Atheism

AuthorMessage
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
November 2nd, 2010 at 03:30pm
I don't believe in a God, I like science more and I have a different view on life which is mostly negative compared to most people. I respect the fact that a lot of people believe in a religion because it gives them hope, something to look up to and a way to happily live their own life, that's their decision. But bear in mind religion has also caused a lot of wars because of people disagreeing and not respecting eachother's beliefs. But then again, there will never be world peace because there's always going to be a few people who arn't happy with what everyone else is happy with.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
November 5th, 2010 at 12:26pm
I don't believe in a God, but I believe there is something out there that is making things happen, but I don't know who/what it is. I feel as though something is making me feel like life is good.
FrankEdwinWright III
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FrankEdwinWright III
November 8th, 2010 at 08:51pm
I'm atheist.

Here is my views on religion.

Religion is like a PENIS. You can be PROUD of it but don't SHOVE it in my face!
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
November 9th, 2010 at 06:24pm
^ lmao.
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
November 11th, 2010 at 11:30pm
The Bears Are Coming:
lol it doesn't really matter wether everything in science has been proven or not
there is also no proof of a god existing.
(though to me science comes with theories that seem way more logic to me)

I laughed at the video cause I thought it was funny, not because it may be insulting to atheists or believers. I couldnt care less about that

we hadden ook gewoon in het nederlands kunnen door discuseren lmfao
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
November 11th, 2010 at 11:32pm
FrankEdwinWright III:
I'm atheist.

Here is my views on religion.

Religion is like a PENIS. You can be PROUD of it but don't SHOVE it in my face!

You could have tried to put it a bit more respectfull in my opinion WTF
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
November 11th, 2010 at 11:43pm
lmfao i think that's hilarious
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
November 12th, 2010 at 12:01am
PallWesslie:
lmfao i think that's hilarious

but still a bit well how shal i put this confronting tehe
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
November 12th, 2010 at 03:29am
^ It is a bit of a silly way to put it but that's how it works.
Be proud of it but don't force it down people's throats :3 (That was the one I heard, at least)
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
November 12th, 2010 at 08:18am
In philosophy, i'm reading about sartre right now, and he is the first philosopher i've felt like i can relate to. Then again, i've only really read dualistic stuff like plato and Descartes where i just can't get how they want it the fit... anyway..
Sartre is an atheist philosopher who agrees with Nietzsche who declared god dead. Not as in, god ceased to live, but like people shouldn't believe in god, but take responsibility of their lives. Sartre recognised that this is hard for some, of course, because most of us like to have something to blandt for their problems. Itdoesn't have to be a god, it can also be like, your parents or bullies, who are now responsible for your obesity or lack of self esteem.
Which is where sartre claims, as far as i see it, that you should stop being a pussy and blame your problems on others, but take responsibility for yourself. Others can't define you, only you can. You make life what it is with the choices you make and how you choose to view yourself and how you choose to go on with life. You can always rediscover yourself and do new things, and when other people tryk to tell you that you cant, theyre lying, because you set your limitations.

Omg this sent a bit further than i wanted it to, but i hope i made sense. All in all, i'm saying i agree with sartre xD
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
November 12th, 2010 at 06:47pm
I think the statement that you shouldn't force anything on anyone else is true, the same goes for atheism. It is an opinion some people share it others don't.
Ok some people take religion a bit to far for me.
Calling Green day en new (in 2008 ) satanic metal band out of the fact that your religious and blaming them and not gun laws wars an poverty and other things for violence is a bit over the edge for me tehe
But then again they judge on something they don't know anything about. so i shouldn't judge them on it.
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
November 15th, 2010 at 09:57am
jessay:
The Bears Are Coming:
lol it doesn't really matter wether everything in science has been proven or not

