BOOK/MOVIE/GAME:Da Vinci Code

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 09:03am
The Artist Must Be True:
Magne:

i'm half way throuhg angels and demons now, but i think its a better book than the da vinci code.

Yeah I agee, its non-stop action all the way, with even more twists and turns! Quality!

i'm at the part where the assassin kills the third priest, and the carmalengo is opening the casket of the late pope
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
June 6th, 2006 at 09:05am
Magne:
The Artist Must Be True:
Magne:

i'm half way throuhg angels and demons now, but i think its a better book than the da vinci code.

Yeah I agee, its non-stop action all the way, with even more twists and turns! Quality!

i'm at the part where the assassin kills the third priest, and the carmalengo is opening the casket of the late pope

Oooh yeah intrigue.....and it doesn't stop there I tell you! Anyway back to topic - The Da Vinci Code!

How nice was Teabing's flatscreen T.V by the way - I want one!!!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 09:07am
The Artist Must Be True:
Magne:
The Artist Must Be True:
Magne:

Oooh yeah intrigue.....and it doesn't stop there I tell you! Anyway back to topic - The Da Vinci Code!

How nice was Teabing's flatscreen T.V by the way - I want one!!!

oh i know it was lovely, i have to admit though i want his house.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
June 6th, 2006 at 09:12am
Shocked they are making an 'Angels and Demons' film? lol

I thought they did the film ok, I mean i know they couldn't include everything from the book and for someone who has read it (like me) they know what has been missed out. But for someone who hasn't read the book i thought it was ok, They were able to grab the jist of the the storyline.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 6th, 2006 at 09:13am
greendayjunkie:

I thought they did the film ok, I mean i know they couldn't include everything from the book and for someone who has read it (like me) they know what has been missed out. But for someone who hasn't read the book i thought it was ok, They were able to grab the jist of the the storyline.

they missed all sorts of important things out
Backyard Baby
Jackass
Backyard Baby
June 6th, 2006 at 10:42am
an "angels and demons" film? oh god, will this ever end? Laughing Razz
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
June 6th, 2006 at 10:58am
Magne:
greendayjunkie:

they missed all sorts of important things out

Yeah i know, i mean i wish they had done it properly, but i am saying for some people like the people who havent read the book it was ok
xXx depressed_emo xXx
Geek
xXx depressed_emo xXx
June 8th, 2006 at 07:13am
I didnt get the idea of it.........i walked out like 2/3rds of the way through.......my ex reckons it was because i hadnt read the book
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
June 8th, 2006 at 10:45am
xXx depressed_emo xXx:
I didnt get the idea of it.........i walked out like 2/3rds of the way through.......my ex reckons it was because i hadnt read the book

They missed alot out of the film but i think you can get a the jist of it even if you havent read the book, my friend didn't read it and she kinda got it
megaaan
Geek
megaaan
June 9th, 2006 at 09:48pm
I didn't search the thread, did anyone read Angels and Demons, I heard it's better than the DaVinci Code..is it like the same story line or different all together?
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
June 9th, 2006 at 10:04pm
I have read Angels and Demons It has the same character, Robert Langdon, but it is two different storylines all together, and i have heard people say that the Da Vinci Code is better but i think they are both the same in quality, it is well worth reading, i enjoyed it. Cool
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
Geek
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT
June 10th, 2006 at 01:03am
all over the news and papers and such, have shown Christians boycotting the movie because of it`s faulty, a way of attacking Christians, and making them look like the foundations they built upon were lies. but this is what they think. personally, i don`t find it insulting and disagree with those Christians. sure, there is a lot of controversial things in it, such as whether there is an existing bloodline of Christ, that St. Peter was sexist, or that Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute, but the wife of Jesus. but seriously, before the book begins, there is a little section entitled ''fact'', with the truths of Opus Dei, the Priory of Sion and all others. but if you look towards the begining where they state publisher, date of publishing, it clearly states that everything in the book is fiction. at least in my copy it does. but i don`t consider it an insult to my religion.
i think the book is a test of your faith. if you have a weak faith, then you will be swayed to believe that the Curch has lied to you for centuries. but if you`re faith is strong, then you know that it`s only a good read and is very interesting to know a different perspective of the Catholic Church. i have to agree, the Church has had it`s share of major faults: the Crusades, the time when the monarchy of Spain drove all Jews and Muslims out. but we are all only human, even the Church. people built the Church through the belief of God. and that`s only what the book is saying: that nothing is perfect and has it`s faults, but to still believe because besides the faults, you know it`s an important thing to accept. like Green Day, they have their faults, but we still love them.
this is what i think the book means.
i loved this book and ''Angels and Demons''. they are awesome. and i saw the movie, which was awesome like really awesome. yeah, so personally, i LOVED this book and don`t find it insulting.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 11th, 2006 at 11:57am
I love the book and I like the film :]
Dash
Jackass
Dash
June 12th, 2006 at 05:58pm
The book is so clever! Haven't seen the film, yet. But I have to say that I did like "Angels and Demons" more. Probably I expected too much of "The Da Vici Code". Great writing, anyway!
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy
Falling In Love With The Board
in_paradise_with_st_jimmy

Mibba Blog
July 27th, 2006 at 09:03pm
A couple of my friends read it, and they liked it. When I told my friend Gia that they made it a video game, she was like, "How would you play that? Just walk around and go, 'Ah, scary painting!'" lmfao
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 4th, 2006 at 01:20pm
its amazing
one book that sparked international conspiracy theories....
its a great book i don't care what anyone says same with the film
Capt. Jack Harkness
Addict
Capt. Jack Harkness
August 6th, 2006 at 06:02am
I just read the book Very Happy
Tom Blinks Me.
Idiot
Tom Blinks Me.
March 5th, 2007 at 08:16pm
Ellaisonfire:
AMAZING.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 7th, 2007 at 04:21pm
i like the movie and i plan on reading the book.
But i kinda made poeple made at the theater because i knew && and said right away who it was.
Register