Anarchy.

AuthorMessage
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
March 17th, 2006 at 01:52pm
I looked but I didn't find any topics on this.
Delete it if you must.

What's your opinion on Anarchy?

That's pretty much what this is about.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 17th, 2006 at 02:07pm
you can't start a topic without an opinion, please give your own without expecting it from others first.

Also what type of anarchy, can you go into a bit more detail.
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
March 17th, 2006 at 02:12pm
Oh my bad.

Anarchy in the sense of political disorder and confusion and things like that.
Like would most countries be better off with no government?

I think it would be a bad idea. If we didn't have a goverment there would probably be a lot more crimes, murders, and things of that sort.
Tyler
King For A Couple Of Days
Tyler
March 17th, 2006 at 02:53pm
Godspeed You Black Emporer
Jordyn
Jordyn
March 17th, 2006 at 09:58pm
Anarchy is stupid. People are saying they want it because it makes them look cool. No, chaos is not cool.
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
March 18th, 2006 at 10:30am
Without a leader the world will fall into chaos. We all need someone to take orders from, and whats the point of anarchy... For a while it would be fun... destroying everything and whatnot, but after a while... theres nothing left.
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
March 18th, 2006 at 12:21pm
saying anarchy would be all chaos is just as stupid as saying anarchy would be all peaceful. people are different, and therefore, anarchy would be different to different people, areas, etc. sure, there would be no government or anything to punish people who commit murders and shit, but that doesn't mean that everyone would just run around and do it. people would still have their self authority, and a lot of people truley believe that killing is wrong and/or could stomache to do it anyway.

i believe in anarchy, but not because i just dont want to be told what to do or anything. i believe that having one person or group of people deciding what is right or wrong for a huge population is completely rediculous and can never work. there's nothing about those people (president, governors, etc.) that makes them any better than the rest of us, so would should they get to make all the decisions for everyone?

besides that, i think life should be lived the way you choose to live it. if you dont want to have to give back to your society and shit, you shouldn't have to just so you can survive. if you wanna be a stupid pothead, it's not hurting anyone else, you should be able to without having to worry about the piggys coming after you and throwing you in jail. if you want to get an abortion, you should be able to without anyone else or any government body trying to tell you otherwise. same with anything else. sure, their would be some people who would probably kill people and be violent and shit like that. there's no avoiding it. people would just have to learn to be self defensive when it comes to certain types of people (not that a law really stops the really psychopathic people that go out and do the killing in the first place, but whatever).

basically what i'm trying to get at is this: you only live once, so people should be able to live their lives to the fullest. have fun without having to worry about "the man" stepping in. the everyday life of "go to school, go to work, get married, have a baby, retire, have some grandchildren, & die" doesn't work for everyone, and they shouldn't have to live that way if they could truley be happier another way. but the government stands in their way with laws requiring you be in school until a certain ages, taxes and all sorts of bullshit making it impossible to survive without a high paying job or anything and shit like that.

there is a lot more to what i think than that, but it's getting lengthy. maybe i'll write more later or something.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
March 18th, 2006 at 04:34pm
I agree with Spirit Of '77.

I find it kinda scary, actually... our whole lives will pretty much be filled with work. It's such a drag. There's school and college and university for a huge chunk of our lives. Once that's over... it's all work, work, work to survive. And then we get old and watch our kids do the same. Where's the life?

Seeing anarchy as 'cool' is stupid. Anarchy is a part of life for some people.

I don't mind anarchy if you have a good reason to do it.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 18th, 2006 at 04:39pm
Spirit Of '77:
sure, their would be some people who would probably kill people and be violent and shit like that. there's no avoiding it. people would just have to learn to be self defensive when it comes to certain types of people (not that a law really stops the really psychopathic people that go out and do the killing in the first place, but whatever).

Oh, to be a young idealist...

Anarchy is a dream for the idealists. Anarchy would only work on a short term basis. I'm not a believer, can you tell?

What about the people who can't learn to be self defensive, eh?. Give us anarchy, and there will be slaughter, chaos, destruction. You might like that, but I don't. Perhaps, on a short term basis, I could condone Anarchy. But not in the long term. It will never work.
Kitti
Kitti
March 18th, 2006 at 05:05pm
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:
sure, their would be some people who would probably kill people and be violent and shit like that. there's no avoiding it. people would just have to learn to be self defensive when it comes to certain types of people (not that a law really stops the really psychopathic people that go out and do the killing in the first place, but whatever).

Anarchy is a dream for the idealists. Anarchy would only work on a short term basis. I'm not a believer, can you tell?

What about the people who can't learn to be self defensive, eh?. Give us anarchy, and there will be slaughter, chaos, destruction. You might like that, but I don't. Perhaps, on a short term basis, I could condone Anarchy. But not in the long term. It will never work.

