lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 12th, 2006 at 10:35am
HavingAGreenDay:
lyrical_gaah52:
A Melancholy Autumn:
I'm sick of seeing so many stories that boring and undescriptive. You know what I mean? Things just get straight to the point. No clever way to build up to it, nothing.

But of course, I have no room to talk. Rolling Eyes

Where has all the talent gone?

Apparently, I'm still searching for [more of] it.

Read Billie Joe and The Other Woman. Boring,boring,boring. I mean, the author was pretty good with grammar and all, but I was tempted to delete it. I think the author has a link to it in the thread for it.

There was no build up. nothing . "Their food came. They ate and talked about stuff. They left". Rolling Eyes I swear to god, it said almost exactly that.
Yeah but at the same time if the author is vacating this board, which she does, your comments could be registered as hurtful.

I don't think we should be directly pointing fingers at any one story.

And don't ever delete because you think the story is boring. That's not a reason to do so.

Yes, I know that. That's why I said I was tempted. If I thought content was a reason to delete a story, I would've done it.

But I didn't. Thats not fair to the author or any readers.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 12th, 2006 at 01:35pm
lyrical_gaah52:
HavingAGreenDay:
lyrical_gaah52:
A Melancholy Autumn:
I'm sick of seeing so many stories that boring and undescriptive. You know what I mean? Things just get straight to the point. No clever way to build up to it, nothing.

But of course, I have no room to talk. Rolling Eyes

Where has all the talent gone?

Apparently, I'm still searching for [more of] it.

Read Billie Joe and The Other Woman. Boring,boring,boring. I mean, the author was pretty good with grammar and all, but I was tempted to delete it. I think the author has a link to it in the thread for it.

There was no build up. nothing . "Their food came. They ate and talked about stuff. They left". Rolling Eyes I swear to god, it said almost exactly that.
Yeah but at the same time if the author is frequenting this board, which she does, your comments could be registered as hurtful.

I don't think we should be directly pointing fingers at any one story.

And don't ever delete because you think the story is boring. That's not a reason to do so.

Yes, I know that. That's why I said I was tempted. If I thought content was a reason to delete a story, I would've done it.

But I didn't. Thats not fair to the author or any readers.
Okay, I was just making sure you wouldn't have actually went ahead and deleted a story for that reason, even though you didn't with this one.

I'm not trying to get on anyone's case. Laughing But this is officially spamming now and I'm stopping. [/spam]
DudeO
King For A Couple Of Days
DudeO

Mibba
August 15th, 2006 at 05:42pm
Cant say my stories are any different, but I agree. Most of these stories are kind of boring.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 23rd, 2006 at 05:57am
Hope this isn't useless bumping, but i just found another trend. the whole "switching bodies" thing. its definitely on the rise. and while it's interesting for a while, it gets old. especially when billie ends up falling in love with random Jane who has his body and ignores his marriage. Rolling Eyes
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2006 at 05:42pm
Another trend:

12 year olds trying to write sex scenes.

I really don't bother with that. How can I? I'm 14. I don't know enough about it to write it.

Again, people need to write what they know!
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
September 10th, 2006 at 05:51pm
I think the biggest trend besides insta-love really isn't about the way the story is written, it's about the genre.

Too often are romance stories thrown on the table. It just goes to show how many people have heterosexual crushes on Green Day.

Losers. Cool
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2006 at 06:11pm
Rosé:
I think the biggest trend besides insta-love really isn't about the way the story is written, it's about the genre.

Too often are romance stories thrown on the table. It just goes to show how many people have heterosexual crushes on Green Day.

Losers. Cool

I'm writing about racism and murder. Surprised

That is true, though. Too often is a story a poorly executed journal of someone's fantasies. Rolling Eyes
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
September 10th, 2006 at 06:34pm
A Melancholy Autumn:
Rosé:

Losers. Cool

That is true, though. Too often is a story a poorly executed journal of someone's fantasies. Rolling Eyes
There you go, that should be interesting. Not that romance isn't interesting, because it is.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
September 10th, 2006 at 06:40pm
Rosé:
A Melancholy Autumn:
Rosé:

Losers. Cool

There you go, that should be interesting. Not that romance isn't interesting, because it is.

Well yeah.

I want to make it intense. It's actually becoming morbid.

See, the one I'm writing is about everything. Romance/Racism/Crime/Age/Self-Meaning. It's five different stories in a story. Odd...I know. Rolling Eyes

I do believe this is off subject, so just so it isn't so much spamming...

I see alot of these stories that are more like a movie script. There is only dialogue! It's so hard to keep up with who is saying what! Not to mention it get's extremely boring.
December Cynic
Geek
December Cynic

Mibba Blog
September 22nd, 2006 at 04:53pm
Acutally, I'm glad to see that there are quite a few authors on here putting out non-Green Day stories Very Happy

And I don't just mean they're replacing them with a different band Rolling Eyes

It's amazing what someone can do when everything is in their own hands, and they're not bonded by the facts & personalities of a band GZA
Wunny Bacon?!?
Jackass
Wunny Bacon?!?

