No Work At The 'Time Of The Month'?

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 3rd, 2006 at 09:31am
Magne:
you dont see men having a day of because they are having a bad day with they're balls

Exactly. Suck it up and deal with it, everyone(girls) has to put up with it, you dont need a day off for a bodily function Rolling Eyes
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
May 3rd, 2006 at 09:59am
Deal with it.
I have to run when I'm on my period, so Betty from accounting should have to sit and crunch numbers.
Invalid.
Jackass
Invalid.
May 3rd, 2006 at 10:39am
What a stupid idea.

It's not an illness.

Though the way people treat it, seems like it.
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
May 4th, 2006 at 04:17am
Since having my office job for a year, I have had one sick day off for my period, other times I have gone to work and basically had to sit through it (many times I have come close to fainting)....but if I take a couple of tablets and bring in a hot pad it usually goes within a few hours.

My boss understands if I'm not feeling too good and allows me to have a longer break during the day.......(not that I'm on a full time break anyway Very Happy ) I think its just a way of life and you just have to deal with it in the workplace.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 4th, 2006 at 08:32am
The Artist Must Be True:
Since having my office job for a year, I have had one sick day off for my period, other times I have gone to work and basically had to sit through it (many times I have come close to fainting)....but if I take a couple of tablets and bring in a hot pad it usually goes within a few hours.

My boss understands if I'm not feeling too good and allows me to have a longer break during the day.......(not that I'm on a full time break anyway Very Happy ) I think its just a way of life and you just have to deal with it in the workplace.

thats pathetic Rolling Eyes

Everyone else deals with it, why should anyone get special treatment for something like that? It's just stupid.
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
May 4th, 2006 at 10:03am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
The Artist Must Be True:

Everyone else deals with it, why should anyone get special treatment for something like that? It's just stupid.

What's pathetic? The fact that I do deal with it like I said?

And my boss doesn’t give me longer breaks all the time – only a couple of occasions when I nearly collapsed on her!
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
May 4th, 2006 at 10:12am
I fainted once because of period, and I think it is a fair way for women, because sometimes it is really painful. But thay could prove the truth about period just with a dirty thing. Eww..
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 4th, 2006 at 11:09am
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Don't be so harsh.

People have different pain threshholds, remember.

You have to be tolerant, just because you can deal with it some people really can't do pain- i'm one off the lucky ones where I can deal with it but some people really can't. Everyone is different. Just because I can sit through some stomach cramps doesn't mean the girl next to me isn't writhing around in total agony because its harder for her to deal with.
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
May 4th, 2006 at 11:20am
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Don't be so harsh.

You have to be tolerant, just because you can deal with it some people really can't do pain- i'm one off the lucky ones where I can deal with it but some people really can't. Everyone is different. Just because I can sit through some stomach cramps doesn't mean the girl next to me isn't writhing around in total agony because its harder for her to deal with.
Well said and truthful. I agree with it.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
May 4th, 2006 at 02:52pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Don't be so harsh.

Exactly and you have to take into account that some girls get worse cramps than others, someone who eats prefectly healthy, exercises lots and is fairly stress free is of couse going to have an easier time of cramps than someone who is stressed out and eating total rubbish.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
May 4th, 2006 at 04:08pm
Fuck_America:
I'd love that. cause I get really bad cramps. I'd dont have a job yet, but I akways have to take the first day of my period of from school cause my cramps are so bad, I can barely stand up.
I can sympathize with you there, mine are the same.
I always had to take a day off school for it the first day because they would be so bad. I think it'd be a good idea to those women who have it bad their time of the month
Booyah.
King For A Couple Of Days
Booyah.
May 4th, 2006 at 04:27pm
personally, i don't think women should get a day off because of their periods.
it's understandable if they have cramps that are actually going to effect them/their health in a way that would prevent them from working, or if the pain is too much and a health hazard.
but just because you have cramps, i don't think you should get the day off.
it's like in school, just because you're on your period, you're going to have a day off?
i can understand how some people may feel, but i disagree that women should get the day off unless they're in intense pain with cramps.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 4th, 2006 at 05:00pm
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Don't be so harsh.

