AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 12:20pm
DistortedMorality:

He believed in facism

FaSism... why can't anyone every spell that right?!

lmfao lmfao lmfao
Don't make a fool out of youself.

And STOP with the splitting posts up, we don't need to keep scrolling down just for you.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 12th, 2006 at 12:22pm
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:

He believed in facism

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Ouch...
FASCISM. S and C combine to spell correctly. Ya...

And STOP with the splitting posts up, we don't need to keep scrolling down just for you.

No.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 12:24pm
DistortedMorality:
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:

He believed in facism

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Ouch...
No.

Yeah, but the irony is you spelled fascism wrong when you were lecturing another about it. Wink
It is neither fasism or facism, but you were both close.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 12th, 2006 at 12:25pm
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:

He believed in facism

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Ouch...
No.

Yeah, but the irony is you spelled fascism wrong when you were lecturing another about it. Wink

Mine was a typo. Its fascism.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 12:28pm
DistortedMorality:
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:

He believed in facism

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Ouch...
No.

Well perhaps she made a typo also.
And, you really should stop assuming we all know nothing in here, because there are some pretty smart people in here.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 12th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:

He believed in facism

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Ouch...
No.

And, you really should stop assuming we all know nothing in here, because there are some pretty smart people in here.

She did it at least twice and its incredibely common for people to spell fascism like that. And from what I've seen, most of those I've seen know little about anarchism, communism, or marxism.
Eliana Rampage
Jackass
Eliana Rampage
May 12th, 2006 at 01:04pm
I love it how you guys aren't techically aren't on topic, and yet only I get in trouble. Damn I must be a work of the devil. Heh.

Secondly, I shant involve myself in you're ongoing arguments as I have tried arguing with Mikard before, and all my attempts were definitely beyond the word "futile". Why? To be frank...He's a ruthless bitch. But a damn smart bitch at that. He knows what he's talking about. o_O I don't.

But yes, I'd have to agree, with my experiences at GSB, there aren't many people who'd even have heard of the word "Marxist". The only reason I do is because my dad has a friend who is one, and I know her too.

Anyways, BACK ON TOPIC... Rolling Eyes We need to be more organized...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 03:48pm
I don't care if you have the nobel prize in spelling, keep on topic

and Billies own, sorry if it looked like a I was victimising but it was aimed at everyone one. Very Happy
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
May 12th, 2006 at 03:58pm
DistortedMorality:
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:

He believed in facism

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Ouch...
No.

She did it at least twice and its incredibely common for people to spell fascism like that. And from what I've seen, most of those I've seen know little about anarchism, communism, or marxism.

The irony of the whole thing is that you ignore relevant content that does not support your ideas about communist rulers of the twentieth century. Hitler was not communist, so there was absolutely no reason for it to come up in the discussion.
Misinformation takes a good debate downhill fast. People assume Hitler was totalitarian so he must have been communist too.

Don't assume people are stupid. Especially not based on a common spelling error. (Technically "Marxism" is a proper noun, by the way.) Being wrong about another person's intelligence will make you look very foolish indeed.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 12th, 2006 at 04:15pm
Kitti:
DistortedMorality:

The irony of the whole thing is that you ignore relevant content that does not support your ideas about communist rulers of the twentieth century.

How so? And, there was little to no overt communism in the twentieth century. All I can think of would be tucked away villages in the Amazon and such.
Hitler was not communist, so there was absolutely no reason for it to come up in the discussion.
Misinformation takes a good debate downhill fast. People assume Hitler was totalitarian so he must have been communist too.

No one ever said Hitler was a communist, you invented that.
And yes, there was a reason for it to come up in the discussion, arguing about the Catholic Church being at fault. Both Hitler and the Church wanted communists and people holding similar ideologies done away with in one way or another. And, it wouldn't surprise me if many church officials were anti-semitic. So, is it not logical they would try to collaborate?
We were running a very legitamite debate line.

Don't assume people are stupid. Especially not based on a common spelling error. (Technically "Marxism" is a proper noun, by the way.) Being wrong about another person's intelligence will make you look very foolish indeed.

Did I ever accuse you or anyone of stupidity? Ignorance, yes. But ignorance and stupidity are two different beasts. I'm pretty sure I haven't been to incorrect about the ignorance of the debaters I've confronted. And fascism is just mispelled so often, its a pet peave.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 12th, 2006 at 05:18pm
Kitti:
DistortedMorality:

The irony of the whole thing is that you ignore relevant content that does not support your ideas about communist rulers of the twentieth century.

How so? And, there was little to no overt communism in the twentieth century. All I can think of would be tucked away villages in the Amazon and such.
Hitler was not communist, so there was absolutely no reason for it to come up in the discussion.

And yes, there was a reason for it to come up in the discussion, arguing about the Catholic Church being at fault. Both Hitler and the Church wanted communists and people holding similar ideologies done away with in one way or another. And, it wouldn't surprise me if many church officials were anti-semitic. So, is it not logical they would try to collaborate?

Did I ever accuse you or anyone of stupidity? Ignorance, yes. But ignorance and stupidity are two different beasts. I'm pretty sure I haven't been to incorrect about the ignorance of the debaters I've confronted. And fascism is just mispelled so often, its a pet peave.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 05:28pm
You just said that. Eh
Kitti
Kitti
May 12th, 2006 at 05:44pm
DistortedMorality:
Kitti:
DistortedMorality:

peEve.