Mibba
December 24th, 2006 at 07:17am
I agree with the entire thing aboot 'write what you know.' My story is aboot drug addiction and how it can ruin a perfectly good life, and, being 14, in the anti-drug club at school, and being afraid of getting in any trouble, had NO idea at all what it was like to be addicted to anything. So I googled it. I googled cocaine (which is what the biggest part of my story is about), LSD, marijuana, and alcohol addictions. I wouldn't consider myself the biggest espert on the topic now, but I do know enough to write a story about it.

That's just one example, but hopefully it'll make more people feel the need to actually research for their story.
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
December 27th, 2006 at 12:41am
Yes, it's good to write what you know, but no matter what: RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH! Cool
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
December 27th, 2006 at 12:46am
A 'trend', if you will, that I'm trying to work out is a several different stories involving past lives and whatnot. Directly and indirectly involing Green Day. My muse knows all about it and they're interesting ideas if I do say so myself.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
January 16th, 2007 at 03:32pm
I love how you need to have a clique of freinds or an-typical story for anyone to read it.
I don't know if that true, but all the stories I've written that are not a-typical,just about everything and I also don't belong to a clique,have gotten all of 3 hits.
Now granted I could just suck as a writer, be bad at selling my stuff to the public or don't know what matieral works and what doesn't....who knows
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
January 17th, 2007 at 06:12pm
Maiku's Requiem:
I love how you need to have a clique of freinds or an-typical story for anyone to read it.
I don't know if that true, but all the stories I've written that are not a-typical,just about everything and I also don't belong to a clique,have gotten all of 3 hits.
Now granted I could just suck as a writer, be bad at selling my stuff to the public or don't know what matieral works and what doesn't....who knows

"Better write for self and have no public, than write for public and have no self."
I know what you mean.
AndTheCowSaidMoo
Geek
AndTheCowSaidMoo

Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 11:22am
In the year or so that Ive been here, most of the stories are in the vein that you all discussed previously. I got used to it, but now try to avoid reading those types of things. I became selective in the stories I read, mainly because of the 'clique' issue, but also because they werent very interesting.
To keep fanfic enjoyable, you have to keep an element of reality. Stories are meant to take you away from your thoughts and allow you to daydream- to imagine. Thats kind of hard to do when you read that Billie met some chick, took her to Gilman and married her, all the time forgetting he had a wife and kids, if you know what I mean.

The stories I do read, are well written, throughly researched, have continuity (which alot of the others lack) and in some ways, I am able to relate to the characters.

I wrote a story and posted it. Admittedly, it was crap- but thats only beacuse it was well written in some places but rushed and a bit too choppy in others - sketchy, cos I based it on something that happened to me.
From reading all your comments here and looking at how much time and effort you guys put into the conception and birth of your stories, Im going to try and focus more on the finer details, rather than spitting out some one dimensional characters and cliches. For some of us willing to learn and take critiscism, I would like to think that you guys would be willing to help, if asked.

I have a tendency to ramble and stray from the point I was trying to make, but I hope you guys get what im trying to say here. I'll go now, before I turn this into an essay.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 11:43am
AndTheCowSaidMoo:
In the year or so that Ive been here, most of the stories are in the vein that you all discussed previously. I got used to it, but now try to avoid reading those types of things. I became selective in the stories I read, mainly because of the 'clique' issue, but also because they werent very interesting.
To keep fanfic enjoyable, you have to keep an element of reality. Stories are meant to take you away from your thoughts and allow you to daydream- to imagine. Thats kind of hard to do when you read that Billie met some chick, took her to Gilman and married her, all the time forgetting he had a wife and kids, if you know what I mean.

The stories I do read, are well written, throughly researched, have continuity (which alot of the others lack) and in some ways, I am able to relate to the characters.

I wrote a story and posted it. Admittedly, it was crap- but thats only beacuse it was well written in some places but rushed and a bit too choppy in others - sketchy, cos I based it on something that happened to me.
From reading all your comments here and looking at how much time and effort you guys put into the conception and birth of your stories, Im going to try and focus more on the finer details, rather than spitting out some one dimensional characters and cliches. For some of us willing to learn and take critiscism, I would like to think that you guys would be willing to help, if asked.

I have a tendency to ramble and stray from the point I was trying to make, but I hope you guys get what im trying to say here. I'll go now, before I turn this into an essay.
Hug
AndTheCowSaidMoo
Geek
AndTheCowSaidMoo

Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 01:09pm
Moo... hugged... Me... Shocked

Blush

Very Happy
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 01:14pm
SNORT... You made a damn good post

[/spam]
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 9th, 2007 at 09:19am
I'm seein a new trend at Mibba.

Stories dat r typd lik dis. Rolling Eyes I saw at least five of them. There'salso stries wear noone checks four speling misteaks.
Register