I laughed at the video cause I thought it was funny, not because it may be insulting to atheists or believers. I couldnt care less about that

haha blijkbaar
jessay
This Board Is My Home
jessay

Blog
November 15th, 2010 at 10:19am
The Bears Are Coming:
jessay:
The Bears Are Coming:

haha blijkbaar

tehe
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2010 at 08:17pm
Has anyone heard of/seen the holiday season atheist billboards? What do you think?
I think it's rather petty and totally unnecessary. Just as I believe evangelism is petty and unnecessary. I don't get why people can't accept that others believe differently. Really, what does it matter to people?
Cereal Killer
Geek
Cereal Killer
December 12th, 2010 at 03:06am
^ That is so dumb on so many levels. I'm not Christian, but seriously? Are you that insecure in your own beliefs that you have to tried that hard to force them on others? I mean, at least religious people are trying to help you (well, sometimes), but that's just trying to help yourself.

I totally agree with the religion/dick analogy Razz It's fine to have one, it's fine to be proud of it, but don't wave it around in public, and don't try to shove it down other people's throats. Which goes for atheism as well. There's nothing wrong with believing or not believing, so people need to butt out.

Besides, plenty of atheists celebrate Christmas. Food, music, presents, why not? Fuck reason, I'd rather have that! Con
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
December 12th, 2010 at 07:46am
well, it is a myth Shifty
when people started to believe in Christianity, most of them believed in natural gods and stuff, and celebrated the solstice, where the days become longer - and they didn't want to lose that, so they just pinned something else around that celebration, and that became the birth of jesus.. i think i've heard that jesus was actually born around summer, although i'm obviously not sure.

i mean, i celebrate christmas, too, but i've only went to church once on christmas, because i was curious.

at the same time, i do think it's quite arrogant to say "this year, celebrate REASON" as if people with faith are ignorant and stupid..
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
December 12th, 2010 at 07:55am
yeah i heard that he was born around summer too
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
December 12th, 2010 at 08:53am
ocean avenue:
when people started to believe in Christianity, most of them believed in natural gods and stuff, and celebrated the solstice, where the days become longer - and they didn't want to lose that, so they just pinned something else around that celebration, and that became the birth of jesus.. i think i've heard that jesus was actually born around summer, although i'm obviously not sure.

i mean, i celebrate christmas, too, but i've only went to church once on christmas, because i was curious.

at the same time, i do think it's quite arrogant to say "this year, celebrate REASON" as if people with faith are ignorant and stupid..

Yeah, that's supposedly true about the combining of the "new" (at the time) Christianity and traditional pagan beliefs. I'm Christian, I only go to church really two or three times a year, but at the same time I'm smart enough to realize that everything about the religion is not an absolute truth, that's why it's a faith.

However, I really don't think it's necessary to go with a campaign like that. It makes atheists in general come across as arrogant, as you said, which I don't think is the case for many.
Y'know Gerard Way
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Y'know Gerard Way
December 12th, 2010 at 04:48pm
Desmond Hume:
ocean avenue:

Yeah, that's supposedly true about the combining of the "new" (at the time) Christianity and traditional pagan beliefs. I'm Christian, I only go to church really two or three times a year, but at the same time I'm smart enough to realize that everything about the religion is not an absolute truth, that's why it's a faith.

However, I really don't think it's necessary to go with a campaign like that. It makes atheists in general come across as arrogant, as you said, which I don't think is the case for many.

i agree with the arrogant part, and the part about not the absolute truth. no one really knows right? it's all in what you think is logical. open-mindedness is really applicable and should be applied to everything.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
December 14th, 2010 at 05:28pm
Desmond Hume:
Has anyone heard of/seen the holiday season atheist billboards? What do you think?
I think it's rather petty and totally unnecessary. Just as I believe evangelism is petty and unnecessary. I don't get why people can't accept that others believe differently. Really, what does it matter to people?

Why is it so wrong for them to put up a billboard for what they believe?
I am niether athiest, nor Christan.
But, how many Christan billbords do you see?
But an Athiest one is petty?

I just don't feel that's fair.

If you're going to frown on one, frown on both.

However, if you do in fact frown on both, and believe they're both petty, disregard this, and except my apology.

Though if you don't have a problem with Chirstan, bilboards, and only this one. Then plese, explain what gives one religion the right, and not the other.
Register