No Work At The 'Time Of The Month'?

AuthorMessage
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
April 23rd, 2006 at 01:29am
yeah im not sure if they should give women time of for it, I mean sometimes mine are bad sometimes they arnt, its not an every month omg I cant go to school/work or anything because of it. So using an occasional sick day for the times that I cant walk because it feels like knives are being repeatedly stabbed into me and twisted all day, would be ok. But I dont think we should get paid for it or use it every single month or whatever, if its that bad you should talk to your doctor or something.
Gustavatron.
Addict
Gustavatron.
April 23rd, 2006 at 04:34am
Well, there wouldn't be a problem...
'Cause there'd be something weird...ish if someone had 'that time of the month' every second day.

It's a good idea... but still a bad one.

o_o And what will come next?
Some women are way to whiney. It's not like it's been like this forever, and ever. x_x
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 23rd, 2006 at 05:18am
This is just the world is getting wrapped up in cotton wool.

I get period pains, they hurt, it's uncomfortable but i get on with it. If it gets too bad then you can just go home.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
April 23rd, 2006 at 05:43pm
I get cramps, not too bad though.
Cept this one time, I felt like I was misscaring the Anti-christ. XD
but yeah that's what Midol is for.
Relion
Falling In Love With The Board
Relion
April 24th, 2006 at 05:54am
I haven't heard of that, and i see both sides of the arguments. One time i was at school and i had really bad cramps and i just couldn't concentrate on my work. It didn't really help that some stupid boys were imitating me, like holding their stomachs. Gah.
Yeah.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 24th, 2006 at 09:04am
oh please save up and have an hyseterectomy if you cant take painkillers for menstral cramps. What about the women who have these cramps ALL the time every day non stop?
Just a Puppet...
Addict
Just a Puppet...
April 24th, 2006 at 02:12pm
I'm undecided =\. Cause mine last for at least a week, and I have pains the two beginning and two end days x_x. When I do I have to take time off school though, cause when I move I throw up x_x. And I faint a lot when I'm on it if I move around too much..
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
April 24th, 2006 at 02:56pm
I don't really get cramps so I ggo to school anyway.
924 adeline street
Geek
924 adeline street
April 26th, 2006 at 08:34am
unless they are unbearable i say...suck it up soldier, just do it... thats life (yeah being a girl sucks sometimes)
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
April 26th, 2006 at 10:21pm
I don't see why women should get time off work just b/c of their periods. Cramps DO suck, but they have to suck it up and deal with it.
neil patrick harris.
Jackass
neil patrick harris.

Blog
April 26th, 2006 at 10:57pm
Even though I know what it's like to go through all the cramps and stuff, I think that's a dumb idea. People need to handle pain better and get over it.
rock_music_GD
Geek
rock_music_GD
April 28th, 2006 at 06:04am
I see one side. If you get really bad cramps, take the day off. Simple. If a guy has cramps TAKE THE FUCKING DAY OFF! I always go home from school on the first day of my period 'cause I can barely walk they're that bad . . . So that's why I see only one side. Cramps that bad MUST be compensated for LOL

Rock On!
Emily X(
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
April 29th, 2006 at 02:39pm
Haha, I wish.
But I don't think it's fair. Quite stupid actually.
If you get bad cramps, bring Midol. Bring extra.... products. If I have to sit through school with it, work shouldn't be much different.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 29th, 2006 at 03:15pm
this is just like saying if your a smoker you should have a fag break but if your not a smoker you dont.

Take some painkillers, you dont see nurses having a day of because of period pains.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 29th, 2006 at 08:05pm
Magne:
this is just like saying if your a smoker you should have a fag break but if your not a smoker you dont.

Take some painkillers, you dont see nurses having a day of because of period pains.

Well, its not really. Because smokers choose to smoke. Women don't choose to get periods.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
April 29th, 2006 at 09:01pm
I get horrible pain so yeah, women should be able to take a free day if they're really bad.
Valentine
Jackass
Valentine
April 30th, 2006 at 02:09pm
I think this is a stupid idea. I know I'm a woman and all, and I get horrible pains that mean it makes me cry to even move. Did you know men have a time of the month? Its true, its called IMS, Irritable Male Syndrome. Not that they get a period, but they get even shorter tempers and are more lathargic(sp?) and less likely to do anything aorund this time. So if a company lets of 25 female workers for there periods, then they should recognise IMS too, so let off 25 male workers too. If this happens all at the same time the company would be 50 workers down nd getting no where fast. People would abuse this. Granted, there should be 3 days a month extra sick days where a woman should be given the choice to take a day off, but not get paid.
heywhatnow
heywhatnow

Blog
April 30th, 2006 at 05:48pm
That's pretty stupid.
You could just lie and say that you had this really long period that lasted two weeks or something, and you'd still get paid.
That's not fair.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
April 30th, 2006 at 06:35pm
Its a bad idea not only because its unfair to the men but in a way its unfair to women as well.
Just say you're an employer, you get two people of equal skill and qualifications looking for the same job, who are you going to pick? Well that's simple isn't it? The guy of course, because he wont take a paid week off every month, now will he?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 1st, 2006 at 07:18am
you dont see men having a day of because they are having a bad day with they're balls
Register