UEFA Champions League

AuthorMessage
Canadian_saint
Idiot
Canadian_saint
May 18th, 2006 at 12:45am
I felt awful for not wanting Arsenal to win, with me being English. But I just don't like them Very Happy Plus I have a soft spot for Barcelona
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
May 18th, 2006 at 02:37am
I feel as bitter as Henry today! Crying or Very sad

We were the better side, they never outplayed us, but hey what can you do when the ref is a Barca fan. Next year we'll be back...
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
May 18th, 2006 at 03:06am
Told you Barca would win.

The referee was absolutely APPALLING. I could have reffed better than that. I did feel sorry for Arsenal, I thought they were going to do it. Eto'o's goal was just offside, but I don't you can disagree about Beletti's.

If Henry had taken his chances, you would have won - he could have had a hat-trick.

Feel sorry for Jens Lehmann - ref should have let the play go on as Giuly had the ball. I feel even more sorry for Pires - a frenchman taken off in Paris.

I have to question Arsene Wenger's substitutions. I would not have bought on Reyes - I would have bought on Bergkamp - fantastic player who the Premiership is going to miss.

In conclusion, a number of things contributed to Arsenal's downfall. Better luck next year Smile.

Now Im off down the pub.
Canadian_saint
Idiot
Canadian_saint
May 18th, 2006 at 03:34am
The Artist Must Be True:

He wasnt very happy was he??
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
May 18th, 2006 at 03:38am
Yep totally agree – the ref was appalling, and I was screaming at the TV every 5 minutes through his bad decisions. And I must say I HATE VAN BOMMEL – what a hacking little turd.

Felt for Lehmann – his shocked face just got to me – but it was a sending off. I felt for Pires also, he looked absolutely devastated – who can blame him (got a feeling that was his last game). Quality player though – always will be.

I knew Arsene would bring on Reyes – just a gut instinct, but yeah Bergy or Van Persie would’ve been better but ah well. I hope Bergkamp becomes the next Arsenal Manager - he’s class!

And Henry better bloody announce what he’s doing soon….

Roll on June 9th!
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
May 18th, 2006 at 03:42am
Canadian_saint:
The Artist Must Be True:

He wasnt very happy was he??

No he wasn’t……he knew we should’ve won. When they asked ‘Did the best side win?’ he was like NO, NO! Absolutely livid!

And the way he was speaking about Barcelona gets me thinking that he will stay with us, *fingers crossed*
Matty.
King For A Couple Of Days
Matty.
May 18th, 2006 at 11:49pm
My run down of the game:

Refereeing was crap, the red card was correct but the ref should have waited aad allowed to play continue becuase the ball was headed to a barca player. That goal should have counted

Henry could have won the game, he missed some easy shots.

The only reason arsenal lost was due to fatige.Barca got 2 gaols in about 15 mins of eachother, than passed the ball around taking advantage of thier extra man

Barcelona rule!!!!!!!!
Matty.
Matty.
May 19th, 2006 at 12:06am
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
My run down of the game:

Refereeing was crap, the red card was correct but the ref should have waited aad allowed to play continue becuase the ball was headed to a barca player. That goal should have counted

The only reason arsenal lost was due to fatige.Barca got 2 gaols in about 15 mins of eachother, than passed the ball around taking advantage of thier extra man

Barcelona rule!!!!!!!!

arsenal should have won... Evil or Very Mad

not really, they had a crap Premiership season, got nocked out of fa cup and the only cool person they have is thiery henry...who is most likely moving to barcelona next season anyway
Matty.
Matty.
May 19th, 2006 at 12:13am
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
My run down of the game:

Barcelona rule!!!!!!!!

not really, they had a crap Premiership season, got nocked out of fa cup and the only cool person they have is thiery henry...who is most likely moving to barcelona next season anyway

GRRRRRRRRR *hiss* anrsenal are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better

obviously not
Matty.
Matty.
May 19th, 2006 at 12:22am
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
The only reason arsenal lost was due to fatige.

what happened to you thinking that ^^^
pffft u know anrsenal are better

They got tired, barcelona didn't. That means that barcelona were the better team
Matty.
Matty.
May 19th, 2006 at 12:27am
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:

They got tired, barcelona didn't. That means that barcelona were the better team

no it doesnt

ahh... how i love our little debates... Look at the freaking score, it goes like this 1-2

ARSEnal 1
BARCELONA 2 and $20 for me
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
May 19th, 2006 at 05:11am
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
My run down of the game:

Barcelona rule!!!!!!!!

