''Freedom has its limits''

AuthorMessage
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 12:06pm
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:
Yes, I realise that. But has that worked yet? No.

What do you think will work?

Nothing. The violent protesters will carry on regardless of whoever re-prints the cartoons. Even if the cartoons would cease to be printed; they would carry on and on.

If there was a better solution; it would be implemeted by now. Better to let them wear themselves down now, than have a build up of hatred. It'll all die down soon.

If only they took heed of the true teachings of Islam; which I believe promote peace strongly...
Yeah, but a lot of religions do not heed the true teachings, The Bible teaches love and tolerance but there is hatred for homosexuals.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 12:12pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
Yeah, but a lot of religions do not heed the true teachings, The Bible teaches love and tolerance but there is hatred for homosexuals.

It's all relative. Or more, a matter of common sense.

(Just like to point out, there is no hatred for Homosexuals at all. Merely a disapproval for Homosexual orientation. If you don't have sex, you're fine)

There isn's a leg for you to stand on in that sense. Muslims say the cartoon offends their religion; what do they do? Go out and break one of the key beliefs within their faith by using violence. Again, I'd like to state I think your comparison was weak.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 12:16pm
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

It's all relative. Or more, a matter of common sense.

(Just like to point out, there is no hatred for Homosexuals at all. Merely a disapproval for Homosexual orientation. If you don't have sex, you're fine)

There isn's a leg for you to stand on in that sense. Muslims say the cartoon offends their religion; what do they do? Go out and break one of the key beliefs within their faith by using violence. Again, I'd like to state I think your comparison was weak.
Life without sex. Fun. Yes, it was wrong for the Muslims to use violence, I'm not saying it isn't, violence is terrible. But re-publishing of the cartoon is sparking more violence (please don't use the whole freedom card, of course they have a right to freedom) and I merely feel that these sparks should be extinguished, no matter the cost.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 12:25pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
Life without sex. Fun. Yes, it was wrong for the Muslims to use violence, I'm not saying it isn't, violence is terrible. But re-publishing of the cartoon is sparking more violence (please don't use the whole freedom card, of course they have a right to freedom) and I merely feel that these sparks should be extinguished, no matter the cost.

Not a 'card' as such. More a valid part of my argument.

You have now said they have the right to freedom. Let me guess? Freedom has it's limits?. Bringing it back to the original topic. I do not believe freedom should ever be limited (unless that freedom involves hurting another person). You clearly do.

But I say; let them 'spark'. Let them make mistakes. Humanity is best when left to make it's own mistakes. At least then we learn from them. As I have said before; these sparks will go out like a candle in a storm within a few weeks. I say; we play the waiting game. Ride the storm, and this particular issue will be resolved.

Then, no doubt, there will be plenty of time to discuss and implement rules and regulations taking away freedom (It is sadly inevitable. Rolling Eyes ).
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 12:35pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
[QUOTE="IYes, but the French and Norwegians are fucking pushing it if you ask me.

why???
Well, yeah, they have the right to free speech, but when you see the damage and hurt that has happened because of this cartoon then it's just pushing it to re-release it. More and more innocent people are going to get hurt.

oh please, the people who are protesting violently to these cartoons are just making the drawer of them right in what they were saying.
So they deserve to die? How does that work?

no nobody deserves to die but the public also have a right to see what has gone on with these drawings, also if the muslims hadnt made such a fuss then there wouldnt be 1000's of people searching for these pictures on the internet.

They have a big problem with freedom when they can say somthing against the west and when the tables have turned then they try to limit what we say.

And in fact i am glad that these drawings have been published again and again,
So you're saying curiousity is more important than the lives of innocents?

so i take it that your actually against these cartoons being published? What i was actually saying was if they hadnt made such a big over reaction then people wouldnt want to see these drawings,

My friend who who works with a muslim woman said that "yes some of those drawings were hurtfull but she also understood why they were funny to a certain type of person and she also said that if we had to limit what we say and do and in this case draw then this country would be no better of thah from Afgahistan.
spam
Jackass
spam
February 13th, 2006 at 12:45pm
people say what the fuck they like, no one will ever change that, if they didn't bomb people in the first place then no cartoon would of had to of been made.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 01:13pm
*stoner*:
people say what the fuck they like, no one will ever change that, if they didn't bomb people in the first place then no cartoon would of had to of been made.

there will always be people taking the piss out of religous fgures. And all this is been blown out of proportion and they should realise that we should be able to say what we like, Even if i want to sit in a bar and dissuccus how to kill the queen then i should because at the end of the day it was just people in a bar chatting.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:06pm
tre_cool_is_god:

so i take it that your actually against these cartoons being published? What i was actually saying was if they hadnt made such a big over reaction then people wouldnt want to see these drawings,

