Most overrated bands ever

AuthorMessage
Newt.
Post Whore
Newt.
July 2nd, 2011 at 04:29pm
muffinhumps?:
Slipknot! Slipknot! Slipknot!

I know this is a late reply but I just got to agree here. They're okay but it's not like they're better than i.e. Green Day (I think many people on here think Green Day are awesome. Laughing). Definetly overrated.
Newt.
Post Whore
Newt.
July 2nd, 2011 at 04:29pm
muffinhumps?:
Slipknot! Slipknot! Slipknot!

I know this is a late reply but I just got to agree here. They're okay but it's not like they're better than i.e. Green Day (I think many people on here think Green Day are awesome. Laughing). Definetly overrated.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
July 3rd, 2011 at 06:31am
My brother and I were having a discussion about Slipknot last night. He likes them, I think they're absolute shite. I told him that whereas with a lot of bands it's a matter of opinion whether you like them or not, with Slipknot it's a matter of right or wrong - it's inherently wrong to like them.

They're not even overrated, they're just absolutely dire and the moment they go back to their day jobs will be a cause for celebration in the civilised world. I kind of like Psychosocial, but that's it - the rest of their 'music' is tuneless or dull, quite often simultaneously. How on earth they've managed to sell a single record is beyond me.

/rant

I also find Iron Maiden and AC/DC boring, Limp Bizkit generally dreadful and Linkin Park painful.
Raymond
Post Whore
Raymond
July 3rd, 2011 at 12:46pm
I hate Slipknot. I don't get why they're so angry and violent. They're a classic example of encouraging teenagers to be violent, angry, hateful shits.

Same with Marilyn Manson. Cannot stand him. He's boring.

On a different note, I also don't 'get' Beyonce. Her music is irritating and boring, yet when she was at Glastonbury last week, everyone acted like she was some kind of goddess. I'm not a pop music* snob, there's a few artists in that sort of category I quite like. But Beyonce is dull.

*Pop music as in...that kind, not pop music as in The Beatles and other popular music.

That made no sense.
Blahhhhh.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
July 4th, 2011 at 05:19am
Hand I love Beyonce, though some of her songs are dull I'll agree.

I like Nirvana, but I think they're horrendously overrated. Hole are much better imo Shifty
Raymond
Post Whore
Raymond
July 4th, 2011 at 01:40pm
YES TO NIRVANA. I used to love them, but now I think they're boring and Kurt was like the whiniest, most depressing man ever. It's like FFS, YOU STOPPED BEING A TEENAGER WHEN YOU HIT 20.
YET YOU CHOSE TO SING ABOUT TEENAGE ANGST UNTIL YOU DIED.
AT 27.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
July 4th, 2011 at 01:55pm
iawtc, I saw some idiotic post on Tumblr earlier replying to someone asking why Nirvana were supposed to be so great when they're so depressing, and the reply post said something like "Pop music is all about happiness, Nirvana thought being happy was too mainstream, they speak for those of us who experience pain and suffering" and I was like... WHAT THE FUCK. pop music is littered with tragedy and sadness, it's just more inventive and HOPEFUL than "whine whine whine" a la Cobain, some of his lyrics are clever but some of them are just blehhhhhhhh. I don't understand why people who hate screamo etc are so ready to rim Nirvana because their In Utero/Bleach stuff involves lots of screaming which is so tuneless. [Hole's first album is also full of screaming, but Live Through This is magnificent.]
and idgaf what anyone says, Nirvana's cover of Man Who Sold The World is NOT better than Bowie's, his whiny voice ruins it completely!

I admit that I have some resentment towards them because whenever I go on Hole videos on YouTube, they're full of wankers going on about how Courtney supposedly killed Kurt... (which is bollox in any case). Courtney Love may be a psycho, but imo she's more talented than Kurt; Hole were more popular in the underground than Nirvana until Nevermind came out. And that's as overrated as fuck too, incidentally.
Raymond
Post Whore
Raymond
July 4th, 2011 at 02:36pm
THANK YOU FOR THAT.

