Arctic Monkeys

AuthorMessage
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 27th, 2007 at 12:18pm
i listened to it in hmv, apart from flourescent adolescent and another couple of songs, it sounded very average and a bit repetitive, obviously all the critics and fans will love it nonetheless.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 27th, 2007 at 01:37pm
Jay Tee:
Ok yeah so new album "Favourite Worst Nightmare" was released this week. Apparently it sold like 83,000 copies on the first day and is set to break the record the debut album created by the end of this week...

I think its fucking awesome! Everyone should go buy it! OMGyes Who else has got it?!
I have it and its amazing.
Canadian_saint
Idiot
Canadian_saint
April 27th, 2007 at 01:49pm
Jay Tee:
Ok yeah so new album "Favourite Worst Nightmare" was released this week. Apparently it sold like 83,000 copies on the first day and is set to break the record the debut album created by the end of this week...

I think its fucking awesome! Everyone should go buy it! OMGyes Who else has got it?!

I do!!

Its absolutely brilliant, Im still trying to decide whether I like it better than the first though
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
April 28th, 2007 at 11:51am
I just got "Favourite Worst Nightmare"
I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but it's really cool so far.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 28th, 2007 at 02:00pm
Flourescent Adolescent and Only Ones Who Know

omfg. How damn cool are those songs?! XD
The Punk Messiah
Idiot
The Punk Messiah
April 28th, 2007 at 06:08pm
They had the cutest ever picture of AM in London's Metro yesterday.
They all looked so excited. Bless.
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
April 29th, 2007 at 12:59am
Aaaargh! Just bought "Favourite Worst Nightmare" yesterday and I can't stop listening to it! I'm still deciding on my favourite song though...they're all so good I probably don't end up with a favourite. Bloody sublime so far though Very Happy
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
May 5th, 2007 at 02:54am
Favourite...for now...from Favourite Worst Nightmare, is Balaclava. Bloody brilliant. Alex Turner is a genius.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2007 at 07:41am
I was just thinking the other day, that they are THE coolest band in the country and everyone loves them...

But they're like total northern herberts. Wearing anoraks and stuff. They're not cool as individuals but as soon as they get hold of an instrument they transform into the coolest of the cool. A real mark of a good band.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
May 6th, 2007 at 03:05pm
www.myspace.com/thevelvetygoodness if you like the arctic monkeys check these guys out, theyve got a very strong monkeys vibe
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 6th, 2007 at 03:20pm
Jay Tee:
I was just thinking the other day, that they are THE coolest band in the country and everyone loves them...

But they're like total northern herberts. Wearing anoraks and stuff. They're not cool as individuals but as soon as they get hold of an instrument they transform into the coolest of the cool. A real mark of a good band.
I agree there.
Minority_Under_Dog
Falling In Love With The Board
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
May 20th, 2007 at 09:34pm
They are quite awesome. I just saw them thursday night one of the best shows of my life. they played all my favorites. didn't play mardy bum or perhaps vampire is a bit strong but...
but still overall amazing. they have a great stage presence. and alex spent about 5 minutes describing how the room looked like a room from a batman episode that was a thrilling part two episode.
i want to see them again ASAP. brilliant live band, tons of energy.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 23rd, 2007 at 03:57pm
I wish I could see them live Cheese There were rumors, but nothing came out of it.
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
May 25th, 2007 at 06:08am
I've concluded after weeks of contemplating that I like "Favourite Worst Nightmare" better than "Whatever people say I am..."
Step forward for the Arctic Monkeys!! yay!
Poison Skittles.
Geek
Poison Skittles.
February 26th, 2008 at 08:31am
Arctic Monkeys rocks.
i love them.
Alex's voice is great.
tehe

yeah, favourite worst nightmare is an awesome album.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
February 26th, 2008 at 09:06am
lmfao did anyone else watch the Brit Awards?

They won both awards they were nominated for: Best British Album (the best category overall imo) and Best British Group.

They actually turned up, too, which was surprising. Dress as huntsmen and farmers complete with fake ducks and a horn. They got so drunk that the acceptance speech for Best British Group was just Alex blowing the horn down the microphone tehe they were so pissed (as was Vic Reeves who presented it to them) giving the speech thanking people for the Best Album award that they had to be cut short XD definitely the highlight of the night other than Macca doing Live and Let Die.

Great stuff. New album later this year perhaps too? ~~
Dom
Jackass
Dom
March 2nd, 2008 at 08:26am
Expressway To Yr Skull:
The epitome of the over-hyped band.
They sound like every other british indie band but MTV seems to think that they're revolutionary.

QFT. Theres so much of the same thing out there at the moment, i think you can get record deals out of cereal packets if you have tight enough jeans and a funny accent.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2008 at 09:25am
Jay Tee:
lmfao did anyone else watch the Brit Awards?

They won both awards they were nominated for: Best British Album (the best category overall imo) and Best British Group.

They actually turned up, too, which was surprising. Dress as huntsmen and farmers complete with fake ducks and a horn. They got so drunk that the acceptance speech for Best British Group was just Alex blowing the horn down the microphone tehe they were so pissed (as was Vic Reeves who presented it to them) giving the speech thanking people for the Best Album award that they had to be cut short XD definitely the highlight of the night other than Macca doing Live and Let Die.

Great stuff. New album later this year perhaps too? ~~
omg I just saw the pictures. lmfao

I hope YouTube will be helpful.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
March 2nd, 2008 at 10:49am
Dom:
Expressway To Yr Skull:
They sound like every other british indie band but MTV seems to think that they're revolutionary.

QFT. Theres so much of the same thing out there at the moment, i think you can get record deals out of cereal packets if you have tight enough jeans and a funny accent.

You don't know how laughably ignorant you sound when you say that lmfao lmfao lmfao
FrankFuckingIero
Jackass
FrankFuckingIero
March 25th, 2008 at 07:18am
Jay Tee:
Dom:
Expressway To Yr Skull:

You don't know how laughably ignorant you sound when you say that lmfao lmfao lmfao

lmfao lmfao lmfao 'tis true
Register