SPORTS: Hockey

AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 27th, 2006 at 09:12am
The Fool On The Hill:
Ahh I missed the game cuz I was studying for finals. After tmr i'm definitely gonna be watchign the rest of it.

I remember when it was Ottawa vs Devils a few years ago and I was screaming at the tv screaming stuff like "Shoot the fucking puck!". Ahh good times.

Cool
Shoot the puck Ottawa, or shoot the puck Devils? Think

Cause either I'm going to like you as a fellow fan of my favourite hockey team, or a fellow fan of my second favourite hockey team. The latter is not as desired as the first...choose wisely.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 27th, 2006 at 09:12am
greenday6:
That's why my brother wants Edmonton to win. He's sad because he's not Canadian.
It's a sad thing to not be Canadian...both factually and sarcastically...
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 27th, 2006 at 09:13am
greenday6:
Jax's Tinkerbell:
im so pissed that Ottawa is now out Mad

everyone seemed to think that New jersey was gonna win. but yay for Carolina putting em out Cool

for some strange reason, i think the finals will be between the Mighty Ducks and Buffalo.
I hate New Jersey with a passion. I kind of feel bad for Ottawa because Hasek's been out since the olympics and I think they could've kept going if he got to play.
You guys are on my cool list. Cool *Nods.*
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 27th, 2006 at 09:15am
I don't know if some of you were on GSB at the time, but Stanley Cup 2004 was wild on GSB. I was watching it in my room and there were dozens of others posting on GSB, commenting about it and rooting for the teams. Good times...that was fun. Anyway, OTTAWA KICKS BUTT!!!
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
September 27th, 2006 at 09:39am
lmfao the chance of ottawa Winning the cup, is as great As Toronto Winning it.

lmfao they just cant do it.

but im still cheering for my Montreal Canadians.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
September 27th, 2006 at 10:05am
Playmate Of The Year:

ahaha sorry but both ottawa and toronto have a wayy better chance of winning the cup than montreal.

*sigh* i don't even wanna talk about my team, the canucks -_-" the only person left that i care about is the captain but i really can't handle watching them lose all their games. it's a shame we have a dumbass for a gm -_-"
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
September 27th, 2006 at 09:00pm
lmfao you may be right on that.
i grew up in a family where just about everyone follows the canadians.
so i grew into them.

its hard for me to say who i think has a good chance of winning the cup. but id say the only canadian teams who'll do well is Calgary and Ottawa. and Montreal (cause im cool like that) lmfao
i dont say Edmonton will do anything this season.
Franny.
Franny.
September 27th, 2006 at 09:25pm
Playmate Of The Year:
so i grew into them.

its hard for me to say who i think has a good chance of winning the cup. but id say the only canadian teams who'll do well is Calgary and Ottawa. and Montreal (cause im cool like that) lmfao

calgary, i dunno. they've definitely gotten better but i don't think they're stanley cup material yet. ottawa deserves it, but i haven't been following either teams this season so i'm not too sure
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
September 27th, 2006 at 09:38pm
Calgary got exactly what they needed, which was another Power forward, being Alex Tanguay.
if he can do what he did in Colorado, Calgary will score a lot more.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
September 27th, 2006 at 09:49pm
TheOneAndOnly/5961304728:
then we have Hasek who's a HORRIBLE goalie!!! AAAAAHHH!!!!!!
omgno I love Hasek. He's my favorite goalie (ever since Buffalo traded him that is, I don't like Buffalo either). Besides, he was kicking some ass for Detroit back in 02. And you're not the only person here who cares about Detroit they're one of my favorite teams. Back in the day when I was in 9th grade I used to have a replica 97-98 Stanley Cup championship replica ring and I wore it all the time, yes I realize that I'm geeky but I take pride in that. My brother wanted the ring now that it fits him, so it's now his ring.

But anyways I hope the Penguins can do something this year, like make the playoffs for the first time since we traded Jagr (2001). We've finally got Malkin, so hopefully we'll not suck and stuff.

Anji:
It's a sad thing to not be Canadian...both factually and sarcastically...
Haha, my dad is plotting to move my family to Canada, but we probably won't. But I had me some good conversations with some old guys about hockey last weekend, at some rink. I got all excited because somebody understood what I was talking about, that's rare.

Anji:
I don't know if some of you were on GSB at the time, but Stanley Cup 2004 was wild on GSB. I was watching it in my room and there were dozens of others posting on GSB, commenting about it and rooting for the teams. Good times...that was fun. Anyway, OTTAWA KICKS BUTT!!!
I don't think I knew where the message board was during the 04 Stanley Cup finals. But I remember watching the last few games at the bar during my cousins wedding rehearsal, and her wedding. I'm just cool like that. Fizz

And yay for somebody reviving this thread!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 4th, 2006 at 01:39pm
Shut Up Juice!:

-_- Fuck you.

