BOOK: Catcher In The Rye

AuthorMessage
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
March 18th, 2006 at 11:51pm
I thought he should've become a teacher. Cause there's not a lot he can get his head around but he likes his sister and doesn't mind kids. hmmm...It would've made a good ending.
suicidalbunny*
Idiot
suicidalbunny*
March 19th, 2006 at 04:53pm
Bamboozler:
I loved that book. I hate it though when we learn about good books in class because it becomes over-analyzed.
I hate that, so I try and get to the good books before the school. So I can enjoy them atleast once, without having all the mystery and enjoyment drained from them.
Natalie.
Idiot
Natalie.
March 26th, 2006 at 10:23am
I had to read that book for my GSCE's. I hate the ending. But the rest is ok..
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
March 27th, 2006 at 05:52pm
I <3 TCITR, I thought the whole imagery of the children running and playing on the cliffs and fields was very dreamlike and original.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
March 28th, 2006 at 03:59am
This thread reminded me I hadn't read it in a while now. I think I'll start re-reading it on the train to work.
cactus.
Falling In Love With The Board
cactus.
March 28th, 2006 at 06:45am
It's one of my favourite books. I hate the translation in Romanian, but in English it's great. I like the part where he talks to Phoebe,his sister, and realizes what he'd really like to do. I like Phobe as well as a character. You wouldn't know the book was written about 50 years ago, just by reading it. It relates a lot to the modern teenager.
emily_lucky_stars
Geek
emily_lucky_stars
March 28th, 2006 at 01:38pm
I fineshed reading it 2 weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I might even read it again Smile
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
March 30th, 2006 at 09:36am
i've heard a bit about the book and everything but the storyline has always remained a mystery to me...could anyone share any light??
Bumbo
Geek
Bumbo
April 4th, 2006 at 06:47pm
I really enjoyed the book and thought it did have a plot that was reflected in its structure and the madness of what happens to Holden.
the only problem i had with it was on some levels i did find it hard to identify with Holden- i got all of the stuff he was saying especially about the loss of a family member and fear... but i wasn't too sure about him being a rich middle class character- that's why i enjoy SE Hinton's stuff more because being a working class girl you get to see what happens to people like Holden but who have no money and very few options.
Franny.
Franny.
April 4th, 2006 at 08:47pm
Rage&Love:
i've heard a bit about the book and everything but the storyline has always remained a mystery to me...could anyone share any light??

this is a great overview
Zoie
Zoie
April 6th, 2006 at 12:14am
I love that book. It's one of the few books that I couldn't put down once I started reading it. I dunno, but it seemed like I could really realate to what the author was saying, even though it was so different that my life story.
HunniPunk
Geek
HunniPunk
April 17th, 2006 at 10:08am
I love 'The Catcher In The Rye'. my very favourite book, especially because Holden is such an interesting character. love it.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
May 15th, 2006 at 04:42pm
I liked the book a lot. the only thing I don't like is all the side stories Holden went on during the book,
he would start talking about something and then go off on something related to it.

In my mind the whole reson why Holden goes crazy is because of Allies death.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
June 4th, 2006 at 09:42pm
I love this book. I read it for school last year.

I love Holden and sometimes I cuold relate to him in a lot of ways
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 10th, 2006 at 10:08am
I read that so often .. Cool

I love this book. You can't describe it.
Emily-Cool
Emily-Cool
June 10th, 2006 at 03:26pm
This book is so good. I just cant believe it was written like 50 years ago.. :/ great book! i wanna read it again 1 day
LeggomyTreggo!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LeggomyTreggo!
June 10th, 2006 at 06:14pm
I just got done with it a few days ago. I really think Holden Caulfield is a great character and all, but the book was a little slow for me at some parts. D: Maybe because some little details were so in depth.

Then again, maybe I'm too young to understand the whole concept. But overall, I thought it was pretty good. <3
megaaan
Geek
megaaan
June 10th, 2006 at 06:31pm
I loved it. I don't have a big fancy overveiw of it and in depth why I love it. But I do. Very Happy
WhitestMonkeh!U'Know
WhitestMonkeh!U'Know
June 12th, 2006 at 12:09am
I ust finished reading it a few days ago.
It's great book
Some of it was kind of boring for me though because some things just went into great detail.
But other than that, it was great.
I love how pretty much everyone could relate to Holden in some way. You wouldn't even thinnk that the book was written so long ago, because Holden seems just like a lot of the teenagers today.
punk_in_drublic
Idiot
punk_in_drublic
June 12th, 2006 at 05:50am
+Maiku-San+:
I liked the book a lot. the only thing I don't like is all the side stories Holden went on during the book,
he would start talking about something and then go off on something related to it.

In my mind the whole reson why Holden goes crazy is because of Allies death.

really? him rambling makes me appreciate the book more. He's the sort of character you feel bad for but at the same time you don't really pity him..... if that makes any sense
Register