AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 30th, 2007 at 05:51am
BillieStoleMyVirginity:
STUPID IDEA!!!! dress codes and uniforms suck because:
1. they do nothing to stop kids judging each-other by appearance. people will stereotype and label no matter what you do.
2. they are ugly fuckers
3. they are uncomfortable and distract you from work
4. they dont make the school loom good, they make it look tight assy
5. they crush indivisuality and freedom to a pulp
I feel the need to comment on most of your points so:

1. I don't think that stereotyping has anything to do with what you wear or don't wear. It is just immaturity that luckily, at my age, people grow out of. Also, uniform does help in demoting the amount of labelling according to you since you are what you wear, so unless you're contradicting yourself...well I still think you're wrong.

When I had to wear a uniform in one of my new schools, my 'buddy' was one of the popular girls who I never would normally hag out with. Well, without our usual clothes, we became best friends even with different tastes in everything you could think of. Not only that, but I made friends with all the other popular people as well. That would've never happened if I had come to school in my normal apparel of a skirt, boots, and my own home-made T-shirts which are generally considered either scary or weird.

2. You think they are ugly. I have been to four different uniform wearing schools and I like them. They are nice in my opinion.

3. Again, four different uniform wearing schools, all comfy, never distracting. Infact, less distracting if you ask me, because instead of fiddling with my bracelets or necklaces or earrings which we aren't allowed to wear, and instead of being distracted by other people's clothing, I can concentrate more in class.

4. I don't understand how the school doesn't look good. Maybe you're the type of person who's room in an absolute tip where everything is cluttered and in disarray, but most people like order, and with uniformity comes order. And about looking 'tight assy', do you mean proper? I guess you're not the type of person to like to look like you actually are decent, sensible, polite, well-mannered and civilized.

I have already addressed my point concerning individuality of being 'free' from uniforms.

Maybe if you have a good arguement like they are expensive, then I will take you seriously.
kidhippy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kidhippy
February 7th, 2007 at 11:17pm
we have dress code but its not the uniform dress code, its selected colors, no logos no graphics, and the clothes have to be solid colors and no same color on top and bottom.
it really sucks
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 02:09am
O_o...that's kind of dull. But still, you get some freedom. For some reason, I'd rather wear a uniform than have your dress code.

I'm applying to an IB school for next year, Oakridge International, and I like thier uniform. It's pretty nice. Both boys and girls have this orangey-pink shirt. I can't describe the color, but it's kind of pink. And the bottoms are khaki/cream colored. The only thing is, it would be nice if the girls were allowed the option of pants instead of a skirt. I don't like skirts that much, except for my long ones. And the school skirts come just a little past your knee.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
February 8th, 2007 at 10:42am
I've had to wear uniform all my school life, except for when I went to college, and I never really had a problem with it. My teachers didn't mind if i bent the rules a bit because I was always nice to them, and if they did ask me to do my tie up properly or tuck my shirt in then I would.

Besides, I dunno about the kids from where you all are, but a lot of them round here are horrible little shits who go round breaking stuff. If they're in their uniform then you can identify them and then look at the mug shots at the school and pick them out.

And on school trips, you can see if you've got any hangers on or f there's a random kid wandering around.

It's all for a reason, they didn't just decide oh hey, you know what'd be fun? If we made them wear shirts and ties. How hilarious would that be?
SHIZZZ.
Geek
SHIZZZ.
February 8th, 2007 at 09:08pm
Ok the dress code at my school is completely gay.
You cannot dye your hair an 'odd' color (as in blue, green pink,etc).
You cannot wear bandanas or anything the can possibly represent a gang.
You cannot wear flip-flops.
You cannot wear tank tops.

But since my school is so 'gangster' and really bad and all.
Girls can dress like whores.
Which mean really short skirts,
Tight shirts that show their stomach.

I mean its really disgusting.
If they can wear that, why aren't be allowed to dye our hair?
Its so stupid.
And they're supposed to get detentions if they dress like sluts.
But they don't.

Example:My friend came to school one day wearing a skirt with balck legging underneath.
Now this girl is EXTREMELY small.
So her skirt looked really small, which it wasn't for her.
And she was wearing leggings so it didn't really show anything.
Well the minute she walks into class, she gets sent to I.S.( Internal Suspension).
Because of her skirt being 'too short'.
He mom had to bring her clothes.

Is that stupid or what?
Our dress code is just stupid.
I hate it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 09:12pm
dub tee eff.:

I stopped reading your post right there, before I continue, explain to me how your clothing has a sexual preference.
SHIZZZ.
Geek
SHIZZZ.
February 8th, 2007 at 09:18pm
Kurtni:
dub tee eff.:

I stopped reading your post right there, before I continue, explain to me how your clothing has a sexual preference.