Ottawa rules. Toronto sucks ass. Montreal rules too, but only less so by a small margin.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 4th, 2006 at 01:41pm
GreenDay420:
Playmate Of The Year:
so i grew into them.

calgary, i dunno. they've definitely gotten better but i don't think they're stanley cup material yet. ottawa deserves it, but i haven't been following either teams this season so i'm not too sure
Thank you. Ottawa does deserve it. We've worked our asses off over the passed five year or so. We got really strong, but we're only as strong as out weakest player, so now it's our opportunity to strut our stuff.
Franny.
Franny.
October 4th, 2006 at 08:06pm
Anji:
GreenDay420:
Playmate Of The Year:
so i grew into them.

Thank you. Ottawa does deserve it. We've worked our asses off over the passed five year or so. We got really strong, but we're only as strong as out weakest player, so now it's our opportunity to strut our stuff.

i'm rooting for them all the way woo. you guys do deserve it. at one point the canucks did too, but then we got lazy and got a dumbass gm (bleh). go ottawa wooo!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 5th, 2006 at 06:55am
GreenDay420:
Anji:
GreenDay420:
Playmate Of The Year:
so i grew into them.

i'm rooting for them all the way woo. you guys do deserve it. at one point the canucks did too, but then we got lazy and got a dumbass gm (bleh). go ottawa wooo!
YAY! GZA
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
October 5th, 2006 at 11:30am
The news told me some millionaire in Hamilton, Ontario is trying to buy the Penguins. Crying or Very sad
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
October 5th, 2006 at 03:19pm
greenday6:
The news told me some millionaire in Hamilton, Ontario is trying to buy the Penguins. Crying or Very sad
hes said he'll keep them in Pittsburgh if they get a new arena

I like the Mellon arena ;_;
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
October 5th, 2006 at 04:50pm
Fuck_America:

I know, but I just feel bad about the entire situation. Mario bailed the Penguins out years ago because they owed him money, and now the city's basically fucking him over. Especially with that gambling license thing, that would kind of raise the money for the arena, they're delaying all of that stuff to. I think we should get a new arena because they use that for everything, not just hockey. Like concerts and conventions and all kinds of stuff. So it gets used all year round. Yet the Pirates got their new stadium, and it pretty much only gets used in the spring and summer. The Pirates suck ass, so they didn't even deserve it. I'd miss the Mellon Arena to, I've had a lot of awesome times there. I'm babbling now.

And tonights the opener, on Mario's birthday. Which reminds me I saw him last weekend, he brought his son to play in a hockey tournament. Usually he doesn't come, because he gets mobbed.
Franny.
Franny.
October 5th, 2006 at 10:24pm
greenday6:
Fuck_America:

I know, but I just feel bad about the entire situation. Mario bailed the Penguins out years ago because they owed him money, and now the city's basically fucking him over. Especially with that gambling license thing, that would kind of raise the money for the arena, they're delaying all of that stuff to. I think we should get a new arena because they use that for everything, not just hockey. Like concerts and conventions and all kinds of stuff. So it gets used all year round. Yet the Pirates got their new stadium, and it pretty much only gets used in the spring and summer. The Pirates suck ass, so they didn't even deserve it. I'd miss the Mellon Arena to, I've had a lot of awesome times there. I'm babbling now.

And tonights the opener, on Mario's birthday. Which reminds me I saw him last weekend, he brought his son to play in a hockey tournament. Usually he doesn't come, because he gets mobbed.

wouldn't it be weird if like a famous hockey player's kid didn't play hockey? or like for anything...famous rock star's kid didn't play an instrument. [/random]
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
October 5th, 2006 at 10:31pm
My dad would be so sad if my brother didn't play hockey. I've seen a lot of NHL players kids here that are just surrounded by hype because of their dads, and they're shit players. Like you'd think their dad's would teach them something instead of playing them up at a higher level. But Mario's son is pretty good, I think at least one of his daughters plays to.

And yay the Penguins beat Philadelphia, and Fleury shut them out! Shake And the team got sold to some creepy guy, but he seems like he wants to try and keep them here if they get the arena.
Franny.
Franny.
October 5th, 2006 at 11:55pm
whoa! what a surprise! canucks beat the wings 3-1 o_O and of course, captain markus naslund scored a goal *swoons* hehe
Register