GUNS!!!

AuthorMessage
redgreendayfan
Geek
redgreendayfan

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 10:35am
i hate guns, i agree that they should be kept on farms but people outside farms and the army shouldnt be able to have them or get anywhere near them. i have always hated guns and i always will hate guns, i dont agree with hunting and thats one of the main reasons people have guns its a cruel and horrible thing to do.i dont like animal cruelty which is the reason i dont eat meat and am against hunting.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 12:58pm
I was getting my ID card renewed yesterday and in my village or district, the woman in charge of the ID cards is also in charge of arms distribution. I hate going there.

First of all, there are guns everywhere in her office. Not only am I very uncomfortable there, but I don't think that I'm alone and it's very difficult for me to walk anywhere without touching a gun and that is something I try to avoid at all costs.

Second of all, everytime I go there, there's always a guy with a revolver in hand. It scares the living daylights out of me. It isn't at all necessary, I'm not a bloody Southern insurgent and my pockets are too small to carry bombs.

Third of all, because I wasn't born in Thailand, she finds it necessary to give me more trouble than I rightfully deserve as a Thai. I've asked almost every Thai person I know, and paying for your ID card is universally unheard of except for me just because I wasn't born in Thailand even though I have a Thai passport, my old ID card, and a government approved Thai birth certificate. She charged me 1,400 baht in total for my card. I usually would blankly refuse to pay, but those guns, they unerve me and I end up going to the cleaners.

Forthly, I went there and back four seperate times. Like I said before, she for some reason discriminates against me and makes me do usually unecessary stuff. Most people just bring their registeration form to prove their citizenship, so that's what I did on my first trip. But then I needed my old ID card, so I went and got that too. Then next time however, I also needed my Thai passport so I went back to get that as well. Finally, all of a sudden I also needed my birth certificate so I had to go back and get that again. She told me that I had to get them or pay her. The government is much too corrupt. Again, I almost threatened to call my uncle who is a senior member of the Thai government, but those damn guns. They fill me to the brim with fear. I couldn't look her in the eye, I was scared replacing her eyeballs would be gun barrels or something.

Yesterday a rifle fell on me when I sat down in the chair. I didn't see it propped against the wall and it fell on me, and I let out a shriek sorta thing. Frightened to death.

That place isn't all bad though. There's a big temple nearby that's extremely photogenic and some nice vendors selling fish. The other staff in the building were much nicer too and I enjoyed theirr prescence much more because the guns were only confined to that evil woman's office.

It's funny because I look so foreign to them so after they took my picture for the ID card a bunch of people kept on asking to see the card to see if my picture was pretty. Lmao. Those are the nice people.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
July 14th, 2007 at 02:44pm
I love guns. Cassie Really, that's only because I watch too many crime based TV shows and have learned to associate them with intelligence and power and stuff. I want a gun because for some reason I think they're cool and I just like the idea of having one. It's probably a good job that we're not allowed them in England because I don't think I'd trust myself to have posession over something like that.

But seriously? I don't think guns are a good thing. They're made for one purpose and that purpose is illegal so unless we're permitting the act of murder we should have no need of them. There's no point in having something that you're not going to use.
From what I know (which probably isn't that much) you're allowed guns in America and there's no age limit to purchase one. Well there probably is but I have no idea what it is.
If the American Government thing insists that people living in that country are allowed guns I think they should make it illegal to buy or posess one under the age of 100. Hahhaha. No seriously, under the age of 21. I just think that would be a safe age. Hopefully by then most people will have figured out that unless they want to spend the rest of their life in jail, there's really no point in having a gun.
St.Billie.
Idiot
St.Billie.
March 5th, 2010 at 12:33pm
I´m afraid of them...
NiiMoz_Misery
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
NiiMoz_Misery
March 5th, 2010 at 04:26pm
redgreendayfan:
i hate guns, i agree that they should be kept on farms but people outside farms and the army shouldnt be able to have them or get anywhere near them. i have always hated guns and i always will hate guns, i dont agree with hunting and thats one of the main reasons people have guns its a cruel and horrible thing to do.i dont like animal cruelty which is the reason i dont eat meat and am against hunting.
i think in todays society, especially within America, hunting is unneccesary, we have food, and hunting like you said is cruel, if it's just for game
however why shouldn't the military have weaponary? The military is put in place to protect it's nations citizens, and when war comes around you don't wanna be the hippie nation with no defense,...cuz then your screwed
PoliceStatePetrolBom
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PoliceStatePetrolBom
May 5th, 2010 at 08:23am
I used to be EXTREMELY anti-gun but then looked into some stuff and did a 180 and am now very PRO-gun (before I didn't even know why it was in the U.S Constitution)
Aliiiiii.
King For A Couple Of Days
Aliiiiii.
May 5th, 2010 at 09:25am
Guns terrify me.

