''Freedom has its limits''

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 03:33pm
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
they shouls stop being all temprmental about the cartoons and just turn the other cheek. I was VERY upset when they published a cartoon a few years ago against the welsh people and culture did i go out and burn down houses and hurt people no i didnt because i know that, that wouldnt get me anywhere.

Excellent example.

Welsh people genreally recieve a lot of (unjust) stick; in the form of derogatory cartoons and jokes. This is offensive to their culture; and I know Welsh people have a very strong sense of pride about their national identity. They do nothing violent in return, do they?.

You may say it isn't the same, but it is.

yes it is the same and i am fed up with people thinking that bashing the welsh is a good thing to do. But i will never go out and kill soem one over it, i get angry and annoyed but then i say well "I AM WELSH AND PROUD"
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:34pm
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
they shouls stop being all temprmental about the cartoons and just turn the other cheek. I was VERY upset when they published a cartoon a few years ago against the welsh people and culture did i go out and burn down houses and hurt people no i didnt because i know that, that wouldnt get me anywhere.

Excellent example.

Welsh people generally recieve a lot of (unjust) stick; in the form of derogatory cartoons and jokes. This is offensive to their culture; and I know Welsh people have a very strong sense of pride about their national identity. They do nothing violent in return, do they?.

It isn't just the Welsh. They make fun of every nationality. I'm Irish and... Well I'm not that proud of my country but I used to be but I always laughed at the jokes.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 03:34pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
I know they should. Why don't you tell them that? Rolling Eyes

If you haven't got anything useful to say; best keep shut eh?

It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt and all that...Better still, why don't you tell them?.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:35pm
And besides, I have said many times already that I am not condoning the violence, okay?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 03:36pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

Excellent example.

Welsh people generally recieve a lot of (unjust) stick; in the form of derogatory cartoons and jokes. This is offensive to their culture; and I know Welsh people have a very strong sense of pride about their national identity. They do nothing violent in return, do they?.

It isn't just the Welsh. They make fun of every nationality. I'm Irish and... Well I'm not that proud of my country but I used to be but I always laughed at the jokes.

i love the irish they bought us guiness!!!
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:37pm
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:
I know they should. Why don't you tell them that? Rolling Eyes

If you haven't got anything useful to say; best keep shut eh?

It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt and all that...Better still, why don't you tell them?.
Why don't I indeed? Besides, I have the right to freedom of speech. You may recognise the term. Also, in SD we argue about the topic, not the person. You have no right to call me a fool.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
xAiffoXKorrx:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

Excellent example.

The Irish get it so bad, we're always protrayed as being drunken, abusive. idiots but you can't take it seriously, you just have to laugh at it.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
xAiffoXKorrx:

And you Irish poke fun at us English. And the Scots get it, too. Can't forget them. It's a vicious cycle, but where are the burning buildings? Where are the violent protests?. There are none. We deal with it, and because we're all the same colour and similar cultures; we're not expected to get upset. We have to deal with it.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:38pm
Incubus:
xAiffoXKorrx:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

Excellent example.

The Irish get it so bad, we're always protrayed as being drunken, abusive. idiots but you can't take it seriously, you just have to laugh at it.
Yeah. A lot of the jokes are pretty funny anyway. Some of the European postcards make me laugh my ass off.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 13th, 2006 at 03:39pm
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

And you Irish poke fun at us English. And the Scots get it, too. Can't forget them. It's a vicious cycle, but where are the burning buildings? Where are the violent protests?. There are none. We deal with it, and because we're all the same colour and similar cultures; we're not expected to get upset. We have to deal with it.

Well the Irish do that because it sort of our way of paying them back for all that shit they've put us through/ still are putting us through for the past 800 years. But its nothing personal...we just want to see them defeated in football and...war
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 03:39pm
xAiffoXKorrx:
Why don't I indeed? Besides, I have the right to freedom of speech. You may recognise the term. Also, in SD we argue about the topic, not the person. You have no right to call me a fool.

It's a well know quote, didn't you know that? Confused

I thought everyone was familiar with that one. So yes, concentrate on the weakest part of my discussion, procrastinate forevermore, slay me with my own sword if you must. But let's get back to the matter in hand.

I think I know the rules by now.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:41pm
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

Yes, that is true. Though a lot of Irish do not poke fun at any nationality or race. I don't, anyway. The odd scumbag or person out for a laugh, yeah. Still, though, I'm trying to look at the topic from the Muslim perspective as well.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 03:41pm
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

Well the Irish do that because it sort of our way of paying them back for all that shit they've put us through/ still are putting us through for the past 800 years. But its nothing personal...we just want to see them defeated in football and...war

i have welsh friends who tell irish jokes but i just tell them to shut up. I think the irish and the welsh have more in common then will admit.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2006 at 03:43pm
Incubus:

Let's not start that crap all over again. I don't give a damn about what you did to us and what we did to you (Remeber, there are two sides to every story). It's all in the past. I have no time for any of it, but I was merely pointing out a fact.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:43pm
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
xAiffoXKorrx:

Even if rugby is the one we're more likely to do. Very Happy
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 13th, 2006 at 03:48pm
Bloodraine:
Incubus:

Let's not start that crap all over again. I don't give a damn about what you did to us and what we did to you (Remeber, there are two sides to every story). It's all in the past. I have no time for any of it, but I was merely pointing out a fact.

Its not in the past. Its still happening, ever been to Belfast? I've lived there and trust me, all that shit is still going on.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:50pm
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Incubus:

Its not in the past. Its still happening, ever been to Belfast? I've lived there and trust me, all that shit is still going on.
Yeah, you don't live in Ireland and watch the Irish news where petrol bombs are being tossed into houses every single fucking day.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 13th, 2006 at 03:51pm
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Incubus:

incubus may i ask you are the IRA still in operation in irleland because soem people seem t think thatthey have been disbanded
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 13th, 2006 at 03:53pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Incubus:

incubus may i ask you are the IRA still in operation in irleland because soem people seem t think thatthey have been disbanded
Yes they are still in operation.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 13th, 2006 at 03:55pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Incubus:

You know I couldn't really tell ya. But changes are they're still at it, if not the offical IRA, then something similar, I don't think they'll ever be got rid of completlely until they've got what they want.
Register