Story Trends

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 1st, 2006 at 08:34pm
a common one is the "next door neighbor" thing. and "teen love but then they break up and bilie gets together with adie or tre and mike get together with respective spouses, but teen sweetheart comes back into green day's life." i read a few stories of "green day member has affair with childhood friend." which were all really weird. and i couldn't stand after a while. one of the most idiotic common trends is "new girl comes to school, meets billie/mike/tre, becomes 'punk' ". oh and "new boy" or "new girl" high school stories come up a lot. Rolling Eyes
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
August 1st, 2006 at 08:40pm
okay.... I can't tell you how many stories start out with this:

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
My alarm was going off. I didn't want to get up so I threw/broke/hit/stomped the clock across the room. Damn another broken alarm clock.

It was another day of hell, the hell called (insert school name) High Schooll.

BLAH BLAH BLAH
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 1st, 2006 at 08:42pm
Pickle:
The trendy trend that I used to find really annoying but I've begun to do it myself just for the hell of it and see if it actually works is pork-barrelling your own stories. You got the threads, the avatars, the mentions in your cliques signatures (Which I'm just leaving to them, not me). There's nothing wrong with it! This is just the main place in the world that I've noticed this.
I used to feel the same way about it too. Then I discovered how much fun it can be to choose your characters and such. And in a way, it can make stories seem much more real for the readers.

And the threads...that's what this whole forum is about. Mr. Green
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 1st, 2006 at 09:53pm
HavingAGreenDay:
Pickle:
The trendy trend that I used to find really annoying but I've begun to do it myself just for the hell of it and see if it actually works is pork-barrelling your own stories. You got the threads, the avatars, the mentions in your cliques signatures (Which I'm just leaving to them, not me). There's nothing wrong with it! This is just the main place in the world that I've noticed this.
I used to feel the same way about it too. Then I discovered how much fun it can be to choose your characters and such. And in a way, it can make stories seem much more real for the readers.

I know. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it, but just used to bother me for some reason. Probably because if some story help thread was started, it would be ignored for everything else was so much more important. I don't know. I can't describe it.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 2nd, 2006 at 06:02am
sampalletband:

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
My alarm was going off. I didn't want to get up so I threw/broke/hit/stomped the clock across the room. Damn another broken alarm clock.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I KNOW! "meh meh meh...my life sucks...but then, I saw the most gorgeous boy with jet black hair and green eyes...meh meh meh..."

first time i read one of those, for some reason i was like "O_o. Why is harry potter in a gsb story?"

or even "i was getting yelled at pretty bad because im a real punk and i never do my homework but then, i saw this boy with spiky brown hair and cute little smile on his face. he said 'so you're a punk, too, huh?; " or something. heeeey...i gots an idear. sampalletband, would you assist me in writing a parody of all the shitty highschool/teen gd/ whatever random phony crap twelve year olds can cook up/etc, etc, all in one? i think it'd be really funny.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 2nd, 2006 at 06:25am
lyrical_mess52:
sampalletband:

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I KNOW! "meh meh meh...my life sucks...but then, I saw the most gorgeous boy with jet black hair and green eyes...meh meh meh..."

first time i read one of those, for some reason i was like "O_o. Why is harry potter in a gsb story?"

or even "i was getting yelled at pretty bad because im a real punk and i never do my homework but then, i saw this boy with spiky brown hair and cute little smile on his face. he said 'so you're a punk, too, huh?; " or something. heeeey...i gots an idear. sampalletband, would you assist me in writing a parody of all the shitty highschool/teen gd/ whatever random phony crap twelve year olds can cook up/etc, etc, all in one? i think it'd be really funny.
Trust me, it's been done before. Mr. Green
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 2nd, 2006 at 09:07am
Pickle:
HavingAGreenDay:
Pickle:

I know. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it, but just used to bother me for some reason. Probably because if some story help thread was started, it would be ignored for everything else was so much more important. I don't know. I can't describe it.

Okay, I have a more concrete reason as to why my suspcion of these threads are there. MORONS abuse the right and post oodles of threads bitching that their story takes to long to post and posts it and is like 'tell me wat u tink!' Psychos Then you have the people who don't post the threads but all their little friends do it for them and say that their pal's story is 'da bestest!!!!!! and we gotta check it out!!!! So many exclaimation points makes me hurl.

I think the parody idea is hilarious. Please send me a copy when you guys are done! Don't forget the fact that they're in a totally awesome band and she's the lead singer/guitarist but this is the first time she's ever picked up a guitar. . . . that always makes me roll my eyes.

Sorry, I had to vent.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 2nd, 2006 at 09:54am
Pickle:
Pickle:
HavingAGreenDay:
Pickle:

Okay, I have a more concrete reason as to why my suspcion of these threads are there. MORONS abuse the right and post oodles of threads bitching that their story takes to long to post and posts it and is like 'tell me wat u tink!' Psychos Then you have the people who don't post the threads but all their little friends do it for them and say that their pal's story is 'da bestest!!!!!! and we gotta check it out!!!! So many exclaimation points makes me hurl.

I think the parody idea is hilarious. Please send me a copy when you guys are done! Don't forget the fact that they're in a totally awesome band and she's the lead singer/guitarist but this is the first time she's ever picked up a guitar. . . . that always makes me roll my eyes.

