SHOW/CARTOON: Invader Zim.

AuthorMessage
Less Than Jack
Falling In Love With The Board
Less Than Jack
March 9th, 2006 at 08:52pm
This classic cartoon came on nickelodeon a few years ago. It was a great cartoon, filled with funny characters.
It's pretty much about an alien that is hated by his own race and is sent to some unknown planet, aka earth, and is to take over the planet. His race sent him there because they thought there was no planet, but to their surprise..there was.
He was sent with an alien space shit and a robot...a...how do you say....retarded/not wired right robot. named gir.
Gir is without a doubt the funniest character on the show.

Never seen it? download an episode off of limewire. You will instantly want to sex it up.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
March 9th, 2006 at 08:59pm
That's not why they sent him to Earth. They sent him away so that he'd be distracted and wouldn't be able to interfere with Operation Impending Doom 2 (I think that's what it was called). But yeah, it's an awesome show and it's too bad Nickelodeon cancelled it. Jhonen's a great artist.
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
March 9th, 2006 at 09:08pm
greenday6:
That's not why they sent him to Earth. They sent him away so that he'd be distracted and wouldn't be able to interfere with Operation Impending Doom 2 (I think that's what it was called). But yeah, it's an awesome show and it's too bad Nickelodeon cancelled it. Jhonen's a great artist.
WHAEVA. I HAVENT' SEEN IT IN A FEW MONTHS. KAY? Cool

I heard they canceled it because he was the creator of Johnny The Suicidal Maniac Rolling Eyes
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
March 9th, 2006 at 09:13pm
It's cool, I just figured I'd tell you. If that's why they cancelled it then they should've done their research beforehand. But I think Nickelodeon got complaints about it because the show wasn't too child friendly. I don't know, but Keef would probably.
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
March 9th, 2006 at 09:16pm
greenday6:
It's cool, I just figured I'd tell you. If that's why they cancelled it then they should've done their research beforehand. But I think Nickelodeon got complaints about it because the show wasn't too child friendly. I don't know, but Keef would probably.
It's not like they showed it during Nick Jr. Rolling Eyes
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
March 9th, 2006 at 09:20pm
Yeah, but some parents are way too overprotective. Those are the one's who ruin stuff for everybody, with their 5 whole complaint letters.
Tyler
King For A Couple Of Days
Tyler
March 9th, 2006 at 09:44pm
Pretty good show. My friend is obsessed with it.

and on the subject of it being cancled, I heard that it was taken off because kids wanted a more "laid back type show" and Zim had a lot of weird stuff and screaming and what not. I aslo heard that they cancled it bcause of 911 and how it had a lot of talking about destruction and things exploding.
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
March 9th, 2006 at 09:47pm
Tyler:
Pretty good show. My friend is obsessed with it.

and on the subject of it being cancled, I heard that it was taken off because kids wanted a more "laid back type show" and Zim had a lot of weird stuff and screaming and what not. I aslo heard that they cancled it bcause of 911 and how it had a lot of talking about destruction and things exploding.
If it was because of 911, then Power Ranger should have been taken off the air too.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
March 10th, 2006 at 12:16am
www.buzzyworld.com:
Nirvanfan asks: I heard Invader Zim got "cancelled" because Nick thought it was too "violent" is this true?
There were a lot of reasons the show didn't continue. Ratings are the main reason. There were complaints from time to time about the show's content being too violent, scary, obscure, etc from people that watched the show. On the whole, the network supported the show and its content.

They edited the one scene out of the Door to Door episode after 9/11. Because it showed New York city in ruins.
Deleted Scene
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
King For A Couple Of Days
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
March 10th, 2006 at 07:52am
It was Jack who initially told me about Invader Zim Very Happy

That was before it aired in South Africa.

Very Happy Very Happy It's great.
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy

Mibba Blog
March 10th, 2006 at 11:18pm
I LOVED that show! I'm gonna buy the dvds from Hot Topic when I get enough money. I loved the Goth-atmosphere it had since you don't see that too much in cartoons. Gir was by far my favorite character. I wanted him as a pet. XD I think you can still watch episodes on nick.com. Not sure, though. But, yeah, it was such a shame that it got cancelled.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
March 10th, 2006 at 11:23pm
Don't buy the dvd's at Hot Topic. They added on 5 bucks to each dvd, and they're cheaper at Best Buy and places like that. So yeah, save yourself 15 bucks.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
March 10th, 2006 at 11:53pm
Love. That. Show.

Was obsessed with it a few years ago.

But about it being cancelled, and rating having something to do with it...

Look how popular its suddenly become again.

Nickelodeon might pull a Family Guy and bring it back.

Not likey cause it was "too violent" and shit, but still.

Or another channel - like Fox for instance - could buy it off them... If the DVD sales get really high it might....
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
March 11th, 2006 at 12:02am
Jhonen said he wouldn't come back to make more episodes, and a lot of the voice actors said they wouldn't either. And without Jhonen, it'd be just as bad as the other shows that they're playing on Nick now.
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
March 18th, 2006 at 07:45pm
Ratings? all my friends loved it...
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
March 18th, 2006 at 08:27pm
I watched that show all through highschool, and nobody I knew really knew what I was talking about until about 2004. Kind of sad.
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
March 19th, 2006 at 12:36pm
greenday6:
I watched that show all through highschool, and nobody I knew really knew what I was talking about until about 2004. Kind of sad.
I started watching it in 3rd..or 4th grade. Every friday me and my friends would sit in front of the TV and laugh our asses off O_O

and I still Quote gir.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
March 19th, 2006 at 03:26pm
Me and my little brother quote it all of the time. There's so many good lines from the show.
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
March 27th, 2006 at 03:25am
I'm gonna make my kids watch it when I grow up. Cool
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
March 28th, 2006 at 11:24pm
greenday6:
i know it wasnt that what makes it so funny and now they sell a bunch of IZ stuff on hot topic XD
Register