Holocaust: Who is Responsible?

AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 14th, 2006 at 08:30pm
I blame the norton virus from blocking the internet so I couldn't debate.

so YAY right anyway...oh you've all stopped Confused

Well to alex about how if enough people went against him it would of stopped him from going to power, well no because there was no opposition to join, communist parties were made illegal and any other party was soon carted off, Nazi officials controlled the polling stations so terror made them rise to power.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
May 15th, 2006 at 11:49am
NeoSteph:

Well to alex about how if enough people went against him it would of stopped him from going to power, well no because there was no opposition to join, communist parties were made illegal and any other party was soon carted off, Nazi officials controlled the polling stations so terror made them rise to power.

Yeah, but what if everyone disagreed with him? He couldnt invade Poland, or France or anywhere else, if no-one had agreed with him. They could have just plain refused. They're no way he could sack everybody, so he'd have to relent.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2006 at 04:50pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:

Yeah, but what if everyone disagreed with him? He couldnt invade Poland, or France or anywhere else, if no-one had agreed with him. They could have just plain refused. They're no way he could sack everybody, so he'd have to relent.
Well, he really didn't have a problem "sacking" everyone, I mean by the end of WW2, 50,000,000 people had died, not all from Nazi causes, but alot of them had. He had Nazi support, and they had power, so really, they had a shockingly powerful rule.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
May 15th, 2006 at 06:00pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:

Well, he really didn't have a problem "sacking" everyone, I mean by the end of WW2, 50,000,000 people had died, not all from Nazi causes, but alot of them had. He had Nazi support, and they had power, so really, they had a shockingly powerful rule.

That's what I'm saying..that Hitler and his followers [i.e..the Nazi "posse"] were mainly responsible.
Matty.
King For A Couple Of Days
Matty.
May 19th, 2006 at 12:11am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
NeoSteph:

That's what I'm saying..that Hitler and his followers [i.e..the Nazi "posse"] were mainly responsible.

^^^ pretty hard to argue with that ^^^
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 06:37pm
its all of there falt somehow
Kitti
Kitti
June 13th, 2006 at 09:27pm
_insertstupidnamehere_:
its all of there falt somehow
Go onnnn...
Who do you think is most at fault?
Why?

Do you hold yourself accountable as a human for letting it happen? Or do you brush it off as a fragment of the past that you have nothing to do with?
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 12:23pm
no, 3, it was his orders!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 14th, 2006 at 01:45pm
its humanitys fault.
damn*skippy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
damn*skippy

Blog
August 27th, 2006 at 07:02pm
ahhh, finally. i just read all 20 pgs so would know what has been going on. anyway.....

I noticed no one mentioned that Hitler wasnt really voted in. The former kaiser (i forget his name) gave him power, then he arranged a fire, and blamed it on the communists, and faked a communists conspiracy theory. Then somewhere in the german constitution of the time, it said that dictatorial power could be given in time of crisis. Hitler being the leader deemed it a time of crisis. There were elections, but germany was in a really bad time thanks to the reperations they were being forced to pay, and the depression, which caused inflation which added to the problems, and Hitler, and the Nazi party promised the people all kinds of things, and we're really the only people you could vote for at the time.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2006 at 07:40pm
damn*skippy:
ahhh, finally. i just read all 20 pgs so would know what has been going on. anyway.....

I noticed no one mentioned that Hitler wasnt really voted in. The former kaiser (i forget his name) gave him power, then he arranged a fire, and blamed it on the communists, and faked a communists conspiracy theory. Then somewhere in the german constitution of the time, it said that dictatorial power could be given in time of crisis. Hitler being the leader deemed it a time of crisis. There were elections, but germany was in a really bad time thanks to the reperations they were being forced to pay, and the depression, which caused inflation which added to the problems, and Hitler, and the Nazi party promised the people all kinds of things, and we're really the only people you could vote for at the time.

Actually your time frame is completely messed up and inadequate.

The Kaiser (german version of King) was in control of the government in the first World War and abdicated on the 28th of November 1918, then President Hindenburg was voted in by the german public to form a democratic union.

The DAP (to go on to become the Nazi Party) was formed in 1919 by Drexler and Harrer as a social workers party, Hitler moved to reform the party in december of that same year but did not gain control of it until 1922-23. When the Munich Putsch happened. Within the government the Nazi Party had a very small majority. However they gained support due to strong propaganda tactics and Hitlers increasing power as public speaker to bend the truth and place blame for the the Great Depression which took place in 1923.

It was not until ten years later in 1933, that because of increasing support Hitler was voted in by his peers to become Chancellor of the Democratic Republic, serving under Hindenburg who was distressed at the circumstances of the election (what can be considered a smeer camapaign which damaged all other candidates). Anyhow so because of Hitlers position support for the Nazi Party grew. Hitler was not able to take control of the government until Hindenburg had died in 1934, which is when Hitler gained control and yes he was voted in but the public was put under polling booth pressure. Well i've covered the rest in earlier post.

but this is what is wrong with your post

1. The Kaiser is world war one history, you have the wrong power source, your thinking of Hindenburg.
2. Hindernburg did not like Hitler and did not give him power, Hitler was the only choice left after a severly long and stupid race for chancellor. He becames President after Hinderburg died of old age
3. The 'fire' you talk about is the reichstag fire of 1933, Febuary 27th to be exact, the man charged and found guilty was van der Lubbe who was indeed a plant, he carried communist leaflets in his pocket so that it looked like a communist conspiracy (you got that right). The reason for this was so that Hitler could round up the communist party leader, so that in the elections coming up which would see hitler be made president, communist parties could not run. This led to the first concentration camps, which leads me right back on topic