Sorry, I had to vent.

hey um, why don't you work on it with us? one of us can do the first chapter, someone else can do the second chapter, and then someone can do the third chapter, and then it starts all over. i wannnna start!!!! do you wanna do chapter two? and then sam can do chapter 3!

and back on topic, i totally agree. there's like 33245632 new threads right now about "lmao my story inst lyk psting lololol. rred n tlel mi wtha u tkni!"
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 2nd, 2006 at 10:32am
Sure, I'd love to help. Just send your part to me when you're done and I'll add one and send it to the next person on the list. Oooh! It's like a big chain parody. . . this is gonna be fun!

BTW, Fallen is awesome!
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 3rd, 2006 at 11:18am
Pickle:
Sure, I'd love to help. Just send your part to me when you're done and I'll add one and send it to the next person on the list. Oooh! It's like a big chain parody. . . this is gonna be fun!

BTW, Fallen is awesome!

Aww...thanks! I haven't been getting too many comments. I was really hoping that a lot of people would read it. But more people read like, your stuff, or Liz's or Maddy's or Bianca's. but yeah. im one of the many tiny authors here. =P. i'll start working on my chapter. i already got the beginning down. but this is really off topic, so we should post it somewhere else. i'll start a new thread for it.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2006 at 12:05am

I've done the honor of submitting a non-GD story. ._.

I wanted to expand...
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 4th, 2006 at 12:08am
Handguns For Hearts:

I wanted to expand...
Great for character developement. Very Happy
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2006 at 12:14am
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

I wanted to expand...

Yeah, I wanted to do this coming of age sort of thing in stardom. I can't say I know how the stars live, but I just have to observe closely and interpret it the best that I can.

I think every character I come up with is part of me. There's always an element in there that is part of me, so in a way I'm developing myself.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 4th, 2006 at 12:25am
Handguns For Hearts:
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

I wanted to expand...

Yeah, I wanted to do this coming of age sort of thing in stardom. I can't say I know how the stars live, but I just have to observe closely and interpret it the best that I can.

I think every character I come up with is part of me. There's always an element in there that is part of me, so in a way I'm developing myself.
Every character we create comes from some sort of quality we have or an emotion we've been feeling. I think that's awesome you're branching out.

And your story sounds wicked. What's it called? Very Happy
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2006 at 12:32am
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

I wanted to expand...

Every character we create comes from some sort of quality we have or an emotion we've been feeling. I think that's awesome you're branching out.

And your story sounds wicked. What's it called? Very Happy

Waiting To Exhale.

Smile

See, I wanted to create a bad relationship, man hating situation, so I chose that title if you know what I mean. And Waiting To Exhale is and excellent movie. Retard

The other night, for the first time ever, I got some inspiration from my family. Both sisters are going through a divorce/break up and they were having one of those man shredding moments and I just got this spark to write it, but that's not the entire theme. It's just about growing up and getting past difficult situations...

One way or another, were all holding our breath waiting for something to pass, to be over with, you know what I mean?

It's not up yet though. Sad
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 4th, 2006 at 12:35am
Handguns For Hearts:

Waiting To Exhale.

Smile

See, I wanted to create a bad relationship, man hating situation, so I chose that title if you know what I mean. And Waiting To Exhale is and excellent movie. Retard

The other night, for the first time ever, I got some inspiration from my family. Both sisters are going through a divorce/break up and they were having one of those man shredding moments and I just got this spark to write it, but that's not the entire theme. It's just about growing up and getting past difficult situations...

One way or another, were all holding our breath waiting for something to pass, to be over with, you know what I mean?

Didn't you used to be an editor? No?

As soon as it's posted I'll give it a read. It sounds really interesting and I could use a read like this right now. Smile
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2006 at 12:36am
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

Waiting To Exhale.

Smile

As soon as it's posted I'll give it a read. It sounds really interesting and I could use a read like this right now. Smile

Nope. Never been an editor. Very Happy
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 4th, 2006 at 12:47am
Handguns For Hearts:
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

Waiting To Exhale.

Smile

Why not? You're good. Surprised
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2006 at 12:56am
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

Waiting To Exhale.

Smile

um...this is all really interesting, but i think this counts as spam. Sad .

a lot of people hand in non GD stories. fallen was orginally not GD but I decided to play around with the characters and give them some green day member characteristics. especially Tre, towards the middle of it. so yeah. i think expermenting with different character personalities helps you create characters. i didn't know how to create "Frank" at first, until I started playing with Tre's personality. and at that point, i realized i could bring Tre out of Frank in the form of Bring Me To Life.

yeah...im a hypocrite...i hope i don't get banned.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 4th, 2006 at 01:27am
lyrical_mess52:
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:
HavingAGreenDay:
Handguns For Hearts:

Waiting To Exhale.

Smile

um...this is all really interesting, but i think this counts as spam. Sad .

a lot of people hand in non GD stories. fallen was orginally not GD but I decided to play around with the characters and give them some green day member characteristics. especially Tre, towards the middle of it. so yeah. i think expermenting with different character personalities helps you create characters. i didn't know how to create "Frank" at first, until I started playing with Tre's personality. and at that point, i realized i could bring Tre out of Frank in the form of Bring Me To Life.

yeah...im a hypocrite...i hope i don't get banned.
Non-GD stories are still less trendy than Green Day stories. I don't consider that spam, but perhaps our chit chat about editors was. I was simply confused briefly, because I recalled seeing her editing and I wanted to know when her non-trendy story was being posted. Shocked
Register