and its understandable but you have to be ready for those kind of things (not wakeing up)

this may be macarbe but when i found out that i was due to have my operation i made all sorts of plans like funeral and what frineds and family i want there. So yes i guess i got myself ready.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 25th, 2006 at 02:50pm
GreenDayislife:
im not afraid of the future. My rule in life is : always be pessimistic(sp?) that way when someting good happens it makes it seem that much better, but when something bad happens you dont mind as much because you were counting on it happening all along. thats how i live. you never let down that way.

Effective, I'll give you that. But having lived that way for a long time now, I must say that it is a terrible way to live. I finally learned to put some faith in people, and give good things a chance to happen. Yeah, I'm disappointed a lot. Sometimes devastatingly so. But I'm also at peace with myself.
Happiness is an emotion you literally radiate sometimes. It's contagious. When you give that to people, they give it back.
Seriously. I smiled and was polite to a couple Johovah's witnesses today. I didn't let them in my house. I didn't take their pamphlet. But they still walked away with smiles on their faces too.
Pessimism doesn't really get you anywhere in the long run.
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 25th, 2006 at 03:05pm
paradoxical:
GreenDayislife:

Effective, I'll give you that. But having lived that way for a long time now, I must say that it is a terrible way to live. I finally learned to put some faith in people, and give good things a chance to happen. Yeah, I'm disappointed a lot. Sometimes devastatingly so. But I'm also at peace with myself.
Happiness is an emotion you literally radiate sometimes. It's contagious. When you give that to people, they give it back.
Seriously. I smiled and was polite to a couple Johovah's witnesses today. I didn't let them in my house. I didn't take their pamphlet. But they still walked away with smiles on their faces too.
Pessimism doesn't really get you anywhere in the long run.

just because i said i was pessimistic dosent mean im not happy. im happy because im pessimistic if that makes any sence at all. there have been a lot of times in my life where i was so sure something great was going to happen then when it didnt i was devistated and i blamed what happened on other people eventhough it was only partialy their fault.

and i do have some faith in people. alot of what im pessimistic about are little things like assuming im going to fail a test or that my team will loose our race, things like that.

basicly what im saying is in general i am a happy person. pesimism doesent make me angery or depressed. its just a psychological thing for me. i use mind sets to solve or get over my problems if you know what i mean.
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 25th, 2006 at 03:07pm
tre_cool_is_god:
GreenDayislife:
tre_cool_is_god:
TheFaggot:

this may be macarbe but when i found out that i was due to have my operation i made all sorts of plans like funeral and what frineds and family i want there. So yes i guess i got myself ready.

i already have my funeral planned out and i have no reason to, that i know of. i know who i want, what songs i want, what i want to wear etc. i even have different senarios depending on how old i am when i die..
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
January 25th, 2006 at 04:42pm
We will all eventually die...

There will be ones who will weep, cry.. grieve..

But they'll die too.

So what if the future's bad? We'll die.
GreenDayislife
Idiot
GreenDayislife
January 25th, 2006 at 09:21pm
*Blue Star*-I Can Eat You:
We will all eventually die...

There will be ones who will weep, cry.. grieve..

But they'll die too.

So what if the future's bad? We'll die.

pretty gloomy but very true. i guess i can say anything because i was the one who said being pessimistic is good which it is
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
January 26th, 2006 at 06:58am
Capri:
Yes, I am.
But it'd be stupid to stay afraid for long. Like it or not, the future will happen. Might as well sit back and enjoy the now while it lasted. Besides, there should be some good stuff ahead, too.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 26th, 2006 at 08:11am
"Life is its own terminal disease..."

Geez, everybody! Whatever happened to "Don't worry, be happy"? Don't be pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 26th, 2006 at 08:53am
GreenDayislife:
tre_cool_is_god:
GreenDayislife:
tre_cool_is_god:
TheFaggot:

i already have my funeral planned out and i have no reason to, that i know of. i know who i want, what songs i want, what i want to wear etc. i even have different senarios depending on how old i am when i die..

My funeral is already sorted out financialy, i know what songs i want played and i know where i WILL be buried. And i have even made a will, i believe that its best to be ready because you never know where and when you'll die.
Register