Billie Joe's Guitars

AuthorMessage
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
May 29th, 2006 at 09:44pm
Billie got his first electric guitar, the infamous "Blue" (a Fernandez Stratocaster), when he was 11. Billie still uses Blue to this day and has several replicas of it. He has a Seymour Duncan humbucker added to Blue.

Image Image

He also made a guitar he call's "Frankenstein" because it is a combination of several different parts purchased at a Fender shop.

Electric Guitars:
~Fernandes Stratocaster (Blue)
~Fender Stratocaster
~Fender Stratocaster Custom Shop
~Gibson ES 135
~Gibson Les Paul Junior
~Gibson Les Paul Special 59'
~Gibson Standard SG
~Gibson Les Paul Junior TV 59'
~Fender Telecaster 68'
~Fender Jazz Master
~Fender Telecaster Custom Shop

Acoustic Guitars:
~Guild D-55
~Taylor 514C

Amplification:
~Marshall Super Lead 100 WATTS
~Fender Bassman
~Hiwatt Custom 100

Additional:
~Duplex Tortex .76 - .88mm Custom Plecks
~Ernie Ball Super Slinky Strings (hehe...I use those strings!) xD

Image Image Image

Billie Joe Armstrong, lead singer for Green Day, stopped by Gibson USA in Nashville recently where he checked out the plant tour.

Billie Joe watched how each Gibson guitar is handmade by world-renown craftsman. The MTV VMA winner also went over details for his upcoming Gibson signature guitar model. Armstrong and members of the band and his family spent most of the day at Gibson USA and are featured in the three press photo's you can find on the right side of this page.

Songs from Green Day's 'American Idiot' could be heard throughout the halls of Gibson USA as Armstrong practiced in one of the showrooms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Billie say's a lot of his sound comes from strumming. "I use my thumb. It's that half-pick and half-thumb that gives it that thwack. Also, I don't play with my wrist, I play with my shoulder and hit it really hard."

The amp he uses on Dookie is most commenly reffered to as the 'pete' amp and can be seen most noticably at the Woodstock concert, it has 'pete' written across it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Guitar World: "I looked at my guitar playing as more as a tool this time (on Nimrod). I didn't want to go outside of what I can do, but I also didn't want to keep only playing powder chords. I wanted to noodle around a bit and write these nice little leads and just add stuff that made sense to the song. I'm more of a rythm player than a lead player. The stuff that I do play that is more like a solo is a rythmic kind of thing that blends in with the melody. I'm just into getting a good powerful sound. Whatever benefits the song is what I try to play. Mike is a great bass player and Tre's a great drummer, and it's about letting them play. I'm more of a back-up. We are a very tight unit, and I work with them to enhance the song rather than go off on long, pretentious guitar solos. I'm not a guitar player's guitar player. I'm a songwriter. I come from that Pete Townshend tradition: let the song take it's course and build a sound around it. It's hard for me to talk about. One of my limitations is that it's hard for me to talk about guitar playing. I just do what I am capable of, which is not much."

credit to GDA and gibsoneurope.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gibson has now released its "Billie Joe Armstrong" guitar, modelled on BJ's own 'Floyd', with extra specs, designed in close partnership with the man himself. The guitar is available in ebony, classic white and vintage sunburst.

Image Image

see http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Billie%20Joe%20Armstrong%20Les%20Paul/# for more details. Retard
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
May 29th, 2006 at 09:45pm
HE HAS THE SICKEST GUITARS!

I love 'Blue'. He's a hottie Sex
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 29th, 2006 at 09:49pm
BLACK BEAUTY
BOOTY
FLOYD
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
May 29th, 2006 at 09:50pm
Black Beauty?

lmfao
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 29th, 2006 at 09:51pm
iamkiller:
Black Beauty?

lmfao

Yup Yup thats what he calls it lol
Reality Is Due
Post Whore
Reality Is Due

Mibba
May 29th, 2006 at 09:52pm
iamkiller:
Black Beauty?

lmfao

Pssh racist...Cool.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
May 29th, 2006 at 09:56pm
greendayjunkie:
iamkiller:
Black Beauty?

lmfao

Yup Yup thats what he calls it lol

Oh.
LOL
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
Awww...that's actually the model name... Sad

Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty Electric Guitar:

Proof
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
Reality Is Due:
iamkiller:
Black Beauty?

lmfao

Pssh racist...Cool.

