April 22nd, 2008 at 01:04am
YES HABS WON!!!
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
April 22nd, 2008 at 01:05am
dunkirk:
aah.

nana-nana. nana-nana. heyheyheyyy goodbyyye, Bruins.

...Coolio yeahh. I love my Habs.

And since the Capitals won, I believe we WILL be playing the Rangers?

I too love the Habs Con

I'm pretty sure we play the Rangers next.
and the winner of the Capitals & Flyers play Pittsburgh.

I'd love to see Washington play Pittsburgh in the next round.
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
April 23rd, 2008 at 01:20am
I have to just say for the record that the Flyers & Capitals game was a huge disappointment. But a very good game to say the least.

My dad was trying to tell me something that happened in Montreal after they put boston out.
He mentioned something about a huge riot or something? Anyone know anything on this?
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
April 23rd, 2008 at 07:57pm
Aly:
OMGyes I am so glad to see you posting in this.
I'm happy that you revived the thread and people are posting, it's been awhile.

I was pretty disappointed about the Capitals to, I really thought that they had a chance to win last night. And I'd rather have the Penguins play the Capitals. But at least the Penguins don't have to play the Flyers, I think that'd be pretty hard after the break between the first round and now.

I'm also happy that Detroit won, since they're one of the only teams I care about from the west.
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
April 24th, 2008 at 01:15am
Well, once the playoffs started I thought of this thread, which made me think of you, So I had to do this.

I thought the Capitals would upset the Flyers, and Make it fairly far in the east. Knocking out The Penguins. to Prove that Ovechkin is so much better than Crosby. Very Happy

So do you have any idea who plays who in the next round?
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
April 24th, 2008 at 04:20pm
I was kind of pissed at the trade deadline that the Capitals were able to get Huet. But I thought that they could've made it to the second round. I'm pretty sure that the Penguins owned the Capitals everytime that we played them this season (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure). And I think it was without Crosby, and his ankle. Malkin is our guy, he just gets way too overlooked in Pittsburgh.

I've been using this site to keep track of who's playing who because hte NHL's website kind of sucks sometimes. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/playoffs
stilinski
King For A Couple Of Days
stilinski

Blog
April 24th, 2008 at 08:51pm
Aly:

My dad was trying to tell me something that happened in Montreal after they put boston out.
He mentioned something about a huge riot or something? Anyone know anything on this?

yeah. People went crazy and set fire to police cars downtown.

Mass movement and all that, in my opinion. It only takes a couple madmen in order to cause that sort of thing.

Gives us bad press, though. :\

...argh we're playing the Flyers. My History teacher is a Flyers fan (IN MONTREAL!) so the Habs MUST win. We have to show him. :p
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
April 24th, 2008 at 11:16pm
greenday6:
I was kind of pissed at the trade deadline that the Capitals were able to get Huet. But I thought that they could've made it to the second round. I'm pretty sure that the Penguins owned the Capitals everytime that we played them this season (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure). And I think it was without Crosby, and his ankle. Malkin is our guy, he just gets way too overlooked in Pittsburgh.

I've been using this site to keep track of who's playing who because hte NHL's website kind of sucks sometimes. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/playoffs

I was actually in shock when Huet got traded. But I must say. Carey Price is one hell of a goalie, and the funny thing is. He's younger than me and you lmfao.
I really dont like how Crosby gets all the worshipping on that team.
It's not just him!, I don't think he deserves to wear the "C" Roberts should have that.

Well,
Flyers & Canadians
Avalance & Red Wings
Stars & Sharks
Rangers & Penguins.

Here's my predictions for the next round.

Montreal is going to beat Philadelphia.
Colorado is going to beat Detroit
San Jose is going to beat Dallas
New York is going to Beat Pittsburgh.
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
April 24th, 2008 at 11:18pm
dunkirk:
Aly:

yeah. People went crazy and set fire to police cars downtown.

Mass movement and all that, in my opinion. It only takes a couple madmen in order to cause that sort of thing.

Gives us bad press, though. :\

...argh we're playing the Flyers. My History teacher is a Flyers fan (IN MONTREAL!) so the Habs MUST win. We have to show him. :p

Wow Shocked I saw a video on sportscenter about that. It's really fucked how they'd go to that extreme over a hockey game.
Yes I can see people doing what they did in Calgary with "The red Mile"
Ive been there, and all it was, was people celebrating the victory. But nothing like that ever happened.

