SPORTS: Hockey

AuthorMessage
Radiobaghdad
Geek
Radiobaghdad
January 24th, 2007 at 11:36pm
^^ that's cuz he was facing Sidney Crosby Wink

who, by the way.. wasn't at his best at tongiht's game... but we love him anyway.. well, i do ^-^

i wish east would've won Smile
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 25th, 2007 at 02:03am
can't believe luongo was the only canuck on the west...*sigh* but i heard he did well, yay for him.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 25th, 2007 at 12:23pm
Radiobaghdad:
^^ that's cuz he was facing Sidney Crosby Wink

who, by the way.. wasn't at his best at tongiht's game... but we love him anyway.. well, i do ^-^

i wish east would've won Smile
I'm just going to steal your answer instead of trying to think of a new way to say it.

But I was very entertained by the goalies with microphones. And even though the east lost it was still just nice to see an all star game again.
Radiobaghdad
Geek
Radiobaghdad
January 25th, 2007 at 02:18pm
i enjoyed so much hearing all the mic'd up moments... it was hilarious!!
i wish we could download them somewhere. . . does anyone know where??
anyway, here are some of my favorites :

-Martin Brodeur said, after letting through 6 goals: "I try to survive"
-Marty Turco (goalie) said after a Souray shot: "He almost destroyed my hand"
-Montreal goalie Cristobal Huet: "Where are the defensemen?" (in french)
-Sidney Crosby facing the best guy of the league on face-offs, Yanic Perreault, asked him: "What's your secret?? Is it a lower hand?.. "
-Daniel Brière and Yanic Perreault were speaking in french to each other before the face-off saying how impressed they were by Crosby and the referee told them to speak english, in french! XD!
-Vincent Lecavalier had a french conversation with his tiny teammate Martin St-Louis and he said: "I wouldn't stand having two you, one on my left and one on my right.." "why?" "because you're so tiny little and fast than i wouldn't know where to watch"
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 25th, 2007 at 07:06pm
I taped the entire game last night, so I can rip the video. Then once I have the video in my computer I can make them into mp3's for you. So after I finish my art homework I'll start working on that and my Green Day videos. And yes, I am a full time geek.

I liked the interview with Ovechkin between periods, where they gave him a bag of chips and he started eating them. And he shared the chips with the interviewer lady.

And it's finally got cold enough here, so the rink in my yard is finally frozen. Shake
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 25th, 2007 at 07:18pm
YAY. I wanna hear those audios. I love hockey boys. That's the thing about Hockey players .. they're so much more mellow and modest than NBA and MLB stars since they don't get paid as much, they're playing Hockey because they love the damn sport and not for the money because obviously they don't really make THAT much money. Well when you compare it to other sports figures, pft. They're making nothing.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 25th, 2007 at 07:42pm
*cough Beckham cough* But yeah, I love hockey players. Especially the old ones, they played for love of the game. And they were basically falling apart while doing so. I've met a decent amount of professional athletes from different sports, and hockey players seem to be the nicest ones I've met. Especially with kids, they'll sit there and just babble with them. Except for Jaromir Jagr, he's a bit of an asshole/attention whore when it comes to fans.
Radiobaghdad
Geek
Radiobaghdad
January 25th, 2007 at 10:12pm
greenday6:
I taped the entire game last night, so I can rip the video. Then once I have the video in my computer I can make them into mp3's for you. So after I finish my art homework I'll start working on that and my Green Day videos. And yes, I am a full time geek.

I liked the interview with Ovechkin between periods, where they gave him a bag of chips and he started eating them. And he shared the chips with the interviewer lady.

And it's finally got cold enough here, so the rink in my yard is finally frozen. Shake

that sounds awesome!!
i havent seen Alex's interview. . . Smile
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 25th, 2007 at 10:37pm
I can upload that to Youtube, because audio wouldn't be enough for that one.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 25th, 2007 at 11:09pm
greenday6:
*cough Beckham cough* But yeah, I love hockey players. Especially the old ones, they played for love of the game. And they were basically falling apart while doing so. I've met a decent amount of professional athletes from different sports, and hockey players seem to be the nicest ones I've met. Especially with kids, they'll sit there and just babble with them. Except for Jaromir Jagr, he's a bit of an asshole/attention whore when it comes to fans.

I miss Scott Stevens now. Argh. Fool had to get sick and retire. Naw. He was amazing though. Just how he was known for all his insane checks.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 26th, 2007 at 01:53am
The Fool On The Hill:

I miss Scott Stevens now. Argh. Fool had to get sick and retire. Naw. He was amazing though. Just how he was known for all his insane checks.

stevens of the devils? i loved watching that guy play. he was another reason why my fav. states team was the devils. now i dunno...well brodeur keeps me liking that team...
Radiobaghdad
Geek
Radiobaghdad
January 26th, 2007 at 11:52am
ive always hated Scott Stevens...

im in love with that thread now Smile
its nice to talk to ppl that knows hockey as much as i do ^_^
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 26th, 2007 at 03:46pm
I just hate the Devils. So yeah sorry about that. But I have thought of a new nickname for you, since your name is El and you play guitar. El Kabong.

