MOVIE: Rocky Horror Picture Show

AuthorMessage
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
King For A Couple Of Days
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
June 24th, 2006 at 02:51pm
I just saw this earlier this week. It was...interesting. But I liked it. Cool

Umm...it was kind of about this engaged couple whose car broke down so they went to this creepy mansion to use the phone. The people inside the mansion were equally creepy and I believe they were actually aliens of some sort. Eh They were from the planet Transexual in the galaxy Transylvania or something. That's the extent of my summary.

Picture: Image
well.durr__hXc™
well.durr__hXc™
June 25th, 2006 at 12:29am
Is that the movie about the transvestites?
Sensual Violation
Geek
Sensual Violation

Mibba
June 25th, 2006 at 12:47am
Umm yeah, a couple's car breaks down and they go into this mansion and yes, the people there are aliens. One of them...is a transvestite and kinda 'makes' this hot guy (Rocky) to be his lover type thing but Rocky is interested in Susan Sarandon and then there's just all this weird stuff. I don't know...it's funny and worth watching.

Yeah, I'm not really good at summaries or explanations..
Buckfast Wine.
Falling In Love With The Board
Buckfast Wine.
June 25th, 2006 at 08:20am
I've never seen it.
But I know the whole soundtrack.
Confused
whoknows
Geek
whoknows
June 30th, 2006 at 04:36am
Stars Tim Curry as Frank-n-Furter, Richard O'Brien as Riff Raff, Meatloaf as Eddie and Susan Sarandon as Janet - to name but a few.

Original play was written by Richard O'Brien - saw it years ago in London - was a great experience. Film well worth a watch.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 30th, 2006 at 07:58am
rocky horror picture show has got to be one of my fav films and stage shows i have met richard o brian and he is funny in real life has he is on stage, and yes i did get dressed up in my suspenders and black make up to go and see it, it was a fun night better than any other night i have ever ever had in my whole life.

We-e-e-elcome to the Late Night Double Feature Picture Show! This Cult-Classic mixes elements of "Bride of Frankenstein" with "Forbidden Planet", "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and other classic Horror Flicks. This is a brilliantly conceived original, unsurpassed by any similar effort.

The heroes, a newly engaged young couple, are stranded with car trouble on a rainy night, looking to use the phone at the "Frankenfurter Mansion". They are in for a turbulent ride! There are some great song & dance numbers here, most noteworthy the "Time Warp" and the numbers involving "Eddie" (played by a then unknown Meatloaf). Tim Curry is delicious as the bisexual satyr-like Frankenfurter, who sees his young visitors as fair game for seduction.

The action is fast paced with one thrill after another. It's quite understandable that some fans have watched this film every Saturday at Midnight for the past 30 years. Get a bag of rice, toast, a squirt-gun, surgical gloves, etc, and have yourself a Rocky Horror Picture Show Party!

---------------------------------------------

http://www.uta.fi/~cstivi/rocky/welcome.html

http://www.godamongdirectors.com/scripts/rhps.shtml

The Time Warp
Riff Raff

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely
Magenta

Not for very much longer
Riff Raff

I've got to keep control
I remember doing the Time Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me
Riff and Magenta

And the void would be calling
Chorus

Let's do the Time Warp again
Criminologist

It's just a jump to the left
Chorus

And then a step to the right
Criminologist

With your hands on your hips
Chorus

You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane
Magenta

It's so dreamy
Oh, fantasy free me
So you can't see me
No, not at all
In another dimension
With voyeuristic intention
Well secluded, I see all
Riff Raff

With a bit of a mind flip
Magenta

You're into the time slip
Riff Raff

And nothing can ever be the same
Magenta

You're spaced out on sensation
Riff Raff

Like you're under sedation
Chorus

Columbia

Well I was walking down the street
Just a having a think
When a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink
He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise
He had a pick up truck and the devil's eyes
He stared at me and I felt a change
Time meant nothing, never would again
Chorus

Criminologist

It's just a jump to the left
Chorus

And then a step to the right
Criminologist

With your hands on your hips
Chorus

You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane

-----------------------------------------------
whoknows
Geek
whoknows
June 30th, 2006 at 10:21am
So Magne - you're a bit of a fan then!

I saw this on stage in London for the very first time when I was a very young impressionable 15 year old (ha ha) - did not have a clue what it was about just liked the sound of the title - what an eye opener!!!

Went again a few years ago (only slightly older and more clued in) and - like you - I had the most brilliant night ever!!!! Not as brave as you tho', I wimped out of the suspenders and dressed up as Riff Raff. Great for audience participation.