I've lived in both England and America and I've felt the same about them in both places, even considering the legalities and whatnot.

It's easy to get ahold of one. So what's stopping anyone, especially considering some things that people think are appropriate, from just starting a shoot-out anywhere?

Obviously, fortunately, most gun owners are perfectly sane and sensible with their guns. But if anyone can get one... ergh. It just scares me.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
September 8th, 2010 at 11:49am
If they ever got rid of our guns there would be hell to pay. I don't have one myself, but I think people should be allowed to have them. My dad has a couple (I don't know where). I'm glad he has them though. You know, just in case.

When I saw Ted Nugent in concert he had like 10 guns on stage (they may have been fake and if not they were obviously unloaded). It was awesome. I've never held a gun or anything, but I wouldn't mind learning. You know, just incase. I think teaching gun safety is a must too.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
September 8th, 2010 at 03:28pm
yeah, i think that like, a certificate that says "this person know about how to clean, aim, fire and safety regarding guns" to purchase a gun. I mean, the person would just have to take the license once (or maybe renew it every 10 years or something, idk), i just think it would be more responsible than saying "oh sure. you have to wait three days and be over the age of 21, but otherwise here ya go."

guns scare me a bit. I've fired both a rifle (actually, about three or four times) and a handgun. I didn't get a thrill or feel ... idk excited about holding a gun, but i thought it was fun, because i was with friends.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
September 8th, 2010 at 03:59pm
it's weird for me to read about peoples parents having guns in their home because it's very rare in Canada (at least around where i live) for people to have guns unless it's for like hunting (which i still haven't seen)

i've never seen a real gun before
and if i ever saw someone with one i would like freak out and run Laughing

i don't understand why people need them. i don't think having them just to be safe is a good reason.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
September 9th, 2010 at 04:38pm
Guns freak me out. 'Nuff said.
Cereal Killer
Geek
Cereal Killer
September 10th, 2010 at 12:47am
I love guns. I don't hunt, but I like target shooting and my dad collects them, I guess learning about them is kind of a hobby of mine.

I see absolutely no problem with keeping firearms legal as long as there's regulation in who can purchase them and requiring a safety class. Crimes committed with guns are very rarely by legal owners, mostly criminals who buy them second-hand or steal them. When Obama got elected, gun purchases soared, and crime rates dropped dramatically, coincidence? Or are criminals afraid to fuck with someone who's armed?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
September 11th, 2010 at 09:43am
BillyJoezzz:
it's weird for me to read about peoples parents having guns in their home because it's very rare in Canada

This. Kimveer Gill somehow got his hands on a gun 4 years ago and went on a shooting spree at Dawson College in Montréal, only 20 minutes from where I live and where a lot of my friends go now.

IMO, no one should own a gun just because (if you're a law abiding hunter with the proper documentation and license, that's a different story, even though I don't agree with hunting either).

I don't care how well you hide it, there's ALWAYS a chance that somehow one of your kids will find it, and decide it would be a cool addition to their game of cops and robbers, not understanding that it would ACTUALLy kill someone.

