Poverty

AuthorMessage
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
March 15th, 2006 at 06:28pm
Poverty, One of the biggest killers out there. 30,000 children a year die, most before the age of 4. Four billion people, over half the world, live in this disaster, while we watch our T.V.s and are on the internet all day. When we are thirsty, we immediatly go for the Coke, not the water.

I had to do a speech on this topic, and only now I relize how bad a race we are.

Personally I am disgusted with humans, war, racism, poverty, etc... We should all unite and fight as one, and progress in science and mathematics. We should donate to the people in Africa and Europe, and help the homeless.

What are your opinions, thoughts and views on this?

I checked first 7 pages and i couldnt find a topic on this.
billy fuckwit.
Geek
billy fuckwit.

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2006 at 07:01pm
a couple of dollars less and i'm poor.

yeah, here in puerto rico there's a place called La Perla where people live in one-room houses. goverment don't care.
fuckin' assholes
billy fuckwit.
Geek
billy fuckwit.

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2006 at 07:03pm
i hope there aren't any topics on this, it's good
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
March 15th, 2006 at 07:13pm
Heh thanks Smile Poverty means a lot to me, it's just disgusting how we spend billions of dollars on war and weaponry while kids die alone. In my speech I had a lot of facts... example:

Money spent on cosmetics in the U.S.A- 8 billion dollars.
Money spent on education in the world- 6 billion dollars.
Money spent on cigarettes in Europe- 50 billion.
Money spent on Alocholic Drinks in Europe- 105 billion dollars.

Motherfuckers.
SARAnade
King For A Couple Of Days
SARAnade
March 15th, 2006 at 07:15pm
17:
[color=darkred]Heh thanks Smile Poverty means a lot to me, it's just disgusting how we spend billions of dollars on war and weaponry while kids die alone. In my speech I had a lot of facts... example:

Money spent on cosmetics in the U.S.A- 8 billion dollars.
Money spent on education in the world- 6 billion dollars.
Money spent on cigarettes in Europe- 50 billion.
Money spent on Alocholic Drinks in Europe- 105 billion dollars.

Motherfuckers.

isnt it a shame!! Embarassed i almost feel bad having everything that i do
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
March 15th, 2006 at 07:18pm
Please post opinions and thoughts too, thanks.
SARAnade
SARAnade
March 15th, 2006 at 07:26pm
17:

ok sorry, i just get a little emotional when i think about the suffering that goes on around the world. my opinion: there should be no "third world countries", like what the hell is that shit! why cant every country be equal, financially?, now i know that some countries dont have as many resources as others, but that in no way shuld make them a poverty-stricken country. its outragious how selfish people can be. in a country like rwanda, they have little to no fresh water, and little forest, very little resources, could their neighbouring countries not lend a hand?
maybe countries that dont have a lot to offer shouldnt be their own country at all and should join with another country with nore to offer. that way, the popualtions would be high and the resources wouldnt be so limited, but shared, for a good cause!!
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
March 15th, 2006 at 07:39pm
LovesBillieJoe:
17:

ok sorry, i just get a little emotional when i think about the suffering that goes on around the world. my opinion: there should be no "third world countries", like what the hell is that shit! why cant every country be equal, financially?, now i know that some countries dont have as many resources as others, but that in no way shuld make them a poverty-stricken country. its outragious how selfish people can be. in a country like rwanda, they have little to no fresh water, and little forest, very little resources, could their neighbouring countries not lend a hand?
maybe countries that dont have a lot to offer shouldnt be their own country at all and should join with another country with nore to offer. that way, the popualtions would be high and the resources wouldnt be so limited, but shared, for a good cause!!
I agree 100%, no county should be left out, the world id 1 planet, why be split into hundreds of counties?
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
March 15th, 2006 at 08:28pm
More posts please... I don't wanna be one of the only people who care.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
March 15th, 2006 at 10:04pm
I just wrote a paper on human rights violations in Cambodia in the seventies.
Right now in Cambodia, 34% of the poulation lives on less than one US dollar a day. 50% of children die before the age of five from malnourishment. Workers there aren't paid well by "first world" standards, but if you think about it, boycotting Cambodian textiles and the like is condemning a family to a week wothout food, perhaps.
Sanitation there is still ridiculous. Really ridiculous--many places still have little to no clean drinking water available.
In the seventies, after American troops left Cambodia, there were these mine fields left behind. 20% of villages still have to deal with the dangers of this live ammunition every day, many citizens are killed or injured by them even though the Cambodian government has committed itself to de-mining.

BUT even though HIV cases are up there, malaria is going down and people are receiving public education. Cambodia as a nation is trying to become more involved in world trade, if they can establish a place in the global economy, it's possible to eliminate most of the poverty.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 16th, 2006 at 04:46am
poor is relelative to differant people what is poor to me wont nessecary be poor to anyone else, take for example my landlord he is a millionaire goes on 3 - 4 holidays a year runs businesses and he says he's poor, then on the other hand you have people who are queing up to sign on at the job center each week who have to struggle and scrimp to put food on the table.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2006 at 11:03am
17:
We should donate to the people in Africa and Europe

Europe, as a whole, is actually not too bad.

South America and Asia are very much in need of aid, too. They also have major poverty problems.
Backyard Baby
Jackass
Backyard Baby
March 16th, 2006 at 02:53pm
17:

europe? which country exactly do you mean?
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
March 16th, 2006 at 03:14pm
People's Front Of Judea:
17:

I mean like the wastern part of over seas. The more east you seem to go the richer it gets, Hong Kong, Japan. Egypt is pretty poor too. Did anyone watch the Live 8 last summer?
SARAnade
SARAnade
March 16th, 2006 at 07:34pm
17:
People's Front Of Judea:
17:

I mean like the wastern part of over seas. The more east you seem to go the richer it gets, Hong Kong, Japan. Egypt is pretty poor too. Did anyone watch the Live 8 last summer?

japan is in asia and egypt is in africa
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
March 16th, 2006 at 08:00pm
And your point is...
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
March 16th, 2006 at 08:42pm
The governments in the northern hemisphere and the richer ones in the southern hemisphere need to cop on and remove the tariff barriers, then the poorer countries wouldn't have to depend so much on donations to survive.
Because the way it is now with the tariff barriers the richer countries are like school-yard bullies pinning the poorer countries down but every now and again they throw them a few sweets (i.e. donations) so they don't feel so guilty about screwing them over.
It’s sickening.
SARAnade
SARAnade
March 16th, 2006 at 09:14pm
17:
And your point is...

nvm sorry, i mustve read it wrong i thought you said japan and egypt were in europe...im a little tired, frogive me! Smile
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 17th, 2006 at 10:59am
17:

The further east you go, the more poverty you will find.

Our western world is one of relative comfort and riches.

I don't know why you singled out Egypt in particular...when almost all of Africa is poor. Even some of the white people in South Africa, I recently read an article about them. Even they were fairly poor.
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
March 18th, 2006 at 10:48am
Egypt, first place that come to mind. Sry if I offended you in any way.
Register