Respect.

AuthorMessage
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
April 4th, 2006 at 12:34pm
Well i think that respect is still there its just some people feel why should they respect anybody, which is totally the wrong attitude. Loads of people at my school have no respect for our teachers or their fellow students and its always annoyed me because i always try, i guess its mainly the way that i have been brought up, you know the saying respect your elders. But i also respect those younger than me and it really annoys me when people don't do likewise.
It would be great if everyone respected each other but its another one of those things, like no war, that is great in theroy but is never going to happen because there will always be people in the world who think that they are above it.
whoa
whoa
April 7th, 2006 at 07:57pm
To me, you gotta give it, to get it. And not a whole lot of people I know give it.
||:Minority Madness:||
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
||:Minority Madness:||
May 13th, 2006 at 03:59pm
Wednesday///:
All the crap about school teachers expecting us to respect them, without them showing us respect, is bullshit.

Like Syd said, you have to earn respect.

I agree. Just because someone is in authority doesn't mean that they can treat other people badly and expect them to respect them. Sometimes respect for authority is a little over-rated. I mean, cussing at a teacher for example is rude and you shouldn't do it, but worshiping him/her isn't necessary. If you get what I mean...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 13th, 2006 at 04:06pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Respect is earned, not given, so I think this is pointless. "Respect me, the government said so." That isnt going to solve much at all, if anything it will create new issues.

On the other hand, respect is lost in some deep dark void for alot of people. Especially to parents, and I know I'm guilty. ALL the things they do for you, put up with you, feed you, ect. They should be given respect blindly. There is always exceptions to that though, like I will never have respect for my Father ever, He left along time ago and pops up whenever he finds it convienent, that is not a way to earn respect.

I hate the term respect your elders, because they dont always deserve it. Murders, corrupt business men, drug dealers, they're all my elders, but should I respcet them? I think not, and the government shouldnt be able to tell me that.

I politeness and respect are different. There is never a reason to be rude to someone (even if they're rude to you first, don't stopp to their level) but respect is more than that, and there is a very little amount left today, its rather sad actually.

i lost ALL respect for my mum and dad when i was very little, they can rot in the dark pits of hell as far has i am concerned.
Did no one read that bold line?
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
May 13th, 2006 at 04:54pm
You know, my mom is full of shit.

She thinks that because I'm a child, I don't deserve an opinion. She also says that adults are better people than children. Meaning a better quality, if you know what I mean. She says children don't deserve respect. BULLSHIT. I won't respect someone who won't respect me.

And believe me, she DOES NOT respect me the way a human being should be respected. I could sue her for some stuff...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 13th, 2006 at 04:56pm
Handguns For Hearts:

She thinks that because I'm a child, I don't deserve an opinion. She also says that adults are better people than children. Meaning a better quality, if you know what I mean. She says children don't deserve respect. BULLSHIT. I won't respect someone who won't respect me.

And believe me, she DOES NOT respect me the way a human being should be respected. I could sue her for some stuff...

i ahve 3 kids and i always given tham an opinion and i listen to them and see if we can come to some sort of agreement.
Arceus
Jackass
Arceus
May 13th, 2006 at 06:45pm
I that respect is hardly existence in today's world. Everyone treats one another like shit and adults are being assholes to teens.
It Had to Be You.
It Had to Be You.
May 13th, 2006 at 11:05pm
You know, about respect, well, I respect my peers and I demand the same in return.
Simone
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Simone
October 22nd, 2006 at 10:35pm
Asking for people to respect people is like asking for all war, poverty etc to be stopped it simply isn't going to happen.
There is definantely a generation of people at the moment who have taken the whole fuck the entire world attitude too far and are encouraging others to follow, and through this they are not respecting anyone, most of the time their family, friends and themselves included.

I openly admit that i am guilty of having too much of an attitude but i still believe you should respect others, especially if these people have done nothing to you to make them lose your respect.

I believ that someone isnt truelt your friends unless they respect you and vice versa. Respect can't be bought and sold.

