Most overrated bands ever

AuthorMessage
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.
Geek
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.

Blog
April 22nd, 2010 at 03:32pm
Music to my ears:
ke$ha's pretty shitty and unoriginal too.

she's fun.
honestly, most music now is unoriginal.
so it's like why not.
but she's very dirty.
i don't think that girls seen the inside of a shower in 5 years.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
April 23rd, 2010 at 01:45am
fancy pants:
I like Owl City. And I don't know of anyone else who likes him. So I wouldn't really say he's over-rated. And I wouldn't compare him to Postal Service. All the people that I've seen complain about him are comparing him to Postal Service and saying he isn't as good. But who cares.. they're different bands. I mean sure, Owl City isn't the most awesomest ever. But they aren't bad.

Anyway, musicians that I think are over-rated:
U2. Absolute most over-rated band ever.

Miley Cyrus
Nirvana (they were decent, but really, they were not as amazing as they're given credit for.)
Linkin Park (or maybe just more over-played?)
Paramore (isn't their entire fan base a bunch of guys with fetishes for cute little red heads?)
The Offspring
Red Hot Chili Peppers
No Doubt
Beastie Boys
Lady Gaga
Kanye West
Jonas Brothers

I don't think Linkin Park is overrated or overplayed. Well, New Divide was overplayed, but that song is epic. And What I've Done sort of was...but I don't think the rest of their songs were overplayed. I mean I don't listen much to the radio or watch MTV and stuff, so maybe they are overplayed. But I most definitely wouldn't call them overrated.

Though this is coming from a huge LP fan.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
April 28th, 2010 at 11:36pm
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.:
Music to my ears:
uhhhhhhh
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 29th, 2010 at 09:24am
ke$ha makes terrible music. The songs just sound so jarring, forced and fake.
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.
Geek
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.

Blog
April 29th, 2010 at 05:45pm
Macfadyen:
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.:
Music to my ears:
uhhhhhhh

hm. it's seems as though you disagree, so there's either two reasons you disagree. you either 1, think that it's is all original, or 2, think it is all very unoriginal.

Well, for one i didn't say it all was unoriginal, i said most. there is a huge difference.
(if you believe most new music is original)

on the other hand, i said it was unoriginal. not everything needs to have amazing heart felt lyrics. some people make music just because they can, and i can't do anything about that.

I personally feel as far as unoriginal music goes, Ke$ha is probably my favorite.
and either way it all comes down to opinions. and you don't have to agree, i was just kind of bothered by your comment.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
May 17th, 2010 at 03:29am
sorry, didn't mean it to come off as offending

i dunno, to say that most new music now is unoriginal is kind of silly in my opinion. unless you're talking about most new popular music, in which case i agree completely. but popular music most certainly does not make up the majority of today's new music.

there's more new music being made today than ever, because it's so easy to find an audience. if you think it's all the same, then you're probably just not looking in the right places.
Batman.
Falling In Love With The Board
Batman.
May 26th, 2010 at 07:40am
TragicCaseofMyReality:
fancy pants:
I like Owl City. And I don't know of anyone else who likes him. So I wouldn't really say he's over-rated. And I wouldn't compare him to Postal Service. All the people that I've seen complain about him are comparing him to Postal Service and saying he isn't as good. But who cares.. they're different bands. I mean sure, Owl City isn't the most awesomest ever. But they aren't bad.

Anyway, musicians that I think are over-rated:
U2. Absolute most over-rated band ever.

Miley Cyrus
Nirvana (they were decent, but really, they were not as amazing as they're given credit for.)
Linkin Park (or maybe just more over-played?)
Paramore (isn't their entire fan base a bunch of guys with fetishes for cute little red heads?)
The Offspring
Red Hot Chili Peppers
No Doubt
Beastie Boys
Lady Gaga
Kanye West
Jonas Brothers

I agree with you list, except for Nirvana (ironic since I'm listening to one of their songs right now) and The Beastie Boys. The Beastie Boys are freaking fantastic. and I think that Owl City IS overrated. you might not know anyone else who likes him, but I know PLENTY. and it's getting annoying. but he sure is better than bieber or anyone else on your list (minus the two I mentioned), I must say.

OMG. Beastie Boys do not belong on that list, ever.
Edit; or Paramore. I'm not a guy and I don't have a fetish for red-heads, plus their music is really good. The're good live, too. Overplayed -- yes, but overrated -- no.
Another Edit; AND NO DOUBT.
Batman.
Batman.
May 26th, 2010 at 07:46am
Jay Tee:
Green Day are the second greatest band of all time behind Lady Gaga.

I really hope you're joking
Batman.
Batman.
May 26th, 2010 at 07:46am
Jay Tee:

nvm double post
clark
GSBitch
clark
May 26th, 2010 at 05:23pm
iViva La Hannah!:
Jay Tee:
SHUT UP
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
May 28th, 2010 at 06:27am
CROWLEY:
iViva La Hannah!:
Jay Tee:
SHUT UP

I agree with this comment.
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
May 30th, 2010 at 11:12am
Miley Cyrus, as everyone knows.
Nirvana are overrated because of their well known songs, for example, someone will claim to be a fan when they only know "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
I like Owl City I don't believe he's overrated, I like his style.
And since all that stuff happened with Paramore and Hayley Williams they've become even more overrated.
Sick Muse
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Sick Muse
May 31st, 2010 at 01:55pm
Paramore and not just cause of what's happened with Hayley.. I just don't see the big deal about them at all
clark
GSBitch
clark
May 31st, 2010 at 06:06pm
hayley has great tits
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 1st, 2010 at 01:30pm
I would suck on them that's for sure.
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
June 4th, 2010 at 02:41am
Sick Muse:
Paramore and not just cause of what's happened with Hayley.. I just don't see the big deal about them at all

I've come to the conclusion recently that they aren't quite as overrated as I once believed. I saw them live and they rocked it. any band that can deliver as good as or better live then how they sound on cd earns some respect from me. because lets face it, most bands/artists rely too heavily on digital stuff to make them sound better rather than actual talent. so the fact that they could deliver live was refreshing. I still think they're overrated, just not as much as I did before.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
June 5th, 2010 at 03:16pm
HIM is so overrated. I can't stand them anymore.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
June 6th, 2010 at 12:31pm
They are not overrated. I don't say they are underrated, because they turned shit after Venus Doom, and because of that you don't hear anything about them any more.
They may have been overrated in Razorblade Romance era, because everone ~liked them, but if they don't make a great CD asap they can say goodbye to their fans and their career.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
June 10th, 2010 at 02:55pm
^^ actually i think their last album screamworks is pretty good. I kind of rediscovered them, and idk if it's just a phase or not but him sounds pretty rad to me atm.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
June 10th, 2010 at 06:42pm
i think the album is really not creative and all the songs sound the same. I hate that I'm talking like that about them because i used to be a massive fan but it's my opinion Sad
Register