Problems with Teachers

AuthorMessage
Envy
Idiot
Envy
November 11th, 2006 at 04:36am
I never got enough sleep back in grade 5. So obviously, I was always yawning. One time in class, a huge yawn came on when the teacher was talking, and I couldn't stifle it. He freaked out, yelled at me for being "rude" and sent me out of the classroom. I cried in the hall, mostly from embarassment.

Some people can be such douchebags. And to a child, no less.
Sakah
Idiot
Sakah

Mibba
November 12th, 2006 at 09:44pm
I don't like my language arts teacher. She favors the popular kids and makes them feel special and doesn't care much for the rest of us. She always gets me or my friends in trouble for stupid things, like stopping for 2 sec to think about what I should write for an essay. She says her passion is to be nice to all children but she needs to overlook her actions and ask herself if she is staying true to her passion or not. Frankly, she isn't doing a good job at it. I've had her for 2 years now Sad
GDluvur9
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GDluvur9
November 30th, 2006 at 06:51pm
my history teacher sucks monkey balls! i hate her with a strong passion! we are in 9th grade and she expects us to write a thesis paper over the conflicts between anglos and native americans! thankfully i only have her this year but still! people who are all A students are getting B's in her class! I HATE HER!!!
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
November 30th, 2006 at 07:11pm
GDluvur9:
my history teacher sucks monkey balls! i hate her with a strong passion! we are in 9th grade and she expects us to write a thesis paper over the conflicts between anglos and native americans! thankfully i only have her this year but still! people who are all A students are getting B's in her class! I HATE HER!!!

Hard work is just a challenge to overcome, it's not really fair to hate a teacher who is trying to prepare you for tough work.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
November 30th, 2006 at 08:18pm
GDluvur9:

I had to do stuff like that in year 9, you'll be fine.

Except I don't know what a thesis paper it.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
November 30th, 2006 at 09:02pm
One of my English Literature teachers absolutely hates me.

She patronises me all the time, and whenever she talks to me, and I say something back, she just stares at me and nods, as though she's trying to get more out of me, and I end up just staring straight back at her. She's sent complaints to my form tutor because i don't go to her lessons (I wonder why) and when I do all she does is shout at me for absolutely nothing (and I'm not being a typical teenager here because I can understand that people get things wrong sometimes, but even if I move my head, she yells at me).

Today, for example, she asked me why I didn't like coming to lessons, and instead of saying "Because I hate you," I said "I just prefer to do somethings on my own sometimes" and she says in front of the class, how I'm arrogant and how I can't do it all on my own. SO I politely correct her and say "Actually, I said I prefer to do some things on my own. I didn't say I could do it all on my own because I know I can't. And that wouldn't be arrogance, it would be ignorance." That shut her up but even so.

I've got a meeting wit my senior tutor tomorrow about my attendance, so I'm going to bring that up to see if anything can be done.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
November 30th, 2006 at 09:04pm
At least you're going about it the right way, instead of just being bratty and rude to the teacher.

And I hope that it stops =]
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
November 30th, 2006 at 09:06pm
Ha, thanks. I'm at college now, so I am more mature than your average 13 year old, but I also think I deserve some respect when I have been polite, if a little too truthful at times.
billiejoeroxx
Geek
billiejoeroxx
December 1st, 2006 at 10:05pm
ya. im basicly in trouble with a teacher or more almost every school day because i fall asleep in class.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 1st, 2006 at 10:37pm
Well then that's your fault, isn't it?

If you fall asleep in class, they're gonna get mad. It's how it is. It's how it should be.
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
December 1st, 2006 at 10:45pm
My french teacher called me a dissapointment infront of the entire class.

Every Friday [2nd period], we do a french 'discussion' on a topic the class agrees on.
One Friday [back in early October] I couldn't find my notes.
The teacher called on me to start the discussion off, and I told her I couldn't find my notes.
But she said to say something anyways.
And being as I do very poorly in french and that I have a 'fear' [I guess] of talking infront of a class, I told her I couldn't because I didn't know what to say.
And, right there, infront of the whole class, she thinks it's alright to critique me by calling me a dissapointment.

....Bitch. Rolling Eyes
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
December 1st, 2006 at 11:10pm
Michelle.:

Every Friday [2nd period], we do a french 'discussion' on a topic the class agrees on.
The teacher called on me to start the discussion off, and I told her I couldn't find my notes.
And being as I do very poorly in french and that I have a 'fear' [I guess] of talking infront of a class, I told her I couldn't because I didn't know what to say.
And, right there, infront of the whole class, she thinks it's alright to critique me by calling me a dissapointment.

