SARAnade
King For A Couple Of Days
SARAnade
February 3rd, 2006 at 11:51am
tre_cool_is_god:
LovesBillieJoe:
tre_cool_is_god:
stupider than poo.:
My sister watched it. She said it wasn't great.
And from the way she described it, the old man sounds scary.

the old man? Does she mean nobusan? Or the president? Because neither of them were scary nobusan has burn marks down his face but hes not scary just strange in a differant culture sort of way.

does she mean doctor crabb...cause hes sounds like a scary guy in the book because he sleeps with her but he paid the most money to buy her misuagae (virginity) and in the movie hes a lot less scary though it does seem weird because hes like 50 and shes like 18 and they do it..but its weird cause she just lays there while he...you know...

did you really find dr crabb scary because i didnt, i know that he bought her but that was just part and parcel of life over there.

actually if you see the film you'll know that he actually wasnt the highest bidder the baron was.

i know its part of their culture to sell their first time and ive seen it i forget why the baron had the highest bid but the doctor got her...but still he sounded creepy in the book but in the movie he seemed nicer .. more of the type of guy you'd think he'd be.
remind me again why the doctor got her even tho the baron bid the highest..its been like 2 monthes since ive seen it???
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 3rd, 2006 at 11:59am
LovesBillieJoe:
tre_cool_is_god:
LovesBillieJoe:
tre_cool_is_god:
stupider than poo.:
My sister watched it. She said it wasn't great.
And from the way she described it, the old man sounds scary.

the old man? Does she mean nobusan? Or the president? Because neither of them were scary nobusan has burn marks down his face but hes not scary just strange in a differant culture sort of way.

does she mean doctor crabb...cause hes sounds like a scary guy in the book because he sleeps with her but he paid the most money to buy her misuagae (virginity) and in the movie hes a lot less scary though it does seem weird because hes like 50 and shes like 18 and they do it..but its weird cause she just lays there while he...you know...

did you really find dr crabb scary because i didnt, i know that he bought her but that was just part and parcel of life over there.

actually if you see the film you'll know that he actually wasnt the highest bidder the baron was.

o right...omg i so knew that...but still he sounded creepy in the book but in the movie he seemed nicer .. more of the type of guy you'd think he'd be.
remind me again why the doctor got her even tho the baron bid the highest..its been like 2 monthes since ive seen it???

the dr had her because the baron was Mehma's Dana and Mehma ended the bidding when she found out and she told Syri that the dr was the highest bidder.

i have to admit i thought that in the book mother was a hard woman but in the film she came over has fairly soft and even likeable even though she beat did Syri when Hotosomu stole that kimono and destroyed it and made Syri take it back and then told mother that Syri did it. I hated Hotosomu i thought she was evil but i think that she could see her home slipping away from her. But she get hers at the end anyway.
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:03pm
right thanks
ya i agree about mother and it was really weird because the grandmother was a lot less important in the movie than she was in the book, that bothered me too. like when she died it was a big deal in the book...and yes hotosomu must die...didnt she become a prostitute after she left their orgorki..?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:06pm
LovesBillieJoe:
right thanks
ya i agree about mother and it was really weird because the grandmother was a lot less important in the movie than she was in the book, that bothered me too. like when she died it was a big deal in the book...and yes hotosomu must die...didnt she become a prostitute after she left their orgorki..?

yes and thank god aswell. In the book they made a deal thing about granny dieing but in the film it wasnt even mentioned. And Syri goes to live in the US at the end but she doesnt in the film that was the biggest thing for me that was important becase she also had a tea house which the president bought for her.
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:09pm
tre_cool_is_god:
LovesBillieJoe:
right thanks

yes and thank god aswell. In the book they made a deal thing about granny dieing but in the film it wasnt even mentioned. And Syri goes to live in the US at the end but she doesnt in the film that was the biggest thing for me that was important becase she also had a tea house which the president bought for her.

and also what was with the drunken-whorish Pumpkin at the end i dont recall that being in the book..i remember pumpkiun being re entered into the story but she wasnt all....how can i put this....slutty ?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:14pm
LovesBillieJoe:
tre_cool_is_god:
LovesBillieJoe:
right thanks

and also what was with the drunken-whorish Pumpkin at the end i dont recall that being in the book..i remember pumpkiun being re entered into the story but she wasnt all....how can i put this....slutty ?

you could say that Pumpkin would but most sluts to shame yes. she was re entered to go to the island with Syri and Mehma, but she turned against Syri and then there was no mention of her which i thought was weird.
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:19pm
when i was reading the book Mehma seemed closer in age to syri but i didnt realise that when syri was like...25(persay) than Mehma was like...35 40 ish..did she seem older to you in the book or closer in age to syri..like i thought...
omg i was so excited that it was coming out on film..i went and saw it the first week it came out...did you read the book or watch the movie first?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:24pm
LovesBillieJoe:
when i was reading the book Mehma seemed closer in age to syri but i didnt realise that when syri was like...25(persay) than Mehma was like...35 40 ish..did she seem older to you in the book or closer in age to syri..like i thought...
omg i was so excited that it was coming out on film..i went and saw it the first week it came out...did you read the book or watch the movie first?

i thought the mehma seemed about the same age, i read the book first just to shut up a certain person who was nagging at me to read it but i am so glad that they did nag at me it was the best thing i had read in ages and i read a lot of books, like you i was so excited when i knew about the film and i saw it thursday night before its proer realse date which is today. There was only a few of us in the theater so i hope that the films gets all the praise that it should even though i was a little dissapointed.
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:30pm
tre_cool_is_god:
LovesBillieJoe:

i thought the mehma seemed about the same age, i read the book first just to shut up a certain person who was nagging at me to read it but i am so glad that they did nag at me it was the best thing i had read in ages and i read a lot of books, like you i was so excited when i knew about the film and i saw it thursday night before its proer realse date which is today. There was only a few of us in the theater so i hope that the films gets all the praise that it should even though i was a little dissapointed.

ya when i went, i went with my two sisters and there were only about 8 other people in the theatre....it was a wednesday afternoon tho..so not many people would go see a movie then i guess...but ya overall it was a good movie..though a little different than the book...id rate it about 8 / 10
*King For A Day*
Geek
*King For A Day*
February 3rd, 2006 at 12:36pm
i never read the book, but saw the film and liked it a lot (but i never new what anyones names were.)
cherriesinslowmotion
Jackass
cherriesinslowmotion
April 7th, 2006 at 12:55am
why are we all spelling their names wrong? = (
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
April 11th, 2006 at 11:21am
I have't seen it.
hm___kinky
hm___kinky
April 13th, 2006 at 07:18pm
i havent seen it but my friend has and she said that it wasnt as good as they made it out to be
Relion
Falling In Love With The Board
Relion
April 14th, 2006 at 06:27am
I'm obsessed with Japan and all that, so i'd really like to see it.
Register