Sports being compulsary in schools

AuthorMessage
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 20th, 2006 at 05:50pm
[Helena.Harlequin]:
I'm not really sure where i stand on this topic. For me, PE is embaressing, even when you can choose from 4 options at the start of the year what you want to do. My friend got denied from playing rugby because she would be the only girl. I don't think thats right. I personally think that I get enough exercise (walking 2 miles at least every school day), but I'm not so sure about other people. It could be made optional, because especially when you have alot of coursework and revision to do, it is better to focus on that then running about. I don't even think I get to do that much excersice in PE to be honest, and ALOT of it is humilliating.

Well thats my opinion, not sure if it helped, Very Happy

i find it humilating aswell, bullying atleast at my school happens a lot in gym class
billiejoeroxx
Geek
billiejoeroxx
November 23rd, 2006 at 11:54am
i actually like PE and sports. they are something to do so you won't get to bored.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 24th, 2006 at 10:06am
billiejoeroxx:
i actually like PE and sports. they are something to do so you won't get to bored.

computers and reading are something i do/enjoy so i don't get bored.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 24th, 2006 at 10:24am
Viva La Stupid:
billiejoeroxx:

Those are both very valuable skills, but they don't keep you physically fit and healthy.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 24th, 2006 at 11:50am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva La Stupid:
billiejoeroxx:

Those are both very valuable skills, but they don't keep you physically fit and healthy.

Neither do PE lessons in this part of the world...Think
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 24th, 2006 at 12:19pm
Bloodraine:

If I quit skipping gym Im sure it would keep me healthier Mr. Green
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
November 24th, 2006 at 12:23pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:

i dont know what pe lessons are like in USA but here they pretty much are just crap, when i was at school though we had cross country runnong and hockey, both of which are a good form of exercise and also swimming.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 24th, 2006 at 12:24pm
Lucifers Angel:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:

i dont know what pe lessons are like in USA but here they pretty much are just crap, when i was at school though we had cross country runnong and hockey, both of which are a good form of exercise and also swimming.
I love sports, so I actually really enjoy gym alot. However this semester I got stuck in Aerobics... and I hate it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 24th, 2006 at 12:26pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Bloodraine:

I love sports, so I actually really enjoy gym alot. However this semester I got stuck in Aerobics... and I hate it.

and there is not anouther gym class you could join? also we have to remember that we are also responible(sp) for looking after ourselfs, so we could get excersise after school example go swimming, running even cycling or g for a walk. The schools should not be wholely responisble for looking after us.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 24th, 2006 at 12:32pm
Lucifers Angel:

and there is not anouther gym class you could join? also we have to remember that we are also responible(sp) for looking after ourselfs, so we could get excersise after school example go swimming, running even cycling or g for a walk. The schools should not be wholely responisble for looking after us.

There is other grym glasses, but I can't switch this semester it would mess up the rest of my clsses.

The school isn't completely responsiable for our physical fitness, they are their to teach students things, and one thing they teach (or at least attemp to) is physical fitness, which is why I think gym should be compulsory.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 24th, 2006 at 12:34pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:

There is other grym glasses, but I can't switch this semester it would mess up the rest of my clsses.

The school isn't completely responsiable for our physical fitness, they are their to teach students things, and one thing they teach (or at least attemp to) is physical fitness, which is why I think gym should be compulsory.

yeah and for once we totally agree people should stop whining and just get on with it, also if people eat well perhaps they wouldnt feal like crap when they do do gym,
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 24th, 2006 at 12:44pm
Lucifers Angel:

yeah and for once we totally agree people should stop whining and just get on with it, also if people eat well perhaps they wouldnt feal like crap when they do do gym,

See! we can agree. Just not about prostitution Laughing
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 24th, 2006 at 12:53pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:

See! we can agree. Just not about prostitution Laughing

that anouther disscusion for anouther day i think, perhaps when i'm not to sore to ave a decent debate, because we dont argue we debate.