If they done all of that when they won.. could you imagine what would have happened if they lost? lmfao
stilinski
King For A Couple Of Days
stilinski

Blog
April 25th, 2008 at 07:52pm
Aly:

Wow Shocked I saw a video on sportscenter about that. It's really fucked how they'd go to that extreme over a hockey game.
Yes I can see people doing what they did in Calgary with "The red Mile"
Ive been there, and all it was, was people celebrating the victory. But nothing like that ever happened.

If they done all of that when they won.. could you imagine what would have happened if they lost? lmfao

Something similar, possibly lmfao

or else, they'd be too ashamed, they'd leave with paper bag over their head.

People here have a love-hate relationship with the Habs. Of course, they always root for them, but when they win, it's because they're amazing and all that. BUT WHEN THEY LOOOOOOOSE! Then it's a verbal bloodfest. People want to see some heads rolling. Be it the coaches, players or refs. ANYONE.

It's crazy. Habs fans in Montreal are bipolar, I swear. o_o
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
April 26th, 2008 at 11:06am
dunkirk:

Something similar, possibly lmfao

or else, they'd be too ashamed, they'd leave with paper bag over their head.

People here have a love-hate relationship with the Habs. Of course, they always root for them, but when they win, it's because they're amazing and all that. BUT WHEN THEY LOOOOOOOSE! Then it's a verbal bloodfest. People want to see some heads rolling. Be it the coaches, players or refs. ANYONE.

It's crazy. Habs fans in Montreal are bipolar, I swear. o_o

I think there's more Montreal fans in Newfoundland than there are in Montreal. lmfao
it's like half the population Are Habs fans.. The other half are Maple Leafs fans. lmfao it gets really tense around here when it comes down to play one another.

I can't get over the way they were playing Thursday night OMGyes but I'm glad we won!
And I must say.. What a game last night between the Rangers and the Pens.
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
May 4th, 2008 at 12:37pm
NOOOO MONTREAL IS OUT! Mad

I can see Pittsburgh taking it now.
Janie Jones
Falling In Love With The Board
Janie Jones
May 4th, 2008 at 09:34pm
Amanda Bynes:
NOOOO MONTREAL IS OUT! Mad

I can see Pittsburgh taking it now.

I was pulling for the Habs all the way in that series, mainly because I hate to see the Flyers win Mad

I'm glad you think my boys have a chance to win XD hopefully Philly doesn't just start taking cheap shots at us if we start winning, because I can definitely see that happening.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 6th, 2008 at 02:13am
I had finals, but now I'm back.

Amanda Bynes:
I was actually in shock when Huet got traded. But I must say. Carey Price is one hell of a goalie, and the funny thing is. He's younger than me and you lmfao.
It's not just him!, I don't think he deserves to wear the "C" Roberts should have that.
I just think that the Penguins are really trying to shape Crosby into the next Lemieux-like figure, since that didn't work out with Jagr. And they broke the record for youngest NHL captain, by a few months. Roberts seems like just a temporary guy, so my guess is that they picked Crosby because they'll (hopefully) get awhile out of him as captain, like we did with Lemieux. I'm still convinced that the Winter Classic was a media tool to showcase Crosby to the entire U.S. The game just seemed rigged to me.

Janie Jones:
I was pulling for the Habs all the way in that series, mainly because I hate to see the Flyers win Mad
Same here. I'm pretty pissed that Umberger was able to get so many goals in the Montreal series, I really can't stand that guy. And that Dallas game was the longest game I've watched in almost a decade, and it was pretty interesting.

I think it's going to come down to Pittsburgh and Detroit. Either way I'd be happy, but if I had to pick I'd rather see the Penguins win. But that'd just be mindblowing to me at this point.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
May 6th, 2008 at 03:40pm
greenday6:

Amanda Bynes:
I just think that the Penguins are really trying to shape Crosby into the next Lemieux-like figure, since that didn't work out with Jagr. And they broke the record for youngest NHL captain, by a few months. Roberts seems like just a temporary guy, so my guess is that they picked Crosby because they'll (hopefully) get awhile out of him as captain, like we did with Lemieux. I'm still convinced that the Winter Classic was a media tool to showcase Crosby to the entire U.S. The game just seemed rigged to me.