Overt Communists of the 20th century (that's the nineteen hundreds, for anyone who doesn't know):
-Mao Zedong
-Pol Pot
-Lenin
-Stalin (later Khrushchev)
-Castro
-Kim Il Sung
-Ho Chi Mihn

If half of Southeast Asia is tiny villages tucked away in the Amazon to you, you've got no business saying other people know little about communism, buddy.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 12th, 2006 at 05:45pm
DistortedMorality:
we_found_the_duck:
I've gotta go with six on this one.

When we were discussing this in my History class, it was said that Hitler didn't actually want to kill the Jews. He just wanted to make their life absolutely miserable so they would just leave Germany.
When they didn't leave, he started to panic, and people close to him, advisors, the S.S., other sadistic psychos around him, thought up the Final Solution and submitted it for his approval.

Thats plausible. The "purification of the Aryan race" didn't necissarily have to invovle the slaughter of "unpure" but just their deportation, which was the original plan, I believe.
Hitler really was a puppet, jsut a vessel to get the nazis in power and keep them there. Completely disposable, as was shown by the attempt on his life. He was an image, not a ruler.

There were definately other people invovled.
One man could not orchestrate all that himself.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2006 at 05:50pm
Will you please quit breaking up quotes? It's very annoying and takes up space, you can say the same exact thing without doing that.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 12th, 2006 at 06:43pm
Kitti:
DistortedMorality:
Kitti:
DistortedMorality:

peEve.

Overt Communists of the 20th century (that's the nineteen hundreds, for anyone who doesn't know):
-Mao Zedong
-Pol Pot
-Lenin
-Stalin (later Khrushchev)
-Castro
-Kim Il Sung
-Ho Chi Mihn

If half of Southeast Asia is tiny villages tucked away in the Amazon to you, you've got no business saying other people know little about communism, buddy.

All of those were nations, all of those leaders were NATIONALISTS. The ignorance is starting to stink. Communism doesn't happen with nations, it happens with COMMUNITIES. None of those people lead communistic societies. Just because some fascist in the government tells you so, doesn't mean they're communists.
Sure, they have called themselves communists, they have even dreamed of a communist world, but NOTHING they did was called for by Marx, whom they all claimed to follow. Maoism and Stalinism are in NO WAY communist.
They were nationalists.
Marxism is global.
They were elitists.
Marxism preaches equality for all.
They were totalitarian.
Marxism is democratic.
They committed racial genocides.
Marxism preaches no races.
They forced people to work.
Marxism is voluntary.

They are not marxists. They are not communists.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 13th, 2006 at 05:33am
DistortedMorality:
All of those were nations, all of those leaders were NATIONALISTS. The ignorance is starting to stink. Communism doesn't happen with nations, it happens with COMMUNITIES. None of those people lead communistic societies. Just because some fascist in the government tells you so, doesn't mean they're communists.
Sure, they have called themselves communists, they have even dreamed of a communist world, but NOTHING they did was called for by Marx, whom they all claimed to follow. Maoism and Stalinism are in NO WAY communist.
They were nationalists.
Marxism is global.
They were elitists.
They were totalitarian.
Marxism is democratic.
Marxism is voluntary.

YOUR ignorance is starting to stink, too.
How can you say communism doesn't happen with nations?. Ignoring the history. Confused

What 'communities' are you talking about? Little amazonian villagers again? Its naivety to its purest to assume they are the only 'communists' living today.

You need to check your dictionary mate, because last time I did community meant a group of people living in the same locality and under the same government. Look up Nation and you're going to find a group of people organized under a single, usually independent government; a country.

Seems to me like you were just babbling for a bit there; it sounded good but was quite innacurate.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
May 13th, 2006 at 11:07am
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:
They were nationalists.
Marxism is global.
They were elitists.
They were totalitarian.
Marxism is democratic.
Marxism is voluntary.

How can you say communism doesn't happen with nations?. Ignoring the history. Confused

What 'communities' are you talking about? Little amazonian villagers again? Its naivety to its purest to assume they are the only 'communists' living today.

You need to check your dictionary mate, because last time I did community meant a group of people living in the same locality and under the same government. Look up Nation and you're going to find a group of people organized under a single, usually independent government; a country.

Seems to me like you were just babbling for a bit there; it sounded good but was quite innacurate.

Clap Clap
Kitti
Kitti
May 13th, 2006 at 11:17am
DistortedMorality:
They were nationalists.
Marxism is global.
They were elitists.
They were totalitarian.
Marxism is democratic.
Marxism is voluntary.

Never mind that communism is the antithesis of democracy.
Never mind that the genocides weren't ever entirely racial-- usually not even a little.
Never mind that communism is controlled economy along with Maoism and Stalinism.
Never mind that communism requires the support of the whole which is definitive nationalism.
Never mind the statement you have previously made about communism NOT being limited to Marxism and Leninism.

Meg's right-- a nation IS a community.
Do you know why Americans are not allowed to go to Cuba?
It's COMMUNIST.
Do you know what the Korean War was? That it ended in a stalemate where North Korea is Communist and South Korea is Capitalist?
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 13th, 2006 at 01:36pm
Bloodraine:
DistortedMorality:
They were nationalists.
Marxism is global.
They were elitists.
They were totalitarian.
Marxism is democratic.
Marxism is voluntary.

Just because you've been told they're communists, doesn't mean they are.

I didn't say they were the only ones, I said they were the only ones I was aware of.

You made sure to exclude the "a relatively large group of people" part that is in the definition of nation, but not community. A nation is larger, and has different goals than a community. If you continue to read the definitions of community...

a unified body of individuals: as a : the people with common interests living in a particular area; broadly : the area itself <the problems of a large community> b : an interacting population of various kinds of individuals (as species) in a common location c : a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society

3: common ownership

These are the communities of communism. If you read some actual communist literature you may know that.
Register