NO WAY!
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
May 29th, 2006 at 09:57pm
pearlyfrets:
Awww...that's actually the model name... Sad

Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty Electric Guitar:

Proof

Oh darn Sad I thought he was getting creative with ponies.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
May 29th, 2006 at 09:59pm
BLUE: Retard

Image Image
Image Image

Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
May 29th, 2006 at 10:02pm
HAHA!! He wanted to "noodle around a bit." Cool
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
May 29th, 2006 at 10:02pm
Add it to the first post Very Happy
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
May 29th, 2006 at 10:03pm
Won't it be MASSIVE?!? I'm gonna look up loadsa stuff, this shit is really interesting! LOL.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
May 29th, 2006 at 10:04pm
pearlyfrets:
Won't it be MASSIVE?!? I'm gonna look up loadsa stuff, this shit is really interesting! LOL.

Well, who cares if it's massive? It's information on his guitars XD
Smart-Ass Playing Dumb
Idiot
Smart-Ass Playing Dumb
May 29th, 2006 at 10:07pm
I could get that article on his guitars from the Guitar World Magazine that was all about Green Day, if that helps..
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
May 29th, 2006 at 10:08pm
Smart-Ass Playing Dumb:
I could get that article on his guitars from the Guitar World Magazine that was all about Green Day, if that helps..

That'd be awesome XD
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
May 29th, 2006 at 10:09pm
Okay! Up
Smart-Ass Playing Dumb
Idiot
Smart-Ass Playing Dumb
May 29th, 2006 at 10:10pm
iamkiller:
Smart-Ass Playing Dumb:

That'd be awesome XD

I'll scan it tomorrow, my scanner is freaking out at me right now. It's a great article, and they talk with Rob Cavallo too.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
May 29th, 2006 at 10:33pm
Haha! This is probably a little offtopic, but I just found a thread about the concert I was at and the girl that got to keep Billie's guitar. Listen to the funny people bitch!! xD

"Hey if that girl who got billy joe's guitar last year is reading this i'm offering you 500 euros for it! Thoughts of the guitar are keeping me up at night (well, not really)"

-----------------------------------------------------------

"500 euro for, what does he play? A les paul? And the fact that its Billy Joe from Greenday's guitar?

That's a really good deal, she should definetly sell it at that price!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Ehh...you'd be looking at around 4000-8000...depends on the model I suppose.

If the girl's smart she'll wait till he dies! And if she's a genius she'll kill him now, cos Greenday are shi-yite."

"I have it

I'll sell it to you for a tenner"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't you think taht green day did too much talking and not enough playing. I mean it's nice when they talk to the audience, but the more music the better!"

"Yeah it would be great if they played a few more songs, even still, they play about 14 which is pretty good!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya but still, they were talking for about 40min."

------------------------------------------------------------

"That girl who got the guitar was sheeeeeeee-yite.

Remember when Billy Joe was going to take it off her because she couldn't play the three chords?

Pathetic."

--------------------------------------------------------------

"If you are any good at the guitar you should be able to play three barre chords, 40,00 people or not. "

------------------------------------------------------------

"i felt so sorry for her when she was shitting herself but extremely jealous as well"

------------------------------------------------------------------

"In fairness, she could have been an amazing guitar player...she probably freaked out about the fact that she was sharing the stage with Green Day, infront of thousands of people and taking a guitar off Billie Joe...if that was me I would probably have a heart attack "

--------------------------------------------------------------

(the people who got picked for drums and bass were guys) "Because unless the guys were gay she was probably the only one that seriously fancied billie joe"

-------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHAHA!! That poor bitch!...still, she has the guitar. GRRR!!
Register