I think Nirvana are just one of those bands you grow out of when you reach like...16 (UNLESS YOU'RE WILL FROM ABOUT A BOY).

And back in my grunge days (lol my grunge days) I discovered waaaay better grunge bands than Nirvana. Hole being one of them ~~

I actually really can't stand Kurt fucking Cobain. I hate seeing pictures of him just sat there looking moody and like he had the worst life ever (seriously, I read a biography about him and it just seemed to go on about how his parents getting divorced ruined his life, and that was why he was so angry and did da drugz). I hate his voice. I hate his talking voice. I hate 'Cobainiacs' (those boys who completely copy his look and sound, though I've not come across any of them for years). I just hate him. I don't mind Dave (quite the opposite actually, he's one of my heroezzz), or Krist, he seems decent, but Kurt is just...ughguhfhugdfhugdfgfuckoff.
Raymond
Post Whore
Raymond
July 4th, 2011 at 02:37pm
Oh, and he seems like he was really rude to everyone.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
July 4th, 2011 at 05:32pm
yay Jen HOLE LOVE FTW

But yeah, he's the epitome of the 'troubled white man'. It's not like he had to show the therapist on the doll where the man touched him, or suffered being shot five times in a drive-by shooting, or anything like that. Ok, so it's possible to be incredibly depressed with relatively few problems (I should know), but come the fuck on Kurt, we don't all channel our ~unfathomable rage and misery~ into a hugely overrated couple of albums with our whiny-ass voices.

actually now I'm thinking about it I HATE his voice Cheese
lisbeth
Falling In Love With The Board
lisbeth
August 5th, 2011 at 06:44pm
black veil brides. i honestly thought they were a joke when i first heard them. still do tbh.
but then again i'm not all that surprised that tweens like them... that andy sixx dude (suuch an original stage name Rolling Eyes) is like the new gerard way haha.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 10th, 2011 at 05:06am
I hated Nirvana with a passion until like 6 months ago, then someone put Nevermind on at a friend's house, and it was just like my ears had opened and I finally ~got it~ Sad sorry.
FandomLocked
King For A Couple Of Days
FandomLocked
September 24th, 2011 at 08:45pm
I actucally think Nirvana is amazing and different,I don't think they're overrated at all

My personal opinion for a few overrated band/singers are

Lady Gaga-I just dont like her,I dont see her talent
Brittney Spears-Same with Lady Gaga,I just dont like her
Maroon 5-I haven't found any of their songs I like
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
September 25th, 2011 at 06:14am
They're absolutely overrated. Even if they were the best band ever, they'd still be overrated - the amount of obsequiousness that Kurt Cobain's song-writing skills have been lathered in over time makes it impossible for them to ever live up to the ludicrous hype that surrounds them. It's basically illegal to say that Nevermind isn't that great an album. It's good... but not great. There are so many more albums that have more creativity in a five-second excerpt than Nevermind has in the whole thing Wall
To be honest, I find them a little bit mediocre.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
September 28th, 2011 at 09:49pm
Pikachu.:
They're absolutely overrated. Even if they were the best band ever, they'd still be overrated - the amount of obsequiousness that Kurt Cobain's song-writing skills have been lathered in over time makes it impossible for them to ever live up to the ludicrous hype that surrounds them. It's basically illegal to say that Nevermind isn't that great an album. It's good... but not great. There are so many more albums that have more creativity in a five-second excerpt than Nevermind has in the whole thing Wall
To be honest, I find them a little bit mediocre.
THIS
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
September 28th, 2011 at 11:34pm
Once they're dead, everybody's amazing. I do like Nirvana though.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
October 27th, 2011 at 12:55pm
Elbow, Tim Minchin (not a band, and more a comedian than a singer but he does musical comedy so...) and Bjork.
Raymond
Post Whore
Raymond
October 27th, 2011 at 04:19pm
Yes @ Bjork.
And also the others but especially Bjork.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
October 27th, 2011 at 05:41pm
I listened to a few songs from Biophilia and they're ok I guess, very well thought out, but a bit tedious really Confused
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
November 1st, 2011 at 08:32am
Black Veil Brides... Enough said.
Register