Did you notice Christopher Biggins in the film????!!!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 30th, 2006 at 10:43am
cc:
So Magne - you're a bit of a fan then!

I saw this on stage in London for the very first time when I was a very young impressionable 15 year old (ha ha) - did not have a clue what it was about just liked the sound of the title - what an eye opener!!!

Went again a few years ago (only slightly older and more clued in) and - like you - I had the most brilliant night ever!!!! Not as brave as you tho', I wimped out of the suspenders and dressed up as Riff Raff. Great for audience participation.

Did you notice Christopher Biggins in the film????!!!

yes i did notice christopher biggins, he is funny, i like the end of the film, can you imagine trying to explian to the police what happened they would think your mad and lock you away, there is a sequal to rocky horror picture show, but not many people know that, and it is no where near has good has the first film, can you remember richard o brain doing the crystal maze?
whoknows
Geek
whoknows
June 30th, 2006 at 11:04am
Magne:

yes i did notice christopher biggins, he is funny, i like the end of the film, can you imagine trying to explian to the police what happened they would think your mad and lock you away, there is a sequal to rocky horror picture show, but not many people know that, and it is no where near has good has the first film, can you remember richard o brain doing the crystal maze?

Never saw the follow up - was called Shock Treatment or something like that - thought I'd be disappointed cos sequel things are rarely as good as the original - and RHPS is as close to perfection as you can get.

Yep I remember him in Crystal Maze - he has the best sense of humour - some of those people were awful - dunno how he coped with them. Ed Tudorpole was OK but he weren't no Richard O'Brien.
Very Happy
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 30th, 2006 at 11:11am
cc:
Magne:

Never saw the follow up - was called Shock Treatment or something like that - thought I'd be disappointed cos sequel things are rarely as good as the original - and RHPS is as close to perfection as you can get.

Yep I remember him in Crystal Maze - he has the best sense of humour - some of those people were awful - dunno how he coped with them. Ed Tudorpole was OK but he weren't no Richard O'Brien.
Very Happy

i stopped watching it when richard finished, it just wasnt the same,

whats your favourate song from RHPS, mine has go to be Sword Of Democoles. richard o brian (i know i keep going back to him) is a genius.
whoknows
Geek
whoknows
June 30th, 2006 at 11:31am
Likewise Sword of Democles/I Can Make You A Man - (T T T T Touch Me .... classic Laughing )
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
June 30th, 2006 at 12:56pm
I am going to see the Live Show for the second time soon, and this film defined my childhood, when i was three i did a rather fab rendition of Sweet Transvestite and my aunts wedding lol.
But yeah one of my fav folm and the first time i went to see the live show it was awesome, that audience participation is immense and everyone is dressed up. This time when i go i plan on dressing up, my Gay friend Ian (fitting) is going as Frank of course and me well, Magenta or columbia lol
whoknows
Geek
whoknows
June 30th, 2006 at 04:23pm
Bet you have a brilliant time.

To anyone who's never been to a live performance but gets the chance - do it - you'll have a wonderful time. Wink
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 30th, 2006 at 04:55pm
cc:
Bet you have a brilliant time.

To anyone who's never been to a live performance but gets the chance - do it - you'll have a wonderful time. Wink

i second that, you dont want to be 60 and sitting in your rocking chair thinking what have i done with my life,
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
July 2nd, 2006 at 06:57am
I saw it when I was, like, seven, and I was totally confused/scarred/bewildered. Lmao.
I watched it agian when I was 12.
I wouldn't say I like it, but it's not the worst film ever.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
July 4th, 2006 at 03:18pm
tis good Cool songs are dead catchy Cool SUSPENDERS MATE!!!
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy

Mibba Blog
July 27th, 2006 at 08:44pm
I saw it when I was little and I loved it for some reason. Now my little brother wants to see it 'cause it looks all creepy and twisted. I remember I was 6 or so and I was hangin' out with my cousin and I found the tape of RHPS in her room. So I asked her what it was, and she laughs and goes, "Oh, you shouldn't watch that!" Laughing Then I saw it on tv and I liked it. Cool
Kat.
Geek
Kat.
July 27th, 2006 at 09:00pm
RHPS is a great movie. =]
megaaan
Geek
megaaan
July 28th, 2006 at 12:00am
Hi-fucking-larious
captain_carl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
captain_carl
July 29th, 2006 at 04:33pm
I saw the movie for the first time a couple days ago it is F**KING Briliant.

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!!

I can do this dance now by heart!!
Register