Janie Jones:
Same here. I'm pretty pissed that Umberger was able to get so many goals in the Montreal series, I really can't stand that guy. And that Dallas game was the longest game I've watched in almost a decade, and it was pretty interesting.

I think it's going to come down to Pittsburgh and Detroit. Either way I'd be happy, but if I had to pick I'd rather see the Penguins win. But that'd just be mindblowing to me at this point.

I can't stand Umberger either, and I don't want to play against him when he's on a roll like he seems to be. Cheese I didn't see the Dallas game but I heard it was epic.

It would be amazing to see the Penguins beat Detroit in the final (if that's the way it came out) but I don't know if it can be done. It would be an awesome upset if they did.

On the Winter Classic...you mean the fact that on national TV, in front of probably more viewers than the NHL ever has, it came down to a shootout won by none other than Sidney Crosby, the new "face of the game?" Laughing I can see how that seems rigged.
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
May 9th, 2008 at 01:09pm
greenday6:

You know you're right, They're probably looking for a long term captain, I'd say Roberts is going to retire in the next couple of years, But I actually do think all of hockey is rigged. It's just starting to seem fake to me, and it seems like all the refs are getting bribed before the game to make sure it's basically a one sided game, which I think is ridiculous.

I actually watched that Dallas game the other night, and Oh.my.god. 4 overtimes later. ahah. By the time the game was over it was like 4:10am here. and I would have been very mad if San Jose won it. But that was really anyone's game.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
May 10th, 2008 at 02:31pm
Janie Jones:

I can't stand Umberger either, and I don't want to play against him when he's on a roll like he seems to be. Cheese I didn't see the Dallas game but I heard it was epic.

It would be amazing to see the Penguins beat Detroit in the final (if that's the way it came out) but I don't know if it can be done. It would be an awesome upset if they did.

On the Winter Classic...you mean the fact that on national TV, in front of probably more viewers than the NHL ever has, it came down to a shootout won by none other than Sidney Crosby, the new "face of the game?" Laughing I can see how that seems rigged.
I enjoyed watching him get knocked on his ass yesterday, after he made his way toward the net. But I'm sure he'll go for his hat trick on Mother's Day.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. I don't really remember what the other two guys for the Penguins did in the shootout, but I was surprised that Christensen missed. He's usually fantastic in the shootout.

I was watching the news yesterday, and they were doing a report on how Gary Roberts is the new Chuck Norris. I've noticed that to, if there is bribery involved than that's really a shame. But maybe it's been going on for a lot longer, and I'm only just noticing it now.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
May 15th, 2008 at 04:21pm
greenday6:
Janie Jones:

I enjoyed watching him get knocked on his ass yesterday, after he made his way toward the net. But I'm sure he'll go for his hat trick on Mother's Day.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. I don't really remember what the other two guys for the Penguins did in the shootout, but I was surprised that Christensen missed. He's usually fantastic in the shootout.

I was watching the news yesterday, and they were doing a report on how Gary Roberts is the new Chuck Norris. I've noticed that to, if there is bribery involved than that's really a shame. But maybe it's been going on for a lot longer, and I'm only just noticing it now.

No hat trick for Umberger yet Party: Hopefully the Pens can close them out tonight, I don't want them to have a chance to come back - or keep playing long enough to injure one of our guys.

Yeah, I was surprised Christensen missed too...I think Letang scored before Sid but of course nobody remembers that. And yeah, I keep hearing "Gary Roberts" jokes that are just Chuck Norris jokes with Gary Roberts substituted in Laughing

I don't want to think about any possible bribery...I love the game. I love playing it and watching it, and it would be a damn shame if something like that was true.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 16th, 2008 at 05:35pm
I dont know if this is completely relevant, but a local bakery is making really awesome Pens cookies:

sucks about the Pens losing last night. I slept through most of the game, so i didnt really see it Molly
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
May 17th, 2008 at 01:14am
lmfao thats the most disturbing cookie I've ever seen in my life
Register