''Freedom has its limits''

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2006 at 09:25am
belgian idiot:
there realy is no one to blame in this other than the mudlimd for beeing abit hipocrit about these sort of thing theyre realy are just using this to send a message to the world that they are misstreaded in there own country do to bad leadership but isent the same evry where ?

The who now?

I don't know if anyone saw the news last night; but I did. I saw this little lad holding up a sign that said; 'Islam means peace!'. It was almost heartwarming. At least most Muslims haven't over reacted to this cartoon.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 12th, 2006 at 10:56am
Bloodraine:
belgian idiot:
there realy is no one to blame in this other than the mudlimd for beeing abit hipocrit about these sort of thing theyre realy are just using this to send a message to the world that they are misstreaded in there own country do to bad leadership but isent the same evry where ?

The who now?

I don't know if anyone saw the news last night; but I did. I saw this little lad holding up a sign that said; 'Islam means peace!'. It was almost heartwarming. At least most Muslims haven't over reacted to this cartoon.

yeah the protest that was on the newslast night was peacefull and they organised it properly, there were no banners saying behead the one who drew the cartoons and also there was no banner saying islam is peace europe is the cancer, peaceful protests i have no problems with, its when they go and burn down houses and embassies.
but also they want to limit freedom of speach which is called limitation of speach but because we wont know what is wrong or right to say they will have the limit set high and there will come a time when we will not be able to say anything against islam and its followers. Do we all really want to live in a country where we shouldnt say anything because you might upset people. I know that i dont.

the muslims who have reacted to the cartoons are the ones who will readily cause trouble when wherever they like to.
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
February 12th, 2006 at 04:33pm
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
[QUOTE="IYes, but the French and Norwegians are fucking pushing it if you ask me.

why???
Well, yeah, they have the right to free speech, but when you see the damage and hurt that has happened because of this cartoon then it's just pushing it to re-release it. More and more innocent people are going to get hurt.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2006 at 04:52pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
Well, yeah, they have the right to free speech, but when you see the damage and hurt that has happened because of this cartoon then it's just pushing it to re-release it. More and more innocent people are going to get hurt.

If anyone will get hurt, per se, it will be the cartoonists/publishers of the cartoon who will be harmed. So it's really their own choice.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 05:30am
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

If anyone will get hurt, per se, it will be the cartoonists/publishers of the cartoon who will be harmed. So it's really their own choice.
People have been hurt. Protesting Muslims have been killed. And what if the next time they burn down an embassy, there's someone in there?
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 07:04am
xAiffoXKorrx:
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

People have been hurt. Protesting Muslims have been killed. And what if the next time they burn down an embassy, there's someone in there?

also mutliple death threats and attempts of murder have been made on the dutch abroad in indonesia particularly.
die gozer
Idiot
die gozer
February 13th, 2006 at 07:08am
if they do that than the persons responsable need to be punished burning down buildings is not right not over some cartoons and +people dont need to look to them cartoons if they dont want to turning your head away from tv or magazine is very easy even muslims can do that so realy there is no point in there protest evrybody should have the right to make fun about annything at all i mean if i said i met muslim today with a bom under his hat and said that i gave him a kick in the ass people would find funny axept for muslims they would be offended because i said the word muslim i mean they laugf at us to no ?this whole thing is takin out off context by the muslim leaders and is realy just away of beeing notist in the world it keeps them of driving airplane into large buidings and further more there is no need at pointing fingers to annyone evry western country is to blame for producing this stereotype of the muslims especialy america theyhave bin triying to scary there own people with this stereotype and i think its just spreading to europe aswell .
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 08:28am
belgian idiot:
if they do that than the persons responsable need to be punished burning down buildings is not right not over some cartoons and +people dont need to look to them cartoons if they dont want to turning your head away from tv or magazine is very easy even muslims can do that so realy there is no point in there protest evrybody should have the right to make fun about annything at all i mean if i said i met muslim today with a bom under his hat and said that i gave him a kick in the ass people would find funny axept for muslims they would be offended because i said the word muslim i mean they laugf at us to no ?this whole thing is takin out off context by the muslim leaders and is realy just away of beeing notist in the world it keeps them of driving airplane into large buidings and further more there is no need at pointing fingers to annyone evry western country is to blame for producing this stereotype of the muslims especialy america theyhave bin triying to scary there own people with this stereotype and i think its just spreading to europe aswell .
Every human has the right to protest. And if you're going to write such long posts, use punctuation.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 09:34am
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
[QUOTE="IYes, but the French and Norwegians are fucking pushing it if you ask me.

why???

oh please, the people who are protesting violently to these cartoons are just making the drawer of them right in what they were saying.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 11:22am
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

why???

oh please, the people who are protesting violently to these cartoons are just making the drawer of them right in what they were saying.
So they deserve to die? How does that work?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 11:28am
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

why???

no nobody deserves to die but the public also have a right to see what has gone on with these drawings, also if the muslims hadnt made such a fuss then there wouldnt be 1000's of people searching for these pictures on the internet.

