AuthorMessage
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 16th, 2011 at 04:49pm
ocean avenue:
=/
i only know a few (openly) christian people, but they're usually quite private about their belief, since it's like.. even rare that people are religious here. so i guess it wouldn't be a problem, they'd just send it to the people they know from their church, but i don't really get why she would send it to a muslim friend if she doesn't think her prayers matter. I mean, aren't muslims supposed to stay away from dogs, too? Think

I don't know about the dog thing.
And yeah it was kind of ignorant of her in the first place.
Most christians I know don't try to force their beliefs on anyone, but she was a Baptist Christian, a denomination which has emphasis on evangelism, etc. I.e. they are expected to try to convert people or they won't be rewarded.

(Sorry to any baptists if that's totally off the mark, I'm not generalizing by just this one friend, and my knowledge is just what I can remember from religious history class Smile)
xxGirxx
Idiot
xxGirxx

Blog
January 16th, 2011 at 10:39pm
I think praying works! cuz it works when I do it!
ColieAnne91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ColieAnne91
January 17th, 2011 at 12:04am
Desmond Hume:
ocean avenue:
=/
i only know a few (openly) christian people, but they're usually quite private about their belief, since it's like.. even rare that people are religious here. so i guess it wouldn't be a problem, they'd just send it to the people they know from their church, but i don't really get why she would send it to a muslim friend if she doesn't think her prayers matter. I mean, aren't muslims supposed to stay away from dogs, too? Think

Most christians I know don't try to force their beliefs on anyone, but she was a Baptist Christian, a denomination which has emphasis on evangelism, etc. I.e. they are expected to try to convert people or they won't be rewarded.

(Sorry to any baptists if that's totally off the mark, I'm not generalizing by just this one friend, and my knowledge is just what I can remember from religious history class Smile)

Im a Baptist Christain & you were not completely wrong.
we are expected to share the word of God so others can choose for themselves but we dont believe we will be rewarded for it.
We just believe God wants us to tell the word so everyone has the choice to accept him or not.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 17th, 2011 at 11:47am
Desmond Hume:
ocean avenue:
=/

i googled it, and yeah, muslims should stay away from dogs.. the only reason i can find though, is because it stopped the 'mighty angel Gabriel' from going into Allah's messenger's home.. not sure why though. but that's not the point xD
source

anyway, not to be off-topic, i think asking for prayers from other people could be seen as just y'know, showing concern and showing them that you'll be there for them. i mean if someone i knew was religious and asked me to pray for someone/thing, i'd probably just tell them that i'll think about whatever it is and that i'll be there for them, since i'm not religious at all Dno
Register