Mike's Childhood

AuthorMessage
abnormalone2002
Falling In Love With The Board
abnormalone2002
May 26th, 2006 at 04:08pm
You can talk about Mike's childhood here. Discuss how he was adopted and how his parents' got a divorce. If you want, you can post pics of Mike as a kid but make sure they're on topic and they haven't already been posted.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 04:13pm
Im glad someone made this thread. Ok, I was wondering how we know Mike paid for a room at billies house when they were kids? He moved in when he was 15 right? You can't legally hold a job until you're 16. And the way they made it sound on driven, Oillie was happy to let him stay there with Billie and his family.

Is there an interview where he says he rented a room or something?
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 04:20pm
That's a good question, you're right, a job can't be legally held until you are sixteen, but maybe he found a place that let him work without a word being said about his age?
I don't know of any interviews myself, maybe we should start looking for one...Provided there is one...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 04:21pm
Angel Of My Dreams:
That's a good question, you're right, a job can't be legally held until you are sixteen, but maybe he found a place that let him work without a word being said about his age?
I don't know of any interviews myself, maybe we should start looking for one...Provided there is one...
Thats what Im saying, I don't think there is one. I think that was a rumor that got started on GDa and spread from there. Dno
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 04:24pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Angel Of My Dreams:
Thats what Im saying, I don't think there is one. I think that was a rumor that got started on GDa and spread from there. Dno
Could be, everyone says how GDA is always right about anything Green Day but I have found a lot of errors, not to mention they can't spell to save their lives...

But I don't think there is an interview that says that anywhere.

It's probably what I said, he found some sort of under the table job or a place that kept quiet about it. Or maybe he just was allowed to stay until he was old enough to work?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 04:26pm
Angel Of My Dreams:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Angel Of My Dreams:
Could be, everyone says how GDA is always right about anything Green Day but I have found a lot of errors, not to mention they can't spell to save their lives...

But I don't think there is an interview that says that anywhere.

It's probably what I said, he found some sort of under the table job or a place that kept quiet about it. Or maybe he just was allowed to stay until he was old enough to work?
Who knows. His first job was washing dishes at Rod's Hickory Pitt wasnt it?
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 04:29pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I do believe so yes, if I find out it was something different I will provide the necessary correction.
I should think you'd have to be 16 though because restuarants don't like to hire even anyone below 18 for the fact that you could cut yourself and sue them...
Agh....Now you really have me wanting to go try to find out.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 04:30pm
Angel Of My Dreams:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I do believe so yes, if I find out it was something different I will provide the necessary correction.
I should think you'd have to be 16 though because restuarants don't like to hire even anyone below 18 for the fact that you could cut yourself and sue them...
Laughing Yeah, its aggrivating. I'm asking the idiot club. I just needed to know for the Mike Bio Im writting, and it's driving me crazy now.
abnormalone2002
abnormalone2002
May 26th, 2006 at 04:30pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Im glad someone made this thread. Ok, I was wondering how we know Mike paid for a room at billies house when they were kids? He moved in when he was 15 right? You can't legally hold a job until you're 16. And the way they made it sound on driven, Oillie was happy to let him stay there with Billie and his family.

well part of it maybe is that the laws may have been a bit different when Mike was a kid than they are now..
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 04:36pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Angel Of My Dreams:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Laughing Yeah, its aggrivating. I'm asking the idiot club. I just needed to know for the Mike Bio Im writting, and it's driving me crazy now.
From what I'm finding in bios about him he left home to live out of his truck at 15 and then rented a room in Billie's house, it doesn't say how old he was.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 04:36pm
abnormalone2002:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

well part of it maybe is that the laws may have been a bit different when Mike was a kid than they are now..
No, I'm pretty sure it's always been you have to be 16 to have a job. maybe certain jobs you can be younger for?
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 04:44pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
abnormalone2002:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

No, I'm pretty sure it's always been you have to be 16 to have a job. maybe certain jobs you can be younger for?
It's always been 16 I'm sure...
Of course you can have little like "jobs" so to say like how my brother worked in the cafeteria in middle and high school and got paid for it (not much though) for serving up lunches and doing dishes...
maybe he had one of those? I don't htink he lived with Billie until after he was sixteen though if you read what I wrote above.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
May 26th, 2006 at 04:48pm
I'm 15 and I have a job. Mike could have been mature and they might allow him to work. Dno
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 05:20pm
Angel Of My Dreams:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
abnormalone2002:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

It's always been 16 I'm sure...
Of course you can have little like "jobs" so to say like how my brother worked in the cafeteria in middle and high school and got paid for it (not much though) for serving up lunches and doing dishes...
maybe he had one of those? I don't htink he lived with Billie until after he was sixteen though if you read what I wrote above.

