Book: The Lovely Bones

AuthorMessage
Reality Is Due
Post Whore
Reality Is Due

Mibba
April 16th, 2006 at 04:47pm
Whoa there's no thread for this yet?

I read this book last year in 6th grade and I loved it even though it's not exactly in my "Reading Level" (which I never really go by anyway).The first chapter is kinda creepy but it's one of my favorite books.
Killed To Be A Goth Angel
King For A Couple Of Days

Mibba
April 16th, 2006 at 04:57pm
Very Happy Um can u plez give me the 411 on the book cuz i ordered it and i hear its a good book!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 05:43pm
Green Day junkie:
Very Happy Um can u plez give me the 411 on the book cuz i ordered it and i hear its a good book!

On her way home from school on a snowy December day, 14-year-old Susie Salmon is lured into a cornfield and brutally raped and murdered, the latest victim of a serial killer. The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold's haunting and heartbreaking debut novel, unfolds from heaven, where "life is a perpetual yesterday" and where Susie narrates and keeps watch over her grieving family and friends, as well as her brazen killer and the sad detective working on her case.

It sounds good. I'd like to read it.

Mibba
April 16th, 2006 at 08:18pm
Bloodraine:
Green Day junkie:

On her way home from school on a snowy December day, 14-year-old Susie Salmon is lured into a cornfield and brutally raped and murdered, the latest victim of a serial killer. The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold's haunting and heartbreaking debut novel, unfolds from heaven, where "life is a perpetual yesterday" and where Susie narrates and keeps watch over her grieving family and friends, as well as her brazen killer and the sad detective working on her case.

It sounds good. I'd like to read it.

WOW!! Thats a little shocking but ...Very Happy THANX!!! Very Happy
Red Vines
Geek
Red Vines
April 18th, 2006 at 01:57pm
It's not pleasant but it's a very good book, worth reading. Alice Sebold's other book 'Lucky' is worth reading too if you like this one.
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
April 27th, 2006 at 03:31pm
I really enjoyed the book, I didn't think I would due to the subject matter but Alice Sebold deals with it in such a delicate matter.....thought provoking too I think.

I'm looking forward to Peter Jackson's film adaptation of it!
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2006 at 02:45pm
I am reading this right now. I have it by my side.

God, it's amazing.

It's extraodinary and, "Destined to become a classic, in the vein of 'To Kill A Mockingbird'" - Anna Quindlen.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 31st, 2006 at 02:58pm
i LOVED this book, although i do think so went off track a few times - mainly at the end

i would of liked to know more about her sister and her relationship with *forgets his name*

i read it last year in grade 7, turns out my math teacher and a teacher's aid had jsut finished reading it
he was like are you reading that? i was like yeah Shifty and he was like coolio Fizz
wtf
HolleeHysteria
HolleeHysteria
November 1st, 2006 at 07:10am
I've read it. Its amazing... it really freaked me out.
Madeluxx
Madeluxx

Mibba
November 1st, 2006 at 07:12am
I started reading this book and really liked it but somehow came off reading it...I forget why.

But my mum keeps pursuading me to read it so I might pick it up again.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
November 1st, 2006 at 09:54am
I just read this book last week or 2 weeks ago. Oh my god. It was so good and sad. Sad

It was interesting, and different cuz it was from a different perspective, someone from above watching everyone below her. Definitely worth reading.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2006 at 11:10am
I love the ending to the book and how it ties in with the game she was playing in heaven oh it's briliant writing.

If this book has sligthly creeped you out i suggest you wait a couple of year sbefore tackling 'lucky'
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 1st, 2006 at 02:49pm
whats 'Lucky' about
Reality Is Due
Post Whore
Reality Is Due

Mibba
November 1st, 2006 at 10:05pm
Viva La Stupid:
whats 'Lucky' about
I'm pretty sure that's about Alice Sebold (the author) and how she got raped or something...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
November 2nd, 2006 at 12:43pm
Viva La Stupid:
whats 'Lucky' about

When Alice Sebold was in college she was raped by some man and the book starts there and it's a biography of one part of her life, and how like her own family partly blamed her. What she had to go through for the man to finally be caught. The prejudices of the time.

It's a good read but for mature readers only.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 2nd, 2006 at 02:48pm
NeoSteph:
Viva La Stupid:
whats 'Lucky' about

When Alice Sebold was in college she was raped by some man and the book starts there and it's a biography of one part of her life, and how like her own family partly blamed her. What she had to go through for the man to finally be caught. The prejudices of the time.

It's a good read but for mature readers only.

i see.
i'll be sure to look for it at barnes and nobles when i go
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2007 at 04:02am
OHMYGOD!

There is a movie being made out of this book! OMGyes

Check it.

I CAN'T WAIT.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
February 11th, 2007 at 05:15pm
OMGyes
i can't wait!
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
May 13th, 2007 at 08:15pm
I'm currenly reading this book, and I'm nearly finished. This book has got to be one of the most amazing books I have ever read.
It's so delicate but heavy at the same time. The language Alice uses is amazing.

You'd think it would be all about Susie, but no. It follows her family after her death and how it really affects them.

After this I wanna read Lucky. Sounds good but heartbreaking.

I heard about Peter Jackson writing the script. He's now shopping around for a company to make it like Paramount or something.
Isaac Clarke
Isaac Clarke
May 13th, 2007 at 09:09pm
I read a few chapters, but then I put it back in my teacher's bookshelf since I have a lot of other books to read.

I'll probably start reading it again once I get other books out of the way.
My mom says it's really good.
Register