But yeah they you go, Well done for reading all 20 pages not many people do that Very Happy
the dobious character
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the dobious character
September 25th, 2006 at 05:16pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Well it wouldn't have happened if Hitler hadn't been born. IMO.
Don't you know anything?! The Germans had a choice, and they agreed with what Hitler was saying. The Holocaust wouldn't have happened if the Americans kept their mouths shut at the Treaty of Versillies, because they stated that Germany was responsible for starting the war, and made them take all the blame, and war costs of everyone and other fees, when Germany was only involved because they were allies of the Ausrio-Hungarians who were to blame. Then Germany went completlety bankrupt, and the fact that it is huge in the Eurpean economy, caused the rest of the continent to follow suit. This fucked up the global economy and there for caused the Great Depression. The Germans needed someone to blame, and when Hitler said the Jews, they agreed, because at that point in Europe the Jews were being prosocuted (example Fiddler on the Roof) so it wasn't that big a change. The reason why Hitler suggested the Jews had to do with his childhood. His father was an achoholic, and abused him. So he only had a close relationship with his mother. His family had a nurse, and then his mother got ill, and died. Hitler being young blaimed her for his mother's death, and she was Jewish. Another thing is that the Jews did try to escape. Holocaust Memorial Day is actually the day there was a revolt at Aushwitz. Secondly, they couldn't leave because the Nazis seized the government so they couldn't leave, and all the surronding areas had been invaided. Even before that when a large ship filled with Jews tried sailing to America, it was turned away 3 times! In New York, in Miami, and San Fransisco, before FDR sent them back to their death. Also ever hear of the movie called the Great Escape? Watch that and than tell me that people didn't try to escape. Everyone blames Israel, but never thought that they do need to defend themselves against larger nations, but than go on about the poor Jews in the Holocaust, and then say the Crusaiders were good even though they murdered millions of Jews and Muslims for not being Christian. That makes me sick.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
September 26th, 2006 at 06:26am
i think that it was everybodies fault because the goverments could have done somthing to stop it and avoid it and they didnt, also we have to blame some of it on the people who used to live near they concentration camps and know what they were doing and not standing up and saying somthing to stop it.
PolymathDred
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PolymathDred
November 24th, 2009 at 07:40pm
I think that Hitler,the leader of the German nation bears a large amount of the responsibility for the holocaust.The reason I think Hitler is greatly responsible is because he was the speaker and a figurehead and was for policies that persecuted Jews.Although I do not think he bears all of the blame or even most of it. I beleave that the top SS officers who designed and executed the "final solution" for Hitler are the most responsible for the holocaust.The reason I beleave that the top SS officer are most responsible isbecause of the Wansee conference that decided that fate of the jews.Another reason is because it was the accountant power of Joesph Goebbels who was the chief architect of the Kristallnacht attack on the German jews, which historians consider to be the commencement of the Nazi violence culminating in the Holocaust, and the brute strength and terror of Himmler who was overseer of the concentration camps, extermination camps, and Einsatzgruppen that led to the destruction of Jews.
The German citizens that voted for Hitler and the Nazi party bare little responsibility.The reason I beleave they bear little responsibility is because the Nazi party was voted in under extreme circumstances, where the voting public were given little choice and Nazism was the only option at that time. Though Hitler made his anti-Semitic feelings known the extent of his feelings was not unleashed until 3 years after the voting booth had shut,and by then it was a dictatorship. In fact a percentage of Nazi supporters were Jewish, believing Hitler anti-Semitic remarks were personal rather than part of the regime. Though Jews were at the fore front of persecution a further 6 million people (3 million poles) were murdered. I don't believe that
apathy and ignorance of the voting public is to blame for the Holocaust.
The Residents of Auschwitz and other towns near the the concentration camps have very little responsibility for the holocaust because there wasn't much if anything they could do about it.

The mnor nazi soldiers bear litle responsibility.the reason i beleave that the bear ltel responsibility is because they were following orders and many of them had no choice but to carrie out the orders.
The Non Jewish Europeans who turned against their jewish friends and fellow citezns also have a little responsibility.The reason they have some responsibility is because they chose ether not help or to ignore the atrocities of the Holocaust.
The leaders of the Allied countries arwho saw ezedence of the Holocaust but refused to get involved or voice opposition to Hitler's plans have a lot of responsibility.The reason i think they have a lot of responabilty is because they let the Holocaust happen with out intervention.
The churches (mainly the Catholic church) are partly responsible because for much of the war, the Pope maintained a public front of indifference and remained silent while German atrocities were committed. He refused pleas for help on the grounds of neutrality, while making statements condemning injustices in general.
Willow
Geek
Willow
November 24th, 2009 at 10:04pm
1. Residents of towns near concentration camps who knew about them but did nothing to stop them
2. Minor Nazi Soldiers
3. Hitler
4. People who voted for Hitler and the Nazi Party to revitalize their morally and economically depressed country
6. Top SS officers who designed and executed the 'Final Solution' for Hitler
7. Non-Jewish Europeans who turned against their Jewish friends and citizens, fearing they'd be imprisioned as Jewish sympathizers
8.Leaders of the Allied countries who had evidence of the Holocaust but refused to get involved or voice opposition
9. Churches of all denominations who remained silent and refused to intevene

as the song goes, "silence is the enemy"
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
November 25th, 2009 at 10:21pm
It's all oils fault.
Really.
And economy.
Plain and simple.
Register