Kissing In School Plays?

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 25th, 2006 at 06:55am
well durr.:
as long as the pair that are kissing don't have some kind of STD i think it should be allowed.

Having a sexually transmitted disease shouldn't have anything to do with it. Eh
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 07:35am
well durr.:
as long as the pair that are kissing don't have some kind of STD i think it should be allowed.

the thing with STD is normally thet are transmitted by sexual intercourse. Unless of course the girl or boy have a cold sore which is called "herpes". Kissing in school plays should be allowed.

Bloody hell my so had to do a nplay and he had to kiss a little girl. He didnt like it very much mind because he thinks that girls smell.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
February 25th, 2006 at 12:50pm
We're doing "The Man of La Mancha" this spring here in the D-Rock. Kissing? Nay, good sirs! Aldonza is "ravaged" and Don Quixote has a scene with some Moors in which a girl clasps his hands to her breasts. Kissing is the least of our worries.

But you know what? We're not in elementary school. And this is acting. It's never REAL when you're ACTING. The ACTors PRETEND to do real things. If you edit out a kiss and make it a hug, the effect is ruined. If you choose to not do any plays that have kissing in them, you lose some fucking awesome plays.

I can see that there's difficulty based on age, but just gauge it based on maturity. Some middle-schoolers can handle it, and by high school I think we're mature enough to handle a kiss. Gasp. Shock and awe.
mikeluvva
Geek
mikeluvva
February 25th, 2006 at 02:08pm
we had lots of kissing in our school play of robin hood
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
February 25th, 2006 at 03:44pm
dirtyhippie:
We're doing "The Man of La Mancha" this spring here in the D-Rock. Kissing? Nay, good sirs! Aldonza is "ravaged" and Don Quixote has a scene with some Moors in which a girl clasps his hands to her breasts. Kissing is the least of our worries.

But you know what? We're not in elementary school. And this is acting. It's never REAL when you're ACTING. The ACTors PRETEND to do real things. If you edit out a kiss and make it a hug, the effect is ruined. If you choose to not do any plays that have kissing in them, you lose some fucking awesome plays.

I can see that there's difficulty based on age, but just gauge it based on maturity. Some middle-schoolers can handle it, and by high school I think we're mature enough to handle a kiss. Gasp. Shock and awe.

Yes. And the actor playing Don Quixote is a senior. I think he's mature enough for that...usually.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 26th, 2006 at 07:39pm
thats just utterly pathetic
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
February 26th, 2006 at 07:42pm
Their's such a thing as stage kissing where you pretty much kiss your thumb xD.

But if you don't wanna' do somthing, don't.
I think it should be a choice of the kid/teenager, not the city/state.
Baguelle
Baguelle
February 26th, 2006 at 07:44pm
It's stupid! I've never been in a play myself, but why is it banned there when teens do it all the time anyway?! You can't deny it. It's not like they're having sex on the stage or anything. Rolling Eyes
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 26th, 2006 at 07:59pm
I don't see anything wrong with it, wouldn't want to do it personally but you know, if its for the Art at 'em at it.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
March 2nd, 2006 at 01:08pm
We don't have school plays. And I'm sure no one would kiss anyone if we had one.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 2nd, 2006 at 01:35pm
Harlequin Girl:
We don't have school plays. And I'm sure no one would kiss anyone if we had one.

you dont have school plays my kids school has then about 8 times a year.
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
March 2nd, 2006 at 07:06pm
Bloodraine:
well durr.:

i thought it did. Eh
cause if you have Gonorhea or whatever...isn't that bad if you kiss somebody?
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
March 2nd, 2006 at 07:33pm
*rolls eyes*

Why does everyone feel the need to butt into other's business and personal choices?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 3rd, 2006 at 04:00am
well durr.:
Bloodraine:
well durr.:

i thought it did. Eh

you shouldnt kiss anyone with a cold sore
spam
Jackass
spam
March 3rd, 2006 at 11:55am
Vikki:
*stoner*:
Dinosaur Whore [Rawr]:
*stoner*:
if you dont wana kiss then dont play the part where your going to have to.
All laws are pathetic now anyways. If they dont wana do it then dont but clearly no ones that bothered if they do... besides if you have a crush on the guy you have to kiss all is good.

Yeah but, my music teacher, is amazingly strict and evil. If you said you didn't wanna do that part..literally she would go crazy. She's really scary. Shocked

our school doesnt do anything good. our music lesson, she gave us a 35 min lecture on how shes a qualified teacher and were not, we have no qualifications and never will, we know nothing about music and we should all bow down to her. then she made us go on key boards and fuck about till the bell went. music lessons suck, she freaked out coz i touched the drums grrrrrrr
OMG dude, our music teacher did that, lol, it was quite funny, it sounded like something off of Matilda 'I'm smart you're dumb...' lol and he said this 'I have been to college I have all the knowledge' it was so retarded it was funny! lmfao

lol, music teachers suck actually all teachers suck. they think they no it all Twisted Evil
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 3rd, 2006 at 01:25pm
well durr.:
i thought it did. Eh

Sexually transmitted diseases...funnily enough, they transmit through sex.

If you kiss someone with Gonorrhoeae it won't do anything (it being an infection of the genitourinary tract). It must be sexually transmitted. Not orally transmitted. You get me?
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
March 3rd, 2006 at 02:05pm
it's just acting whats the big deal
Band Geek
Geek
Band Geek
March 3rd, 2006 at 10:18pm
There's no way my school would have a play with kissing in it, it's a Catholic all girls school.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 3rd, 2006 at 10:22pm
froggie_dana:
There's no way my school would have a play with kissing in it, it's a Catholic all girls school.

lmfao that made me laugh so damn hard
waiting_a_long_time
Idiot
waiting_a_long_time
March 4th, 2006 at 05:53am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
froggie_dana:

lmfao that made me laugh so damn hard
our school doesnt do plays but im sure that if they did. kissing would be banned. you get afternoon detentions for putting your arm aaround someone of the opposite sex who is crying
Register