Concert Tickets!

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 02:50am
NeoSteph:
I buy tickets off ebay, if i need to go to a gig. I also sell tickets on ebay if i can my hands on them, there was a time when i believed it was wrong and i still think it is.

but if you can't change the system.....exploit it.

granted i don't buy 30 tickets, in fact most ticket stations will put a 6 tickets maximum on accounts, but i managed to get 4 red hot chilli pepper tickets for earls court so i'm selling two of them. I don't feel bad about it because i've had to buy tickest of obscene amounts of money.

i think it's disgusting and exploitation of other people.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2006 at 02:53am
Magne:
NeoSteph:
I buy tickets off ebay, if i need to go to a gig. I also sell tickets on ebay if i can my hands on them, there was a time when i believed it was wrong and i still think it is.

granted i don't buy 30 tickets, in fact most ticket stations will put a 6 tickets maximum on accounts, but i managed to get 4 red hot chilli pepper tickets for earls court so i'm selling two of them. I don't feel bad about it because i've had to buy tickest of obscene amounts of money.

If people are willing to buy them, then it's their choice. From my view i make very little money and this way i can make some cash.

I would never sell charity tickets like live 8 but anything else is fair game.

Also why is it disgusting, what the difference between buying it from ebay and from a reatailer, granted it's a bit more money but it's very legal and it gives people a better chance of retaining a ticket, seeing as ticket sellers can be very corrupt with who they sell to.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 02:55am
NeoSteph:
Magne:
NeoSteph:

If people are willing to buy them, then it's their choice. From my view i make very little money and this way i can make some cash.

I would never sell charity tickets like live 8 but anything else is fair game.

ok i'm talking about the people who will put for example placebo are playing blackpool and they cost from proper sellers £20 ish's and i saw one tickets on e bay for £120 what the FUCK!!!
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
March 1st, 2006 at 11:02am
i dont like your post. it implies that ticket touts began touting, as it were, when ebay began. wrong. touts have been around for ages and will be around for longer still. the way to avoid touts is to buy the tickets on the day they come out. ever thought of that?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2006 at 11:05am
It isn't just concert tickets too, I'd like to add.

Look at the world cup tickets, for example.

My Dad once sold his concert ticket on eBay (he couldn't go because of a funeral). He sold it at the value he bought it, so he wasn't deliberately exploiting people.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 11:59am
rusty:
i dont like your post. it implies that ticket touts began touting, as it were, when ebay began. wrong. touts have been around for ages and will be around for longer still. the way to avoid touts is to buy the tickets on the day they come out. ever thought of that?

i know touts have been around for yours but things like e bay make it easier to exploite people. And yes i did go down the day the tickets were realeased but they ahd sold out on line, and unless i was willing to camp outside all night the what else could i do? They shouldnt be allowed to sell 30 tickets at a time, its bad and disgusting.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 12:01pm
Bloodraine:

My Dad once sold his concert ticket on eBay (he couldn't go because of a funeral). He sold it at the value he bought it, so he wasn't deliberately exploiting people.

that was an unforseen curcumstance which e bay is good for, my point is why doers one seller want 30 tickets and then sell them all on e bay, e bay should limit the amount of adds people put on there, just my opinion, MAN I AM SOOOOO ANGRY!!!
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
March 1st, 2006 at 12:01pm
Magne:
i know touts have been around for yours but things like e bay make it easier to exploite people. And yes i did go down the day the tickets were realeased but they ahd sold out on line, and unless i was willing to camp outside all night the what else could i do? They shouldnt be allowed to sell 30 tickets at a time, its bad and disgusting.

no it does not. most touts make more money by buying and selling outside the venue.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 1st, 2006 at 12:02pm
rusty:
Magne:

no it does not. most touts make more money by buying and selling outside the venue.

e bay can let some one put sdo many adds on there for tickets one tout is just that one tout.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2006 at 06:12pm
Magne:
Bloodraine:

that was an unforseen curcumstance which e bay is good for, my point is why doers one seller want 30 tickets and then sell them all on e bay, e bay should limit the amount of adds people put on there, just my opinion, MAN I AM SOOOOO ANGRY!!!

most places have a 2-4-6 tickest maximum, so selling 30 tickets to the same person is very rare.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 1st, 2006 at 06:14pm
Steph..?

You in Aussie now? How's it going?
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 1st, 2006 at 06:30pm
Lucifer's_Child:
Steph..?

married, sunburned and I bought a new surfboard. Very Happy It's 10 in the morning over here.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 1st, 2006 at 06:37pm
NeoSteph:
Lucifer's_Child:
Steph..?

married, sunburned and I bought a new surfboard. Very Happy It's 10 in the morning over here.

Aww, bless. Very Happy
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 2nd, 2006 at 03:18am
NeoSteph:
Magne:
Bloodraine:

most places have a 2-4-6 tickest maximum, so selling 30 tickets to the same person is very rare.

actaully over here in blackpool its common place to sell that many tickets.
chump
chump
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:11am
Green Day came here for only one concert in 2004 and
no one knew about it...
They sold the tickets 2 weeks before the concert. trk

700 tickets, one ticket: 12 €
I bought a ticket one day after the concert was
announced... on eBay for 70 €.

I was too late. Life's like that... People wanna make money.
Deal with that.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:14am
chump:
Green Day came here for only one concert in 2004 and
no one knew about it...
They sold the tickets 2 weeks before the concert. trk

700 tickets, one ticket: 12 €
I bought a ticket one day after the concert was
announced... on eBay for 70 €.

I was too late. Life's like that... People wanna make money.
Deal with that.

deal with the fact that there are money grabbing basterds out there who all they want to do is make money from other peoples mis fortune NO THANKS I WONT DEAL WITH IT,
chump
chump
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:17am
Magne:
deal with the fact that there are money grabbing basterds out there who all they want to do is make money from other peoples mis fortune NO THANKS I WONT DEAL WITH IT,

so.. what do you wanna do?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:19am
chump:
Magne:

so.. what do you wanna do?

i want to ban people buyiong 30 tickets for concerts, and i want e bay to put a lock on ticket touts, ACTUALLY!
chump
chump
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:20am
Magne:
i want to ban people buyiong 30 tickets for concerts, and i want e bay to put a lock on ticket touts, ACTUALLY!

nice idea... but i dont think theyll do it...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 2nd, 2006 at 10:22am
chump:
Magne:

nice idea... but i dont think theyll do it...

i know they wont and that makes it even worse for people like myself, Also when the phonics played blackpool they puit a lock on how many tickets were sold and if you bought any more with the same credit card then those tickets would not have been sent to you.
Register