My friend who who works with a muslim woman said that "yes some of those drawings were hurtfull but she also understood why they were funny to a certain type of person and she also said that if we had to limit what we say and do and in this case draw then this country would be no better of thah from Afgahistan.
NO. I'm saying that it is stupid to re-publish the cartoons as more violence follows. People here are convinced that I believe freedom has its limits. I don't. I'm merely saying that every time the cartoon gets re-published, another embassy is burned down. YES, most Muslims are anti-violence and while they found the cartoon somewhat hurtful, they don't feel like making death threats. MOST Muslims are peaceful people. But some are so incited that they turn to violence.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 03:08pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:

NO. I'm saying that it is stupid to re-publish the cartoons as more violence follows. People here are convinced that I believe freedom has its limits. I don't. I'm merely saying that every time the cartoon gets re-published, another embassy is burned down. YES, most Muslims are anti-violence and while they found the cartoon somewhat hurtful, they don't feel like making death threats. MOST Muslims are peaceful people. But some are so incited that they turn to violence.

making the drawers of the cartoon correct in what they were saying. You cannot blame the cartoons because people are going and burning down embassies that was already in the mind of those violent people.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:09pm
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

Not a 'card' as such. More a valid part of my argument.

You have now said they have the right to freedom. Let me guess? Freedom has it's limits?. Bringing it back to the original topic. I do not believe freedom should ever be limited (unless that freedom involves hurting another person). You clearly do.

But I say; let them 'spark'. Let them make mistakes. Humanity is best when left to make it's own mistakes. At least then we learn from them. As I have said before; these sparks will go out like a candle in a storm within a few weeks. I say; we play the waiting game. Ride the storm, and this particular issue will be resolved.

Then, no doubt, there will be plenty of time to discuss and implement rules and regulations taking away freedom (It is sadly inevitable. Rolling Eyes ).
No I don't. Don't make assumptions about a person you don't know. Humanity doesn't always learn from mistakes. There probably won't be rules "taking away freedom", as you put it. Would you be so willing to let people make these mistakes if it was someone you know trapped in a burning embassy? I doubt it.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:09pm
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:

making the drawers of the cartoon correct in what they were saying. You cannot blame the cartoons because people are going and burning down embassies that was already in the mind of those violent people.
The cartoon was a very provocative one.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 03:11pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:

so waht do you think we should do? ave limitation of speach just in case we upset people?
The great Stephen king once said i write horror but that doesnt make me a murderer.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 03:18pm
xAiffoXKorrx:

If they stuck to the basic principles of their religion, there would be no need to be 'provoked'.

Just because it's provocative, doesn't mean they have to rise to it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 03:20pm
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

If they stuck to the basic principles of their religion, there would be no need to be 'provoked'.

that was what i was trying to say but i went all ass about face.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:22pm
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

I didn't say that. I just said that it was provocative. I'm not condoning what the Muslims did, I'm just saying that if people see the violence that has happened and re-publish the cartoon, what do they expect?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 03:24pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
I didn't say that. I just said that it was provocative. I'm not condoning what the Muslims did, I'm just saying that if people see the violence that has happened and re-publish the cartoon, what do they expect?

I believe 'they' fully know what to expect. I don't think I've heard and of the publishers complaining about the threats/violence directed at them. They're happier with the huge magazine sales printing the cartoon will achieve.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 03:25pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

they shouls stop being all temprmental about the cartoons and just turn the other cheek. I was VERY upset when they published a cartoon a few years ago against the welsh people and culture did i go out and burn down houses and hurt people no i didnt because i know that, that wouldnt get me anywhere.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:27pm
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

they shouls stop being all temprmental about the cartoons and just turn the other cheek. I was VERY upset when they published a cartoon a few years ago against the welsh people and culture did i go out and burn down houses and hurt people no i didnt because i know that, that wouldnt get me anywhere.
I know they should. Why don't you tell them that? Rolling Eyes
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 03:29pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
tre_cool_is_god:
xAiffoXKorrx:
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

I know they should. Why don't you tell them that? Rolling Eyes

oh i wish i could i really do. Because this has gone to far and i think the damage has already been done and it cant be undone.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 03:30pm
tre_cool_is_god:

Excellent example.

Welsh people generally recieve a lot of (unjust) stick; in the form of derogatory cartoons and jokes. This is offensive to their culture; and I know Welsh people have a very strong sense of pride about their national identity. They do nothing violent in return, do they?.

You may say it isn't the same, but it is.
Register