AuthorMessage
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 08:25pm
CristhyneS:
Pickle:
I know the feeling. It's something you can't quite put your finger on and describe.

That kind of feelings (the ones you can't put into words) have a name.

But yes, that happens quite a lot, I think.

You know, as I read through this thread I thought it is worth to PM some authors with a link to this thread when deleting their stories, or just to the ones that have some serious issues to overcome. But I've already PMed so manu authors with the helpful grammar tips thread when deleting their stories because of multiple grammar and punctuation issues, just to then have to delete their stories again because of the same issues.

I wonder if it's even worth it at all?

Probably they'd find it offensive or something and reply stuff like "i know why people is leaving this place, everyone is so bitchy and strict lately. fuck off and die, please".

Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't bother PMing anybody...

IMHO I think we as editors do enough when we send them the PM about WHY we are deleting the story chapter along WITH examples and corrected examples of the problems.

IF they are serious writers, they will find these threads...

The writers that give a crap will PM me back with a 'Thank You', the ones that don't either I get an nasty PM or nothing at all back...

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink...
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 08:43pm
sampalletband:
CristhyneS:
Pickle:
I know the feeling. It's something you can't quite put your finger on and describe.

That kind of feelings (the ones you can't put into words) have a name.

But yes, that happens quite a lot, I think.

You know, as I read through this thread I thought it is worth to PM some authors with a link to this thread when deleting their stories, or just to the ones that have some serious issues to overcome. But I've already PMed so manu authors with the helpful grammar tips thread when deleting their stories because of multiple grammar and punctuation issues, just to then have to delete their stories again because of the same issues.

I wonder if it's even worth it at all?

Probably they'd find it offensive or something and reply stuff like "i know why people is leaving this place, everyone is so bitchy and strict lately. fuck off and die, please".

Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't bother PMing anybody...

IMHO I think we as editors do enough when we send them the PM about WHY we are deleting the story chapter along WITH examples and corrected examples of the problems.

IF they are serious writers, they will find these threads...

The writers that give a crap will PM me back with a 'Thank You', the ones that don't either I get an nasty PM or nothing at all back...

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink...

Hence why I don't bother any more.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 08:48pm
Sometimes I see people get told to fuck off for being honest and writing a REAL review when it's bad. Think Then they all hate that person for being a bitch and what-not. Rolling Eyes

I don't get it.
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 09:03pm
Handguns For Hearts:
Sometimes I see people get told to fuck off for being honest and writing a REAL review when it's bad. Think Then they all hate that person for being a bitch and what-not. Rolling Eyes

I don't get it.

Yeah...I usually do that kind of reviews only on PMs to authors of stories I'm deleting and I get told to fuck off *shrugs* I don't even want to get into posting that on the comments of any story. If I don't like it I just leave it and press the back button. If I leave that kind of review on a story is jsut becaus I find that the plot might be interesting, so I say "why not?" Yet, the reaction is not good most of the time.

I don't care though.
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 09:34pm
The authors who don't care are the ones who think thier stories should win a Pulitzer Prize and when you try to be nice and take the time to offer advice that will do nothing but help them, they get offended, bustle thier porcipine pins and start bitching because they can't accept the fact that they did not do a good job and we're not kissing their butt and worshiping the ground they walk on.

Wow, that was a long sentence.

I don't PM. I'll leave them a review and if they really want to know more, they PM me and they thank me for my words and ask me if I could help them with the next chapter. I have gotten rude responses back, but I laugh because it's rather funny to me.
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 09:43pm
Pickle:
The authors who don't care are the ones who think thier stories should win a Pulitzer Prize and when you try to be nice and take the time to offer advice that will do nothing but help them, they get offended, bustle thier porcipine pins and start bitching because they can't accept the fact that they did not do a good job and we're not kissing their butt and worshiping the ground they walk on.

I don't PM. I'll leave them a review and if they really want to know more, they PM me and they thank me for my words and ask me if I could help them with the next chapter. I have gotten rude responses back, but I laugh because it's rather funny to me.

I will try to read some of your stuff...when I get some time *sighs*
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 10:53pm
I know that this was from another thread, but I wanted to bring it here for a minute since this TOTALLY EXPLAINS how I not only WRITE but READ anything.

Pickle:

That's good because I was thinking so hard on your story that I created a spin off in my head. I tweaked some details but your main plot was the same, for the most part. I do that when I get really into a story. If I can spin off of a story, I've enjoyed it so much that I replay the major points over and over in my head and it influences me.

