Aliens

AuthorMessage
PentatonicA
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PentatonicA
May 12th, 2007 at 12:46am
Anji:
There's that ever present theory that aliens brought life to Earth.
Of course that's nice and all, but it would seem [...]

Interesting you mentioned that, I wouldn’t call it “nice” though….
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2007 at 06:38am
lyrical_mess:
Hey! I just realized. If even we managed to get contact with beings from another planet, there would be a huge language barrier.
Pity we didn't have a machine to translate any language needed.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 13th, 2007 at 01:04pm
PentatonicA:
Anji:
There's that ever present theory that aliens brought life to Earth.
Of course that's nice and all, but it would seem [...]

Interesting you mentioned that, I wouldn’t call it “nice” though….
Well, I think that it's nice to live.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
May 16th, 2007 at 02:25pm
Anji:
But that's why astronauts excersice in their space ships, that's what the excercise bicycles are for. There is no way to know the effect of more gravity on a person unless you visit the planet. (Or walk around with stacks of bricks taped onto your head. But still, you can never exactl tell.)
The bikes are because when you're up in space and there's lack of gravity; you don't use your muscles. We "fight" gravity all the time, so to say.

Sorry if that's what you were saying all along and I misunderstood it
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
May 17th, 2007 at 01:21pm
Before I didn't believe in aliens. But this thread really made me re-think it.
And the discovery of that planet that is pretty similar to Earth really made me believe something else is out there.

I don't think they look like the ones they show in SF movies though Laughing
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 18th, 2007 at 01:40pm
Killer_Tomato:
Anji:
But that's why astronauts excersice in their space ships, that's what the excercise bicycles are for. There is no way to know the effect of more gravity on a person unless you visit the planet. (Or walk around with stacks of bricks taped onto your head. But still, you can never exactl tell.)
The bikes are because when you're up in space and there's lack of gravity; you don't use your muscles. We "fight" gravity all the time, so to say.

Sorry if that's what you were saying all along and I misunderstood it
It's OK, that was what I was saying. But my point was that it's difficult to understand the effects of a dramatic increase in gravity on our bodies.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 3rd, 2007 at 11:34pm
Of course aliens exist. It's stupid to believe that in the whole entire never ending Universe that Earth is the only planet that can sustain life.

I have a great interest in this topic. Yet, I am sometimes scared to discuss it. Aliens are about the only things that scare me. That make it hard for me to sleep at night.

When I was younger, I fell off the top bunk bed and broke my nose. When my parenst asked me what happened, I told them an owl dropped me. When you read about trace memories, this is what aliens take form as to children and the like, so they won't be scared of them. It scared my Dad when I told him. He still brings it up sometimes, but I get all funny talking about it.

I can barely remember it though. I do still remember an owl. But, I don't know whether it's just what I wanted to believe..I don't know..

O.O .Why did I just type all this? ....You all think I'm odd now.
Blessed Catastrophe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Blessed Catastrophe

Mibba
June 4th, 2007 at 12:07am
vonny:
Of course aliens exist. It's stupid to believe that in the whole entire never ending Universe that Earth is the only planet that can sustain life.

I have a great interest in this topic. Yet, I am sometimes scared to discuss it. Aliens are about the only things that scare me. That make it hard for me to sleep at night.

When I was younger, I fell off the top bunk bed and broke my nose. When my parenst asked me what happened, I told them an owl dropped me. When you read about trace memories, this is what aliens take form as to children and the like, so they won't be scared of them. It scared my Dad when I told him. He still brings it up sometimes, but I get all funny talking about it.

I can barely remember it though. I do still remember an owl. But, I don't know whether it's just what I wanted to believe..I don't know..

thre's actually a scientific formula that proves there must be.

it's very complicated though.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 4th, 2007 at 12:15am
serialgreendayaddict:
vonny:

it's very complicated though.
That proves there must be aliens?

How awesome.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2007 at 11:46pm
serialgreendayaddict:

File Oh yeah, what is it?
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
June 8th, 2007 at 12:21pm
Kinda interesting, anyone read this week's New Scientist? That other beings may not require DNA, carbon or water to be?

I haven't yet, got a bill to pay but it's a quirky idea nonetheless. Cassie
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 8th, 2007 at 03:32pm
The Doctor:
Kinda interesting, anyone read this week's New Scientist? That other beings may not require DNA, carbon or water to be?

Isn't that just completely obvious though?
I mean, I learnt as much from ordinary Physics lessons.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 8th, 2007 at 08:24pm
That's pretty cool. Cassie
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
June 10th, 2007 at 07:50am
Maybe it is stupid to say "We're the only ones alive."

But what if we are? What if we, infact, are the only intelligent form of life in this universe?
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 10th, 2007 at 09:18pm
Killer_Tomato:

But what if we are? What if we, infact, are the only intelligent form of life in this universe?
Then the Universe needs to get a move on and make some new forms of life. :]
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2007 at 07:28am
Bloodraine:
The Doctor:

Isn't that just completely obvious though?
I mean, I learnt as much from ordinary Physics lessons.
I eventually read up on the article. Really interesting stuff. It gave examples of enzymes that scientists had grew that are usually water-based and they not only survived but flourished moreso in supercritical carbon dioxide and liquid ammonia. Cool beans, eh? This means that they're could be life on planets we think as dead like Venus and Mars, even extending far as Uranus.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2007 at 01:55pm
The Doctor:
I eventually read up on the article. Really interesting stuff. It gave examples of enzymes that scientists had grew that are usually water-based and they not only survived but flourished moreso in supercritical carbon dioxide and liquid ammonia. Cool beans, eh? This means that they're could be life on planets we think as dead like Venus and Mars, even extending far as Uranus.
Well, theoretically, there could be life on any planet,star, comet, asteroid, moon ect. The only thing we can study for sure at the moment would be if human-like life could exist there, because we know what we need. We have no way of knowing what lifeforms not based on carbon could need, the posibilities are endless. All we can do is search and look. Which presents the idea, what if lifeforms exist that we can't detect? It's possible. We know so little, right now virtually everyting is possible.
with all my heart
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
with all my heart
June 11th, 2007 at 01:59pm
good job researching all the info and stuff..
it's pretty freaky about that girl who said the owl dropped her. X|

i believe in aliens. they scare me though, because they're unknown. like, they could do anything to us and we don't even know until it happens.

now i'm all paranoid Cheese
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 12th, 2007 at 12:17pm
vonny:
Killer_Tomato:

Then the Universe needs to get a move on and make some new forms of life. :]
There could be life in other universes. Maybe we are the only forms of life in this universe, that could be attributed to the fact that our universe was specifically for us and all the conditions for which we are here today can be attributed to the fact that this universe was made so that the conditions are suitable only for our form of life. This is just a theory, not even my theory, just a random one suggesting life isn't in this universe but other ones.

Just one other fact to support my theory that even if there is other intellegent life in this universe, it wouldn't have visited us because the average distance between each star is approximately 20,000,000,000,000 miles which, assuming that obtaining the speed of light is impossible, would be a ridiculously long journey that would drive any life form mad.
Joel McHale.
King For A Couple Of Days
Joel McHale.

Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 12:53am
We can't be the only life forms. It's retarded to think that.
Register