SPORTS: Hockey

AuthorMessage
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 1st, 2010 at 08:16pm
I thought Billy might've retired after the cup like Boucher.

Halak was great. He really impressed me. He really lost it against the Flyers though.

I dont think Toews is that great to be honest. I havent even been following the games. Just checking the scores when its done
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 2nd, 2010 at 02:32am
So did I, but I'm glad that he played this season.

Yeah, which is crazy considering that he owned both the Penguins and the Capitals. But I wonder if he's going to be like a Hedberg, or if he's going to stay awesome.

I haven't been watching this round, somebody lets me know every time that they score.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 2nd, 2010 at 02:39am
Me too, he had some pretty good input.

He probably choked when he realised how close they were to the cup.

I cant be botherd to watch. I hate both teams, I just have slight preference for the Flyers. I was rooting for the Sharks the round before. They were the only team I dont hate.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 2nd, 2010 at 02:45am
Maybe, that guy had a ton of pressure on him.

I wanted the Sharks to win to, when I was a kid they were my favorite Western Conference team. But then they went and got swept.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 2nd, 2010 at 02:50am
Sharks had a pretty great season. 50-20-12 or something like that, and Nabokov is pretty good.

I had a thing for the Stars when I was younger, I think i just liked the logo though.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 2nd, 2010 at 03:03am
Nabokov is a good goalie. I liked the Sharks mostly based on their team colors when I was a kid, and I thought that shark was cool looking. And at the time they were like a brand new team. The Stars had cool a jersey design though, the one where the player's arms and head made points of the star.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 2nd, 2010 at 03:21am
I tend to judge teams by their uniforms. The Cap's old jerseys were awful. And The Wild'sare always a shame too. I love the Bruins' though. I also like the Leaf's.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 2nd, 2010 at 03:45am
Yeah they were. The red jerseys with the stars and the navy jerseys with the eagle were both bad. I really don't like any of the Thrashers jerseys, and their logo sucks. The Wild have weird colors, and besides that what the hell is a wild? I've always liked the Rangers jerseys with the crest or diagonal letters. I liked the Avalanche jerseys to. Tampa Bay has the best pants ever. All of the original 6 logos have held up very well.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 2nd, 2010 at 04:01am
The Trashers have weird colors. I like the Rangers jerseys too. I like the Devil's retro red and green uniform. The Kings have had some pretty strange uniforms though I like the current one.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 3rd, 2010 at 12:59am
Yeah, I'd like to know who picked Atlanta's colors, because they really suck. They broke out the red and green I think once this year. I always wanted to know why the devils had green. I don't really like the purple thing that the Kings go back and forth with. I liked the black and silver though. And I liked most of their logos, with the crests and crowns.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 3rd, 2010 at 02:09am
Its a weird shade of blue and a weird shade of orange. lulwot. I cant understand the green pants either. They wore it around Christmas if I remember. very festive of them.

Flyers won tonight. Not sure of the score though.

They're having some sale at the Arena on Saturday. I was going to poke around. Apparently the players are selling their equipment and the merchandise is on like super-sale.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 3rd, 2010 at 12:11pm
It's just bad all around, they have that chicken caught in a tornado logo, to go with their stupid name. I think a lot of the minor league teams have holiday jerseys, it'd be kind of entertaining to see them do that in the NHL but I don't know what they'd come up with. The Baby Penguins jerseys are cool.

It was 3-3, and then it went into overtime.

Yeah, I saw that on Facebook. They're having some sale that starts today to clear out the Penstation. I might check it out tomorrow. I think it'd be cool to own like a player stick, but with the majority of the other stuff what would you do with it? I've definitely seen them selling helmets and sticks in the hallway before, maybe a couple of years ago. They were expensive.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 4th, 2010 at 11:08pm
Flyers for the win. Rooting forthem feels like I'm cheating on the Pens or something.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 4th, 2010 at 11:13pm
But you're going for the Flyers because you want Hossa to fail, so it's kind of good. But don't start running around in a Hartnell shirt or anything. I hate both, but I don't know Hossa bugs the hell out of me.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 5th, 2010 at 01:39am
I really hate hartnell. His hair doesnt help either. I thought hockey hair went out in like, the 90s. I also hate Hossa more too.

Did you go to the arena today?
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 5th, 2010 at 03:07pm
Ew I know, I hate mullets. Carcillo's hair is pretty nasty to. Jagr brought it back, with his mullet at the olympics.

No I didn't get the chance to, so maybe I'll go today.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 5th, 2010 at 03:51pm
Mullets are bad, but curly mullets are worse. ew.

I wanted to go today. couldnt get a sitter or a replacement at work ftl
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 5th, 2010 at 06:24pm
But they're still around, I see them at local rinks every now and then with jean jackets and all that. Mullets just won't die.

I'm probably not going either, just because of lack of time.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 5th, 2010 at 06:50pm
I'm sure everything was probably sold thursday and friday anyway, also there probably wasnt much to buy for like $10.

I get so lost between hockey and football season.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 5th, 2010 at 07:15pm
Probably. I wanted to get one of those pucks with the Mellon Arena on it, but I don't even know if they had any left.

I only watch hockey, so I'm killing time from the end of the playoffs until October. Cheese
Register