And having one "just in case"? for "self defense"? Yeah, okay. Aside from the fact that the average person would never be in a situation where that would be remotely necessary, the next time someone's in your house coming to get you, you're just going to whip out your gun at them? Chances are they are much more trained with theirs than you are, and threatening them will provoke them into doing more harm to you then they otherwise would have. And what if you, excuse the expression, jump the gun? You kill someone in "self defense" with your handy little gun, when it turns out that when you go to court, the judge doesn't see it that way and sentences you to 2nd degree murder?

I say leave guns to the professionals.
Cereal Killer
Geek
Cereal Killer
September 11th, 2010 at 01:36pm
^ That's why you teach kids gun safety. Keeping them ignorant about them is asking for trouble, it's like preaching abstinence and saying nothing about safe sex.

And as far as someone breaking in, basically, shoot first. When someone has broken into your house, it's within the law (in the US, not sure about other countries) to shoot them. About 1.5 million homes in the US are broken into each year, that works out to a pretty decent chance of it happening sometime in your life. And most gun owners do practice target shooting, and even if you don't, someone in your house is going to what, 20 feet away? Not exactly sniping.
Batfreak
King For A Couple Of Days
Batfreak

Blog
September 11th, 2010 at 04:39pm
I HATE guns. I completely despize them. My grandpa has guns at his house, and I never want to go over there. I have to be physically forced to go over there for family things. They practice shooting guns and all that. They hardly even have them locked up! I hate guns, and I'm practicaly afraid of them too. I have such horrible fears of guns, it's not even funny. My little 10 YR OLD brother is like OBSESSED with guns! He does nothing but talk talk talk about them. He plays Call of Duty EVERY day. I hate it! He jus don't shut up about 'em! It's SUPER rare seeing me play a shooting game. I'll play like Halo and fantasy games like that, but any game based on something that really COULD happen in real life, I won't play. Grand Theft Auto? HELL NO! War games(call of duty, etc)? Maybe. Halo? Yeah, probably. All-in-all, my point here is: I HATE GUNS! I don't like 'em. If you're gonna have a gun, get your ass a backround check and a permit thing.
out_sider.x
Geek
out_sider.x
October 22nd, 2010 at 07:01pm
Where I live, everyone is obsessed with guns. Shocked
That's literally ALL they talk about.
Most of the time I don't understand gun-speak.
But I don't really mind guns.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 19th, 2011 at 06:28pm
Bringing this back to life in light of the shooting in Arizona a couple weeks ago.

I think slack gun laws are ENTIRELY to blame. Say what you want about the fact that Jared Laughner is a disturbed young man, and that people around him should have seen it coming, and that's true. But the difference is this clearly disturbed man, who had been kicked out of school for his outbursts and was recommended to get a psychiatric evaluation, was able to walk into a store and purchase a semi automatic rifle and kill six innocent people.
Batman.
Falling In Love With The Board
Batman.
June 28th, 2011 at 02:42pm
I feel so awkward for bringing this back but it seems nobody else is making this argument -- rather, not enough people are making this argument for people to understand it.

1.) The gun did not get up and shoot itself. The person behind the gun is responsible for shooting someone.
BLAMING GUNS FOR CRIME IS THE SAME THING AS BLAMING A PENCIL FOR MISTAKES.
Hating guns, imo, is stupid. Like a Mod said earlier, many different weapons can be used in a murder. Knives. Pans. Bats. Does this suggest we should ban cooking pans because somebody was hit in the back of the head with one and died? No. Guns did not commit the crime, the person did, this is why the person does time in jail, not the gun.

2.) A lot of people (and I would know, my father and all of my cousins hunt) get permits are actually quite responsible behind a gun. It is of the persons own accord if they are going to use a gun with the intent of killing or injuring someone.

3.) If guns really are banned, like many of you want, what do you think you're going to do if someone robs your house? Are you going to be safer than the person who keeps a gun in their house? Because, as someone stated before, in the US it is legal to shoot somebody breaking into your home. If you think you can defend yourself with ignorance, I wish you good luck. And if you think you're totally prepared to stab somebody with a knife if the time comes, I wish you good luck as well.