Oh sorry.
I didn't mean it like that.
What I meant to say is "stupid' or 'dumb'.
It's just a thing that I do.
Sorry if you got offended by it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 8th, 2007 at 09:19pm
dub tee eff.:
Kurtni:
dub tee eff.:

Oh sorry.
It didn't really offend me, but I thought it'd be better for me to point it out before it did offend someone Mr. Green
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 9th, 2007 at 10:15am
dub tee eff.:

Its so stupid.
But they don't.

Example:My friend came to school one day wearing a skirt with balck legging underneath.
Well the minute she walks into class, she gets sent to I.S.( Internal Suspension).

Is that stupid or what?
I hate it.
I've never understood how what you wear defines you as a slut. I've worn skirts way past my knee, yet I'm pretty sure I'm not a slut. And yeah, if they wear short skirts without getting into troub;e and your friend wears short skirts and gets a detention then sure, you're school is prejudice.

Anyway, what do you want, uniforms?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
February 10th, 2007 at 05:54am
dub tee eff.:

Its so stupid.
But they don't.

Is that stupid or what?
I hate it.

I'm sure you can deal.

At my school, I have a uniform. The girls can wear either pants or skirt, but for the seniors, the pants that you can wear are actually the guy pants. Therefore fitted for the guys. The skirts and pants are all designed to be worn on your waist, it's a uniform that hasn't been changed in 20 years, despite 10 years of complaints and requests for it to be changed.

So of course no one wears skirts or pants on their waist, so they buy a few sizes larger so they can wear them on their hips. That results in really baggy pants and lumpy skirts.

But you can deal with it, I'm sure. i mean, whatever. It's something that everyone has to wear, so who cares.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
February 10th, 2007 at 10:12am
This Irish all girl school is a "friends school" with my school via this teacher and they have sent us letter with pictures of their uniform and they`re beautiful. Its dark-red & brownish sweaters with checkered skirts and a tie with dark-red and light-brown stripes and plain black creepers-like shoes. I would really like to wear such a uniform. But public schools in Croatia don't have uniforms and I think thats the reason why there are so many complains. I don't think are knowledge should be judged on the way we dress, but some girls wear short skirts and open shirts and that bugs teachers so they complain, then it bugs those girls so they complain. Then parents get involved.... Too much mess.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 10th, 2007 at 12:17pm
Kurtni:
dub tee eff.:
Kurtni:
dub tee eff.:

Oh sorry.
It didn't really offend me, but I thought it'd be better for me to point it out before it did offend someone Mr. Green
Does that apply to your avatar?

This is towards all the ignorant people on this site. Can you stop assuming that girls with short skirts and little tank tops are sluts, and just because they roll up their skirts, it doesn't mean they're a whore, thank you very much.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 10th, 2007 at 12:55pm
Anji:

File Is my Avatar using gay in such a way that it's an insult? No, its actually refering to sexuality.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
February 10th, 2007 at 04:46pm
I HATE/ LOATH/ DETEST uniforms. They take the people's personality away. I love going to school with my clothes, people go different. My sister loves uniforms, though (she's a bit stupid).
warning.
King For A Couple Of Days
warning.
February 10th, 2007 at 05:18pm
waiting_a_long_time:
yeah, not whatever you want so no EXTREME short skirts or anything , but enough to show personality and individuality if you get my point

yeah i agree with that
my school isnt too strict they say they are but
i quite often get away with wearing non school shoes
or even some lessons i wear my jacket and the teachers arnt botherd
which is good because it keeps me nice and cosey

we have black trousers white polo shirt with logo
and a grey sweater thats also go a logo on
there was a time when we had to wear the sweater
and had to ask if we were aloud to take it off but
they abolished that after people complained

so our school is resonably ok on uniform
and by next year ill be in sixth forum so i wont have to wear
uniform anyways so i dont mind wearing it for a little longer
Erin; Technophile
Post Whore
Erin; Technophile

Mibba
February 10th, 2007 at 08:44pm
Meski:
I HATE/ LOATH/ DETEST uniforms. They take the people's personality away. I love going to school with my clothes, people go different. My sister loves uniforms, though (she's a bit stupid).
So the things you say/do and the way you act doesn't contribute ANYTHING to your personality? Uniforms may take away from some of your personality but it's not like they crush it into tiny, microscopic particles. What your wear is only one of the MANY ways you can use to express your indviduality.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 11th, 2007 at 03:37am
Kurtni:
Anji:

File Is my Avatar using gay in such a way that it's an insult? No, its actually refering to sexuality.
And George Clooney won't get offended?

...It is true though.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2007 at 05:19am
Meski:

I wear uniform and I still have a personality.
Rather large, loud one at that.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
February 11th, 2007 at 05:26am
SAINTâ„¢:
Meski:

I wear uniform and I still have a personality.
Rather large, loud one at that.

Yeah I'd have to say that despite the fact that I have to wear a uniform, I still express my personality quite well.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2007 at 06:00am
One thing I hate about my school is, that my friend got kicked out of the SRC for dying her hair green.

SRC = Student Council Representitive.
Register