Perhaps some of us cannot see rationality in a concious choice for anarchy because we have seen too much of the true ways of the world, too much of our own hideous human capabilities?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 18th, 2006 at 05:09pm
paradoxical:
Perhaps some of us cannot see rationality in a concious choice for anarchy because we have seen too much of the true ways of the world, too much of our own hideous human capabilities?

Yes, perhaps I am a cynical young fool who wouldn't trust the human race with anarchy for fear of what we'd do to ourselves. I think you are right.
Kitti
Kitti
March 18th, 2006 at 05:16pm
Bloodraine:
paradoxical:

Yes, perhaps I am a cynical young fool who wouldn't trust the human race with anarchy for fear of what we'd do to ourselves. I think you are right.

Anarchy is not the opposite of government anyway. It is the opposite of order. Of nature. Of peace. Of beauty.
Anarchy defies the laws of nature. All animals are governed in some way of their own, a social hierarchy of some sorts. Humans are animals, but without conscience. We need leaders. We would be lost without that guidance.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 19th, 2006 at 07:13am
paradoxical:
Bloodraine:
paradoxical:

Anarchy is not the opposite of government anyway. It is the opposite of order. Of nature. Of peace. Of beauty.
Anarchy defies the laws of nature. All animals are governed in some way of their own, a social hierarchy of some sorts. Humans are animals, but without conscience. We need leaders. We would be lost without that guidance.

Even the first bipedal apes would not have survived without the dominant animal in their packs. They too, had very complex and orderly heirarchys. They too had 'rules' of a sort. They too had a leader to guide them.
imrad_xx
Jackass
imrad_xx
March 20th, 2006 at 03:05am
I agree with some forms of Anarchy because I hate taking orders from people. But basically I just have issues with authority so don't worry about my opinion if you prefer not too. lol
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
March 20th, 2006 at 03:31pm
Bloodraine:
Spirit Of '77:

dear, there's already slaughter, chaos, and destruction. laws dont make people stop killing, and laws and stupid government actions MAKE people kill people.

you still couldnt just go out and kill someone. sure, no government would come after you and you wouldnt do jail time or anything. but the victims friends and family could do the same thing back to you. you'd only be making yourself the next target of violence if you were to be so stupid.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
March 20th, 2006 at 03:34pm
Bloodraine:
paradoxical:

ok, LOOK AT WHAT THE HUMAN RACE IS ALREADY DOING TO ITSELF?! dividing itself up into little sections, raging war with one anyone, killing each other, discriminating against each other, taking away people's freedom of choice... the list goes on and on. it's not like government is stopping any of that bullshit. in fact, it's the main component in creating some of them.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 20th, 2006 at 03:38pm
Spirit Of '77:
dear, there's already slaughter, chaos, and destruction. laws dont make people stop killing, and laws and stupid government actions MAKE people kill people.

you still couldnt just go out and kill someone. sure, no government would come after you and you wouldnt do jail time or anything. but the victims friends and family could do the same thing back to you. you'd only be making yourself the next target of violence if you were to be so stupid.

Vicious cycle eh?

Nobody is making anyone kill anyone. That first part of your argument is deeply flawed. Free will, see. Anarchy is the ultimate free will. Something I would never trust a human with. Not even myself.

With anarchy, there are no limits. No repercussions. No barriers. No punishments. If you stood besides me at this moment in time, there were no laws, no reasoning, anarchy, I could take a sixteen inch carving knife and ram it through your chest. Then do the same to your family and friends. After all, nobody is going to stop me. Isn't that heartwarming, kids?.

The world is fucked up enough as it is. Anarchy will only make the world worse.

Thankfully, the majority of the world would agree with me and in my lifetime, I doubt Anarchy will ever be implemented. That is heartwarming, no?.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
March 20th, 2006 at 03:40pm
well, that's your opinion, now isn't it? in my eyes, we're already fucked up as it is, and this obviously isn't working, so why not just TRY something else? it could work, it might not. no one knows that for sure.

and yes, they do make you kill. does the word "draft" ring a bell?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 20th, 2006 at 03:43pm
if we all went out and caused anarchy then what will happen to the law? What will happen if a child gets stabbed in the street because we've all gone out and rebeled?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 20th, 2006 at 03:45pm
Spirit Of '77:
well, that's your opinion, now isn't it? in my eyes, we're already fucked up as it is, and this obviously isn't working, so why not just TRY something else? it could work, it might not. no one knows that for sure.

and yes, they do make you kill. does the word "draft" ring a bell?

A current of air in an enclosed area?.

Seriously, drafting does not happen very often at all these days. Perhaps in less developed countries, maybe, but not anymore.

And in response to the valid part of your argument. Then again, we could fuck up the world even more by bringing Anarchy into power. Perhaps you would be willing to try it. There is no real way of testing unless you go the whole way and throw yourselves in at the deep end. But then it might be too late.
Register