Nope he's not moving to Barcelona.....and what does it matter if you are 'cool' or not......we have many great players who will come on leaps and bounds next season.
Matty.
Matty.
May 19th, 2006 at 07:11am
The Artist Must Be True:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
My run down of the game:

Barcelona rule!!!!!!!!

Nope he's not moving to Barcelona.....and what does it matter if you are 'cool' or not......we have many great players who will come on leaps and bounds next season.

i was just joking about the "cool" thing lol, arsenal should be proud that they got there
The Artist Must Be True
Idiot
The Artist Must Be True
May 19th, 2006 at 07:25am
Saiyan:
The Artist Must Be True:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
My run down of the game:

Barcelona rule!!!!!!!!

i was just joking about the "cool" thing lol, arsenal should be proud that they got there

Oh okay, I just get a bit snappy at things I'm passionate about - so I'll let you off! Very Happy
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
May 19th, 2006 at 02:11pm
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:

no it doesnt

It means the Barca players have better fitness.

But a team with better players can score 3 goals in the first half, tire at around 70 minutes and defend. By that time you would have defenders and defensive midfielders on as subs anyway, so they could have easily won.

If Henry had put those 3 chances he had away, Arsenal would have won.

END OF.
Matty.
Matty.
May 19th, 2006 at 09:32pm
Stuart and the Avenue:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:

no it doesnt

But a team with better players can score 3 goals in the first half, tire at around 70 minutes and defend. By that time you would have defenders and defensive midfielders on as subs anyway, so they could have easily won.

END OF.

I disagree. The score should have been 3-0 to barcelona

The first gaol should have counted and the gaolie given a yellow card

The free kick that arsenal was awarded that resulted in their first gaol was by no stretch of the imagination a free kick. The arsenal player took a dive and should have actually been given a yellow card, not a free kick

Then Eto'o's goal and the winner they got would have made it 3-0
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
May 20th, 2006 at 04:23am
Saiyan:
Stuart and the Avenue:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:

no it doesnt

END OF.

The free kick that arsenal was awarded that resulted in their first gaol was by no stretch of the imagination a free kick. The arsenal player took a dive and should have actually been given a yellow card, not a free kick

Im going on what happened.

So, Giuly's goal counts, Lehmann doesn't get sent off. 1 - 0
Campbell puts Arsenal on level terms. 1 - 1
Eto'o scores. 2 - 1
Beletti scores. 3 - 1.

So, like I said. If Henry put the 3 chances he had away, then Arsenal would have won 4- 3

EDIT - oh yeah it wasnt a free kick, but im going on what happened. Having said that, Eto'o was offside.
Matty.
Matty.
May 20th, 2006 at 04:33am
Stuart and the Avenue:
Saiyan:
Stuart and the Avenue:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:

no it doesnt

END OF.

Eto'o scores. 2 - 1
Beletti scores. 3 - 1.

So, like I said. If Henry put the 3 chances he had away, then Arsenal would have won 4- 3

EDIT - oh yeah it wasnt a free kick, but im going on what happened. Having said that, Eto'o was offside.

There was a defender on the other side of the feild near the post that put him onside (Im not 100% sure, but on the reply thats what it looked like)
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
May 20th, 2006 at 04:41am
Saiyan:
Stuart and the Avenue:
Saiyan:
Stuart and the Avenue:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:

no it doesnt

END OF.

Eto'o scores. 2 - 1
Beletti scores. 3 - 1.

There was a defender on the other side of the feild near the post that put him onside (Im not 100% sure, but on the reply thats what it looked like)

I thought on at first, but then a replay showed he was off in my opinion.

SKY Sports did a MUCH better coverage than ITV.
Matty.
Matty.
May 20th, 2006 at 04:45am
Stuart and the Avenue:
Saiyan:
Stuart and the Avenue:
Saiyan:
Stuart and the Avenue:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:
Trunks <3:
Saiyan:

no it doesnt

END OF.

Eto'o scores. 2 - 1
Beletti scores. 3 - 1.

I thought on at first, but then a replay showed he was off in my opinion.

SKY Sports did a MUCH better coverage than ITV.

I watched it on SBS and ESPN, i'll take your word for it, but hey at least we can agree on this...The REF WAS CRAP!!
Register