Exactly and you have to take into account that some girls get worse cramps than others, someone who eats prefectly healthy, exercises lots and is fairly stress free is of couse going to have an easier time of cramps than someone who is stressed out and eating total rubbish.

No One is going to die from cramps, it's a natural process and I still say they need to suck it up Rolling Eyes
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 5th, 2006 at 12:26pm
it depends on the job
and it doesn't matter who's point of veiw it's from, because when you're deciding political matters you're supposed to think with everyone's best interest at mind

and saying that: I am all for it (though there will be a lot of trouble following it, but we'll work that out
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
May 5th, 2006 at 12:29pm
spill_no_sick:
it depends on the job
and it doesn't matter who's point of veiw it's from, because when you're deciding political matters you're supposed to think with everyone's best interest at mind

and saying that: I am all for it (though there will be a lot of trouble following it, but we'll work that out

there's an indian judge who says that women shouldnt become judges and be in positions that involve making descions about serious matters because he reckons that our minds are elsewhere during our periods and just before we have them
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2006 at 01:16pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
No One is going to die from cramps, it's a natural process and I still say they need to suck it up Rolling Eyes

Well its easy for you to say that, isn't it. All to easy. Confused
I mean, ten years ago I had a disease which caused me a helluva lot of abdominal pain, did I have to 'suck it up'?.
Its the same thing, I can bet you it might be just as bad for them as it was for me.

I still don't think this is a good idea. I mean, take time off if you need it for period pain, but I don't want it to become official because people will take advantage and it will be a disadvantage for women if an employer knows you are entitled to take x days of work off per year. They'll just hire a man.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2006 at 04:54pm
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Well its easy for you to say that, isn't it. All to easy. Confused
I mean, ten years ago I had a disease which caused me a helluva lot of abdominal pain, did I have to 'suck it up'?.
Its the same thing, I can bet you it might be just as bad for them as it was for me.

I still don't think this is a good idea. I mean, take time off if you need it for period pain, but I don't want it to become official because people will take advantage and it will be a disadvantage for women if an employer knows you are entitled to take x days of work off per year. They'll just hire a man.

You had a disease, not your period. People get bad cramps, that isnt a reason to quit working for 3 days (or however many) Take some midol and get on with your day.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
May 5th, 2006 at 07:52pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Did I say anyone was going to die from cramps? No I didn't.
All pain is a natural process, its your bodies way of letting you know somethings wrong, but you wouldn't tell everyone in pain to "suck it up" now would you?
Its just such a tipical attitude to have, "oh I have to go through that and so does everyone else, so you shouldn't get allowences made"
Well lots of people burn there fingers and hands, but if it caused them pain to use their hand you wouldn't force them to do that or call them pathetic when they didn't just because you burned your hand before and it didn't hurt you that bad.

Well I say to each their own; if you've got really bad cramps take the odd day off, if you haven't don't! And don't begrudge people a few allowences because they're in more pain than you are. Simple as that.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2006 at 07:54pm
Incubus:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

All pain is a natural process, its your bodies way of letting you know somethings wrong, but you wouldn't tell everyone in pain to "suck it up" now would you?
Its just such a tipical attitude to have, "oh I have to go through that and so does everyone else, so you shouldn't get allowences made"
Well lots of people burn there fingers and hands, but if it caused them pain to use their hand you wouldn't force them to do that or call them pathetic when they didn't just because you burned your hand before and it didn't hurt you that bad.

Well I say to each their own; if you've got really bad cramps take the odd day off, if you haven't don't! And don't begrudge people a few allowences because they're in more pain than you are. Simple as that.
Ok, burning your hand and having cramps from your period are totally different, but whatever. I think it's ignorant to have it a requirement to give women the day off for their periods, if you want to waste your vacation days go for it.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
May 5th, 2006 at 07:59pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Incubus:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Ok, burning your hand and having cramps from your period are totally different, but whatever. I think it's ignorant to have it a requirement to give women the day off for their periods, if you want to waste your vacation days go for it.

I'm not saying every woman should get a week off every month, but if your cramps are bad just call in sick.
Register