4.) I saw this argument too. "Why shoot somebody? They're a human being, they have feelings, too." Yeah, okay, he had feelings. He was a kind, kind man. You know who else was a beauty? This guy. Nope, they totally should have lived, they just had a lot of feelings.

5.) And also, excuse me @ the debate on Columbine. Do you think, if guns had been banned, Columbine wouldn't have happened? Those boys were sick and twisted. The absence of guns would NOT be a factor -- they would have merely STABBED everyone instead. They could have used ANYTHING to murder those people, they just happened to be guns.

6.) If a little kid finds a gun, shoots it, and happens to kill someone, no, it is not technically the kids fault. (I believe this is still classified as manslaughter though, please correct me if I'm wrong?) However, do you think a pair of well educated parents who care for their children would even leave guns around in the house? In this case, is it not fair to blame the parenting, or lack of parenting thereof, for the killing? (My parents keep guns in my house, and I have young siblings, but our guns are locked in a safe in the basement.)

I REST MY CASE.
Batman.
Falling In Love With The Board
Batman.
June 28th, 2011 at 03:06pm
worn-out astronaut.:
Little Death.:
Okay, again, I'm against guns.

They kill innocent people. I don't think you need a gun to protect you house or something, if nobody has a gun.
Interesting. I have never thought of it that way.

Are you suggesting that Osama Bin Laden was innocent?
Perhaps all of the serial killers were innocent?
I'm sorry but guns don't kill innocent people alone. They kill people that perhaps have a knife and are threatening to murder your family. They kill someone holding hostages. They kill a man who raped you. They protect you from people that do not deserve, under any circumstances, to roam the streets.
Sure, a gun can go off and kill an innocent bystander. So can anything else. A horse can kill an innocent bystander. Anything can kill an innocent bystander.
My point is that the point of guns is not to kill innocent people alone, which it seems is the claim you're making.
(also sorry that this reply is a few years late, this just needed to be said.)
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
June 29th, 2011 at 12:48pm
James McAvoy.:
worn-out astronaut.:
Little Death.:
Okay, again, I'm against guns.

They kill innocent people. I don't think you need a gun to protect you house or something, if nobody has a gun.
Interesting. I have never thought of it that way.

Are you suggesting that Osama Bin Laden was innocent?
Perhaps all of the serial killers were innocent?
I'm sorry but guns don't kill innocent people alone. They kill people that perhaps have a knife and are threatening to murder your family. They kill someone holding hostages. They kill a man who raped you. They protect you from people that do not deserve, under any circumstances, to roam the streets.
Sure, a gun can go off and kill an innocent bystander. So can anything else. A horse can kill an innocent bystander. Anything can kill an innocent bystander.
My point is that the point of guns is not to kill innocent people alone, which it seems is the claim you're making.
(also sorry that this reply is a few years late, this just needed to be said.)

Well, first of all Osama Bin Laden has never been proven guilty. He has not even had a trial or had the rights that today's society tries to promote. He was killed in his own house, along with his family, by some soldiers from US at the order of the president. Does that seem right? I mean that is abuse of power and guns. No trial, no judge and the people who killed him go away unpunished. Nice.

Also, how many times in your life have you found yourself attacked? By people with guns, or your family attacked or assaulted and so on. Because as far as my life goes, neither I nor anyone I know has found themselves in a limit situation where they needed a gun.

Moreover, in how many countries apart from US (where apparently it's just fine for normal people or any psycho neurotic to walk around with a gun) have their been cases reported of innocent people being shot randomly on the street or in schools/ high schools/ universities. Because in european countries I think that's pretty abstract.

So basically unless you live in like Libya or Afghanistan, I don't think you would necessarily need a gun to protect yourself or kill someone in self defence. That's why generally, police is for, they have guns to protect you from getting hurt by psycho killer rapists.

I'm sorry but I think guns are disgusting and have become rather unecessary in developed countries and in today's society. That is why they should have even more strict rules about people who get them.
Register