I was a delivery girl when I was 13. So... uh.. yeah... but it is possible.
Under hand of course
(if any governmental offical is reading. I did not work when i was 13)
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 05:31pm
AND THE BIOGRAPHY SAYS

"Sweet Children

When they were both in highschool, Mike got a bass and left the guitar in Billie's capable hands. Using the name Sweet Children, Mike and Billie played their first gig together in the lounge of Rod's Hickory Pit , a roadside café in Vallejo where Billie's mom was working. They were 15 years old. After that they played anywhere they could, although seldom was any money changing hands. Once, a gig was interrupted by Billie's mother who insisted that he came home to finish his chores.

Their first record appeared in 1987. The Sweet Children EP, released on the Skene label was sold primarily by the band at their own gigs. Featuring a barrage of noise and unintelligeable lyrics, the eponymous title track lacked the infectious melody of Billie's later material, although the opening bars are a dead ringer for the forthcoming classic "Welcome to Paradise". The EP featured a raucous cover of the Who's "My Generation" , a fave band of Billie's who long ago may have been close in spirit with Green Day.

Around this time, Mike's mother decided to move out of town to Santa Rosa about 50 miles away. Instead of going with her, Mike asked Billie's mother if he could rent the room on the side of their house. She agreed, so Mike got a job as a cook to pay the rent- about $250 a month. But at night, he and Billie would play."
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 05:34pm
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
AND THE BIOGRAPHY SAYS

"Sweet Children

When they were both in highschool, Mike got a bass and left the guitar in Billie's capable hands. Using the name Sweet Children, Mike and Billie played their first gig together in the lounge of Rod's Hickory Pit , a roadside café in Vallejo where Billie's mom was working. They were 15 years old. After that they played anywhere they could, although seldom was any money changing hands. Once, a gig was interrupted by Billie's mother who insisted that he came home to finish his chores.

Their first record appeared in 1987. The Sweet Children EP, released on the Skene label was sold primarily by the band at their own gigs. Featuring a barrage of noise and unintelligeable lyrics, the eponymous title track lacked the infectious melody of Billie's later material, although the opening bars are a dead ringer for the forthcoming classic "Welcome to Paradise". The EP featured a raucous cover of the Who's "My Generation" , a fave band of Billie's who long ago may have been close in spirit with Green Day.

Around this time, Mike's mother decided to move out of town to Santa Rosa about 50 miles away. Instead of going with her, Mike asked Billie's mother if he could rent the room on the side of their house. She agreed, so Mike got a job as a cook to pay the rent- about $250 a month. But at night, he and Billie would play."
Where is that from?
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 05:35pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
AND THE BIOGRAPHY SAYS

"Sweet Children

Where is that from?
i know I've read that somewhere before...But where....Think
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 05:37pm
Angel Of My Dreams:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
AND THE BIOGRAPHY SAYS

"Sweet Children

Where is that from?

Green Day unoffical biography. 1996. Sound and Media. By Jon Ewing.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 05:38pm
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
Angel Of My Dreams:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
AND THE BIOGRAPHY SAYS

"Sweet Children

Where is that from?

Green Day unoffical biography. 1996. Sound and Media. By Jon Ewing.

Yeah, Unofficial. I want it in Mike's words or I can't put it in the article. The Bio may have started all the rumors, Dno
TresFine
King For A Couple Of Days
TresFine
May 26th, 2006 at 06:42pm
Angel Of My Dreams:

maybe he had odd jobs like moving lawn,raking up leaves.all that stuff
i know theres people that knock on my door asking if i need my grass cut.
Register