People, mostly younger people walk aroung disrespecting everyone as if it is the newest craze, but i wander what these people are going to do when they find that they have no one left because along the way the have developed into a person who doesnt even respect themselves.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 01:57am
Does anyone else believe that the amount of respect a person shows to another like sometimes based on their looks? I think this mostly occurs at school, though. If someone thinks you're ugly, they will treat you like complete trash, and insult you. But if they think you're a gorgeous creature, they treat you like a god/goddess. It's really quite disappointing.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 02:34pm
Songbird:

Almost every teenager thinks that at one point and almost all of them regret it later. I've been through it all, but in the end she is my mother and I do want a mother of the bride at my wedding.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 18th, 2007 at 02:39pm
Songbird:
Does anyone else believe that the amount of respect a person shows to another like sometimes based on their looks? I think this mostly occurs at school, though. If someone thinks you're ugly, they will treat you like complete trash, and insult you. But if they think you're a gorgeous creature, they treat you like a god/goddess. It's really quite disappointing.
I do the opposite actually. Pretty people are generally more privilidged. They can afford to have braces, a nice hair cut, plastic surgery, waxed legs, coloured contacts, and what not. I pity people with crooked teeth or crap highlights or oily, acne riddled skin. Then again, some people are just blessed with good looks. Wink *Me.*
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2007 at 08:28am
Anji:
Songbird:
I do the opposite actually. Pretty people are generally more privilidged. They can afford to have braces, a nice hair cut, plastic surgery, waxed legs, coloured contacts, and what not. I pity people with crooked teeth or crap highlights or oily, acne riddled skin. Then again, some people are just blessed with good looks. Wink *Me.*
@_@ how nice of you.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 20th, 2007 at 04:13pm
Bloodraine:
@_@ how nice of you.
Generosity can be a bit of a curse, especially when you live in this country. I spend all my time tending for stray cats and dogs and volenteer at shelters. Even a walk downtown leaves me out of cash because of all the beggars I just can't ignore. Which reminds me, I need rabies shots. Break
CopperheaD
Geek
CopperheaD
July 3rd, 2007 at 04:26pm
Treat people how u want to be treated, if you want bimbo shouted at you in the corridors then act like the people who i go to school with
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 3rd, 2007 at 06:50pm
I give respect to those who earn it. Not how old they are or how high and mighty they are. If Im not shown respect then I will not show respect to that certain person.
Example of something that happened to me:
My mother told me to search in her purse for stamps [and note this was in public at Mcdonalds]. And I told her I couldn't find them so she out loud said.
Mom: You stupid mindless girl, you can never do shit without messing it up.
My Reply: [louder] Dont you ever call me that again! Just cause I cant find stamps in your shit purse Im stupid? Thats totally disrespectful!
Mom: Molly, calm down. It sounds bad for a little girl to say that to her mom! Now thats disrespectful! What will these people think?
Me: I dont give a shit what these people think, they can kiss my ass! Just cause Im a kid I dont desevre respect just as much as you?
Yeah and then we left, she had the stupid stamps in her pocket Cheese
[and i also think I overreacted but that wasnt the first time it happened, the other times I just didnt say anything.]
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 5th, 2007 at 06:43pm
robotchicken.:
I give respect to those who earn it.
Someone you're meeting for the first time hasn't had time to show you any respect. Because they haven't earned your respect, is it suitable to be rude to them?

Is it ever suitable to be disrespectful to someone? I don't understand what that accomplishes. Like you yelling at your mother, did being loud with her help anything? Doesn't sound like it to me. Why not be the bigger person and try and handle things calmly? That would be so much more productive. There is never a need to be disrespectful.
Domo
Geek
Domo
July 9th, 2007 at 04:15am
I think that we could definitely turn the next generation around.
By giving respect to others, they'll get it, and the world will be a happier place.
=]
I hope.
miyako xxx
Geek
miyako xxx
July 9th, 2007 at 05:23am
my policy is that i'll give people that i just meet/ don't know personally enough respect to act polite and civil toward them and they can either lose or gain respect depending if they give it back or not. it's pretty much just giving them the benefit of the doubt untill they do something really stupid in most cases.

as far as the "giving parents unquestioning respect", i agree with most of the people here in disagreeing with the said statement. in order for a parent to recieve unquestioning respect they have to give it as well, they need to respect their children with respect an individuals, this is especially vital in their teen and later years.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
July 10th, 2007 at 08:08pm
I respect people until they give me reason not to.
Register