Even though some stories had these wonderful plots but are not written as wonderfully, I still can enjoy reading them for what you described above.
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 11:54pm
CristhyneS:
Pickle:

I will try to read some of your stuff...when I get some time *sighs*

That be awesome. Thanks. And no rush, they'll be there whenever you're ready and I hope they're all I've been bragging about in your mind. Smile

Michelle, that one was written beautifully with a great plot. I really enjoyed that story. I think everyone should read that and overlook the spacing, but read it. It was wonderful. It restorted my faith in a good short story. My spin off and the original story is still swirling in my head. Love it. Oh, it's 'Don't Let Morning Come' or something very close to that. It's linked in the Alternate Stories thread. Awesome, two thumbs up.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
July 13th, 2006 at 01:08pm
I think a lot of the stories with the whole teenager falling in love with Billie Joe or whomever, came from that My Adventure with Green Day story with Laurie L.
Most made up story writer's have read it. It's where the girl kills her parents to go on tour with Green Day and blah blah blah. And for those who haven't read it, they've read other people's stories.
I seriously think that's how the idea of meeting the Green Day members by chance and falling for them came about.
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 01:35pm
I haven't read that story.

But the girl killed her parents? Surprised I'm not sure I'm interested.
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 02:23pm
CristhyneS:
I haven't read that story.

But the girl killed her parents? Surprised I'm not sure I'm interested.
It's not real. Green Day wrote it as a tribute to Lawrance Livemore from Lookout records and put it in Kerplunk
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 02:37pm
You know, I never thought of that and you're probably right. And the funny thing is I read it the other day. I pulled that cover out just to read that story. It's funny, not real and all that fun stuff.

I think someone who was working with Green Day, named Laurie wrote it. I don't think they did because Billie Joe called it lame and all.

And a lot of fanfictions follow that line. Heh, you're absolutly right! Kudos!
Madeluxx
Madeluxx

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 03:00pm
I know this has come up before but I really get bored of the same sort of storyline popping up all the time and it's the teenager going to a concert, going backstage, falling in love with a member bladibladiblah...
And to me that isn't a story or creative writing it's just a fantasy...I'm sure we've all had one at one point or another but it's not intresting because it just gets done over and over again!
And it's a shame because there are so many other brilliant plot lines out there people could come up with involving Green Day characters...so to me (not trying to sound harsh or anything) people who write stories like that shouldn't because it isn't a story...it's just a dream and it's just a bit TOO un-realistic!
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 03:04pm
I like you. Those are my exact thoughts!

Does anyone notice the cliques around here when it comes to stories or is just me?
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2006 at 03:06pm
Pickle:

Does anyone notice the cliques around here when it comes to stories or is just me?

I've noticed it. Rolling Eyes

And it's annoying. Maybe that's why I have no friends. Laughing
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 03:08pm
I try writing different kinds of stories, but I don't tend to put them up on GSB because people would probably think they're stupid, I noticed one time a story came out without Green Day, and everyone was like, when are they coming into it? It's stupid if they're not in it..it IS a Green Day site..but even so it's made up stories, not green day made up stories, I think stories without Green Day in are equally as cool =]] I just don't tend to submit mine.

So yeh..a story trend = WRITING ABOUT GREEN DAY
o_o Sorry if it's stupid lmfao
Madeluxx
Madeluxx

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 03:09pm
Pickle:

Yes deffinately! haha
And thanks Pickle I like you too... Cool
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 03:09pm
Don't write small. You're not saying anything to be ashamed about. I think the cliques are stupid and they are the reason why are up to our necks in bad stories.

It's a vicious cycle.

One person starts it with a C-list story and buddy thinks she can do it and does it exactly like her and another pal does it but brings it to a D-list and mate over there, who has been clicking 10 and going OMG it's the fekking shizzle! does it and it keeps going and going and going and going longer than the Engergizer Bunny.

I don't care if they don't like me as a person.
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 03:15pm
Jenni Jen:
I try writing different kinds of stories, but I don't tend to put them up on GSB because people would probably think they're stupid, I noticed one time a story came out without Green Day, and everyone was like, when are they coming into it? It's stupid if they're not in it..it IS a Green Day site..but even so it's made up stories, not green day made up stories, I think stories without Green Day in are equally as cool =]] I just don't tend to submit mine.

You're right when fanfiction is not just for Green Day but this is a GD site and the stories should pertain to what the site is about. However, it would be cool to have a section for other stories because GD isn't the only thing we discuss here. Hopefully this new storyboard will have a better environment for it.

I stand by it when I say that the fanfiction here should be Green Day but I think it would be cool if we had a section for non-GD fiction because I have a lot of that too.
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 03:15pm
Pickle:
Jenni Jen:

You're right when fanfiction is not just for Green Day but this is a GD site and the stories should pertain to what the site is about. However, it would be cool to have a section for other stories because GD isn't the only thing we discuss here. Hopefully this new storyboard will have a better environment for it.

I stand by it when I say that the fanfiction here should be Green Day but I think it would be cool if we had a section for non-GD fiction because I have a lot of that too.

Yeh, that would be cool Wink
Register