They have a big problem with freedom when they can say somthing against the west and when the tables have turned then they try to limit what we say.

And in fact i am glad that these drawings have been published again and again,
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
February 13th, 2006 at 11:38am
the whole situation has been blown out of proportion. yes it was wrong of the muslims to have extreme protests, but were the people having these violent protests not a minority ofthe muslims around the world? and i think none of us can pass comment on this as i doubt any of us have seen the cartoons in question.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 11:41am
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:

why???

no nobody deserves to die but the public also have a right to see what has gone on with these drawings, also if the muslims hadnt made such a fuss then there wouldnt be 1000's of people searching for these pictures on the internet.

They have a big problem with freedom when they can say somthing against the west and when the tables have turned then they try to limit what we say.

And in fact i am glad that these drawings have been published again and again,
So you're saying curiousity is more important than the lives of innocents?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 11:44am
xAiffoXKorrx:
Every human has the right to protest. And if you're going to write such long posts, use punctuation.

But certainly don't have the right to carry on the way some of them have been doing. Protest, yes. Peacefully. You say protesting Muslims have been killed? I did not know that. If they were protesting violently; well, sorry, but I feel no sympathy for them. Violence will bring more violence. If they're big enough to deal it, they should take it.

I believe in freedom of speech. I believe in liberty. I am also a very, very peaceful person, strictly anti-violence. You can guess where i'm going with this, no?. The cartoons were right in being published, for the sake of freedom. Muslims who took a violent approach in protesting were wrong; this not only goes against my moral code but Islam itself. Muslims who took a non-violent approach in protesting were right. They are the example to be followed.

On a final note; this is Specific Discussion; not a spelling bee. If you have a good point to make, crossing the T's and dotting the I's isn't paramount.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 11:50am
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

But certainly don't have the right to carry on the way some of them have been doing. Protest, yes. Peacefully. You say protesting Muslims have been killed? I did not know that. If they were protesting violently; well, sorry, but I feel no sympathy for them. Violence will bring more violence. If they're big enough to deal it, they should take it.

I believe in freedom of speech. I believe in liberty. I am also a very, very peaceful person, strictly anti-violence. You can guess where i'm going with this, no?. The cartoons were right in being published, for the sake of freedom. Muslims who took a violent approach in protesting were wrong; this not only goes against my moral code but Islam itself. Muslims who took a non-violent approach in protesting were right. They are the example to be followed.

On a final note; this is Specific Discussion; not a spelling bee. If you have a good point to make, crossing the T's and dotting the I's isn't paramount.
I realise that. I' was just saying about the punctuation thing because I found it hard to read that person's argument. Most Muslims are being non-violent. I have sympathy for those who have been killed, because in my opinion no one deserves to be killed. But, you know, it's hard to see the full story from a glass screen of a TV.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 11:51am
xAiffoXKorrx:

She said no such thing.

In my opinion; a life without freedom is a life barely worth living. Living in a state of constant opression; no opinions, total control, no freedom of speech or otherwise; a totalitarian state if you rather. That, to me, is the ultimate death sentance.

You may say I am being extremist in my view. But if we take away the freedom of the individual to draw cartoons; do we take away his freedom to joke? Do we take away his right to have bad opinions of another religion? Do we take away his freedom to have disrespectful thoughts about a religion?. Where do you propose it will end?
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 11:53am
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

She said no such thing.

In my opinion; a life without freedom is a life barely worth living. Living in a state of constant opression; no opinions, total control, no freedom of speech or otherwise; a totalitarian state if you rather. That, to me, is the ultimate death sentance.

You may say I am being extremist in my view. But if we take away the freedom of the individual to draw cartoons; do we take away his freedom to joke? Do we take away his right to have bad opinions of another religion? Do we take away his freedom to have disrespectful thoughts about a religion?. Where do you propose it will end?
I have no idea. But I merely feel that the violence should be stopped by any means possible.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 11:56am
xAiffoXKorrx:
I have no idea. But I merely feel that the violence should be stopped by any means possible.

I'm not condoing the violence.

However, I believe that this minority of violent protesters should look to the non-violent Muslims protesting and follow their good example. That is the way to progress.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 11:58am
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

I'm not condoing the violence.

However, I believe that this minority of violent protesters should look to the non-violent Muslims protesting and follow their good example. That is the way to progress.
Yes, I realise that. But has that worked yet? No.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 12:01pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
Yes, I realise that. But has that worked yet? No.

What do you think will work?

Nothing. The violent protesters will carry on regardless of whoever re-prints the cartoons. Even if the cartoons would cease to be printed; they would carry on and on.

If there was a better solution; it would be implemeted by now. Better to let them wear themselves down now, than have a build up of hatred. It'll all die down soon.

If only they took heed of the true teachings of Islam; which I believe promote peace strongly...
Register