(i had 15 staples taken out of my stomach today and i am not in the mood to debate)
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 24th, 2006 at 12:56pm
Lucifers Angel:

that anouther disscusion for anouther day i think, perhaps when i'm not to sore to ave a decent debate, because we dont argue we debate.

(i had 15 staples taken out of my stomach today and i am not in the mood to debate)

I haven't seen you around lately, is that where you'v been?

I'll pm you before we get off topic.
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
February 4th, 2007 at 05:01pm
*getting back on topic, lol*
i detest PE.. and ppl might wonder why im doing it for GCSE but it wasnt by choice... cos of the amount of biology-ness in it anyone good at science got entered but it means mostly we only get 1 lesson of PE rather than 2... at 1h30m each though... but my PE teacher has swore at me on many occasions and called me a waste of space twice and we have too many chavs who hate you if u get on their team and there is sooo much bulling going on in the whole subject area and i got bullied a hell of alot so wen teachers start to i really hate it........ its fine if ur good at it... but if ur not sometimes ur just not.... u cant turn a carthorse into a racehore no matter how hard u try.
though i am really good at gymnastics and swimming... but there not "team" sports.. and dance mat playing isnt even an official sport.. cos if it was just about getting fit i can play dance mat and its even got calorie things tellin u how much u lost and stuff... but i just hate PE with a vengance for many reasons... some ppl may have good teachers and students but for me its hell.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 4th, 2007 at 10:31pm
I absolutely loathe physical education.

But I understand it's necessity, I just hate the bullshit they pull, trying to tell you that doing idiotic hand clap games and running all over the place will improve your health.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
February 5th, 2007 at 12:31am
the way it works at my school seems fine. all of my elementary years we had gym for like an hour a few times a week. in high shcool, it's 8,9, and 10 that's mandatory which is an hour everyday for a semester. it's not too bad. i personally didn't like all the running, but the sports were fine. in year 11 and 12, we can choose to take it or not, i chose not to =)

it's good to have p.e. since all ther other excersize most kids do these days are finger excersize [typing].
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
February 6th, 2007 at 07:48am
i dont see whats the big deal though about forsed PE.
i mean yeah kids need excersice but why does it have to be football and stuff... i dont like most "sports" but i am healthy cos i do alot of other stuff, i walk alot eat healthily (mostly), go swimming (which we dont do in our school), go horse riding (when i go to my cousins in the country) ect.. and i play dance mat... which isnt a sport but it is a method of getting fit.. i actualy like that as well.. well i say like i LOVE it.. but im not alowed to play dance mat in school am i?
i think we should have forced health lessons rather than PE, cos u dont have to know alot about every single sport or even any sport really to get fit. you just have to be sensibly with what you do do.
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
February 6th, 2007 at 07:50am
wow and i just typed that in my PE lesson... cos i got kicked out.. again this time for not having my kit cos we havnt always had PE on this day if ur in GCSE like i am its just been recently and i have had realllllyyyy major stuff going on recently so like i giave a shit bout my sport kit right now. Rolling Eyes
plus my teacher hates me.. she swears at me like crazy...... Coffee
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
February 6th, 2007 at 10:14am
Its compulsary here, as well. That doesnt mean that everyone participate. The most used excuse for the girls who thinks its lame to exercise at school is that either they forgot their sports clothes, the other is that they dont feel well/have their period.
I used to really dislike sports at school because [we have three classes: X, Y and Z.] all thee classes had sports together, at the same time and did the same sports. Its scheduled, what we have to do. Now, we have seperated sports which makes it easier, mostly because our class doesnt have a very good relationship to either of the other classes..
I do think that sports should be compulsary in schools. And i think that the usual excuses like they forgot their clothes, then they should get a note with them home or be sent home to get it. And if they say they feel ill, they should be sent home. Dno
It would help if you could have choices of what you wanted to do. So, for example, i dont like football, then you shouldnt have to play football.
Register