The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 28th, 2007 at 04:47pm
Franny.:
The Fool On The Hill:

stevens of the devils? i loved watching that guy play. he was another reason why my fav. states team was the devils. now i dunno...well brodeur keeps me liking that team...

I'm from Jersey so I love the Devils of course XD but yeah I loved Scott Stevens it was sad to see him go. I was at the game where they retired his jersey. Twas a sad day. And Marty! I have an authentic autographed Marty jersey tehe The frame cost more than the jersey Fizz
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 28th, 2007 at 04:48pm
greenday6:
I just hate the Devils. So yeah sorry about that. But I have thought of a new nickname for you, since your name is El and you play guitar. El Kabong.

lmfao lmfao.

Well I don't like you, you Penguins fool Finger

lmfao. El Kabong. That's a new one hahah. Can't say I've ever been called that lmfao
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 28th, 2007 at 04:49pm
Radiobaghdad:

I grew up around hockey. My brother's 18, a freshamn in college and he's been playing hockey since he was like 8 or 10, so I've been going to his games for years. I may not know much abt stats and stuff but I love the sport.
Radiobaghdad
Geek
Radiobaghdad
January 28th, 2007 at 05:04pm
The Fool On The Hill:
Radiobaghdad:

I grew up around hockey. My brother's 18, a freshamn in college and he's been playing hockey since he was like 8 or 10, so I've been going to his games for years. I may not know much abt stats and stuff but I love the sport.

Very Happy nice!!

i'll do a story of my love for hockey aswell, mmmay?

it's not long: i was born in Montreal and us, french-canadians, are nuts about hockey O_____O that's it
but i do know much about stats and stuff.. and im studying at college to become a sport reporter... i hope it'll work :S...

GO CANADIENS Smile
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 28th, 2007 at 05:58pm
The Fool On The Hill:

lmfao. El Kabong. That's a new one hahah. Can't say I've ever been called that lmfao
Fine then be that way. Hand Nah, it's cool I'm just a bitter person about the Devils because they used to beat the hell out of us. Now the games are more interesting between the two teams.

I stole the El Kabong idea from my dad, I was walking around the house with my guitar and he kept calling me that.

I grew up around hockey to. When I was 3 years old, I used to go to my dad's games and me and my cousin got to run the clock and scoreboard. I got to wave hi to my dad in the penalty box and stuff. And I went to all of the home playoff games for the Penguins second Stanley Cup with my parents. I'm not as knowledgeable about hockey as I used to be, I knew all kinds of stats and player info. That was my massive obsession before I found Green Day though. But I still love the sport, and try to keep track of all of my teams and players. I can't skate for shit now though.

Penguins are in 7th in the Eastern conference. Shake Crosby had this awesome goal last night.
Radiobaghdad
Geek
Radiobaghdad
January 28th, 2007 at 06:28pm
^^ he did!! omg!.. it was a fabulous goal
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 30th, 2007 at 11:25am
greenday6:
The Fool On The Hill:

Fine then be that way. Hand Nah, it's cool I'm just a bitter person about the Devils because they used to beat the hell out of us. Now the games are more interesting between the two teams.

I stole the El Kabong idea from my dad, I was walking around the house with my guitar and he kept calling me that.

I grew up around hockey to. When I was 3 years old, I used to go to my dad's games and me and my cousin got to run the clock and scoreboard. I got to wave hi to my dad in the penalty box and stuff. And I went to all of the home playoff games for the Penguins second Stanley Cup with my parents. I'm not as knowledgeable about hockey as I used to be, I knew all kinds of stats and player info. That was my massive obsession before I found Green Day though. But I still love the sport, and try to keep track of all of my teams and players. I can't skate for shit now though.

Penguins are in 7th in the Eastern conference. Shake Crosby had this awesome goal last night.

Now I want to attach a guitar strap to my acoustic haha. But I'm afraid it'll break cuz the little peg that holds the strap is loose and it falls off easily but I don't think I've ever tried playing my acoustic standing up. I should try that.

The Devils aren't as good as they used to be but the Penguins are getting better. But pfft. Devils still rawk. We've still got Marty and I don't know if they still use the EGG line. That was awesome Fizz

I remember being the only Devils fan when I went to school in MA everyone else was either not into hockey or a Bruins fan and we would have arguments and ym exbf was a hugeeeee Bruins fan and we would argue a lot about it. we went to a Devils/Bruin games together though. That was cool.

I'm the same way. I used to be obsessed with hockey before I got into Green Day then once I started becoming obsessed with Green Day and music I kinda lost my interest in sports but I still love wathcing hockey. I just don't watch it on TV anymore but if anyone gives me tickets to a game I'll take them immediately.
Register