....Bitch. Rolling Eyes
I personally, think that when a teacher calls a student a disappointment, it's basically the same thing as saying they're not good enough or they won't make anything of themselves just because they don't meet the teachers' standards.
Teachers like that seriously discourage a student, at least it would me!
I just feel kinda like they like to place the blame on the students rather than with themselves. Too high of standards. Rolling Eyes
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
December 1st, 2006 at 11:14pm
Serena.:
Michelle.:

....Bitch. Rolling Eyes
I personally, think that when a teacher calls a student a disappointment, it's basically the same thing as saying they're not good enough or they won't make anything of themselves just because they don't meet the teachers' standards.
Teachers like that seriously discourage a student, at least it would me!
I just feel kinda like they like to place the blame on the students rather than with themselves. Too high of standards. Rolling Eyes
I know, she just put me down so badly when she said that.
Like, I don't even try in French anymore. I don't want to.
She humiliated me infront of all my classmates.
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
December 1st, 2006 at 11:28pm
Michelle.:
I know, she just put me down so badly when she said that.
Like, I don't even try in French anymore. I don't want to.
She humiliated me infront of all my classmates.
Yeah, I had a science teacher the same way, like I posted before, this science teacher who gave me an F on a project because my partners redone the whole thing we were assigned and lied on me. Said I didn't do any of it when I had in fact, done some of it. She seen me do some of it too during class. O_o
She called me a worthless excuse for a student and actually motioned for everyone to laugh at me since she dragged the whole class with her to make me try to pick out my project (these cities we had to make) and I couldn't which "proved" to her I didn't do any of it because it wasn't mine to begin with.
So I just gave up and failed the semester because the project was worth so many points and even if I had aced everything else, I'd have still had below a D. Neutral
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 1st, 2006 at 11:34pm
My old principal is like that. Like the time he told me to take my make up off earlier on in the day. And then during class, he just came in, and had a huge go at me, again, but this time infront of my entire class.

And then later on in the day, we had a year assembly, and he had a huge rant about make up, the whole time actually looking for me, so he could once again, single me out. Thank god he didn't find me o.O

But it's not the first time he's done such a thing to me.

And I mean, I wear make up, yeah. All I wear is eyeliner. Because I don't really like what I look like, and wearing eyeliner makes me look my age (instead of looking like, 12 or something.) And I don'e really wear all that much of it, it's nothing extreme, kind of subtle.

And almost every other girl wears so much make up.. I don't get why he's singled me out a number of times o.O

Thank god he's leaving next year. And that I've finished school for this year.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 6th, 2006 at 04:48am
Coff:
My old principal is like that. Like the time he told me to take my make up off earlier on in the day. And then during class, he just came in, and had a huge go at me, again, but this time infront of my entire class.

And then later on in the day, we had a year assembly, and he had a huge rant about make up, the whole time actually looking for me, so he could once again, single me out. Thank god he didn't find me o.O

But it's not the first time he's done such a thing to me.

And I mean, I wear make up, yeah. All I wear is eyeliner. Because I don't really like what I look like, and wearing eyeliner makes me look my age (instead of looking like, 12 or something.) And I don'e really wear all that much of it, it's nothing extreme, kind of subtle.

And almost every other girl wears so much make up.. I don't get why he's singled me out a number of times o.O

Thank god he's leaving next year. And that I've finished school for this year.

your principle sounds like an ass!!

we wer'nt allowed to wear excessive make up and we had to wear skirts that were below our knees, and most of the time children were happy. but i personally think that you will learn just has well with or without make up and a uniform.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 6th, 2006 at 05:51am
My mom went to school for the usual grade check-up and to talk to my class-teacher and when she came home she was all confused and worried and she started asking me some question about drugs. I was suprised, I mean I dont smoke and I dont drink and yeah, I dont use drugs. Well, this is what happened. The teacher wanted to give my mom some books about drugs, this and that, and my mom asked her does she know something, whats going on, are teachers complaining about something and it turned out that the teacher thinks that I may start to use drugfs on the 4-day trip we are taking next year and all the 8th grades are going. And my mom was like, why do you think that and so and the teacher said its cause Im different blah, blah. She thought Im gonna take drugs cause Im different, I dont hang out with all the popular kids, I always look like Im dreaming and Im not very talkative. And cause I wear ripped jeans and bleached Chucks. She based it all on my looks and that`s what really dissapointed me cause I didnt expect it from her.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 6th, 2006 at 05:52am
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
My mom went to school for the usual grade check-up and to talk to my class-teacher and when she came home she was all confused and worried and she started asking me some question about drugs. I was suprised, I mean I dont smoke and I dont drink and yeah, I dont use drugs. Well, this is what happened. The teacher wanted to give my mom some books about drugs, this and that, and my mom asked her does she know something, whats going on, are teachers complaining about something and it turned out that the teacher thinks that I may start to use drugfs on the 4-day trip we are taking next year and all the 8th grades are going. And my mom was like, why do you think that and so and the teacher said its cause Im different blah, blah. She thought Im gonna take drugs cause Im different, I dont hang out with all the popular kids, I always look like Im dreaming and Im not very talkative. And cause I wear ripped jeans and bleached Chucks. She based it all on my looks and that`s what really dissapointed me cause I didnt expect it from her.

ive just had my daughters school report and i have to admit i cannot understand it, why cant it be made simple?
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 6th, 2006 at 05:59am
Lucifers Angel:
[Bittersweet] cant fail:

ive just had my daughters school report and i have to admit i cannot understand it, why cant it be made simple?
In Croatia, parents go to school and talk to teachers, we dont get reports on papers to take home. And its about grades+behavior if there is some problems.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 6th, 2006 at 06:02am
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Lucifers Angel:
[Bittersweet] cant fail:

In Croatia, parents go to school and talk to teachers, we dont get reports on papers to take home. And its about grades+behavior if there is some problems.

yeah we get that aswell, its called perants evening,
Register